Madonna at 50

I love the fact that Norris is not afraid of her.

Me too. And I bet, deep down, she does too.

What I did hate about the whole interview though was Justin acting like he's Madonna's protector or something. John and Madonna have a history that goes back longer than M's and Justin's and she's more than capable of standing up for herself. I do like the look Justin gives John though, it's so "Oh SHIT, you've done it now, she's going to BITE".

I also think she found 50 harder to deal with (fuck knows I will) than she'd ever admit.

What she ACTUALLY said was that she wouldn't be "running around in limos at 50". Don't make her repeat the lyrics of Give It To Me (or more to the point ask someone else what they are!) :lmao:

For anyone not able to access the clip it's the one where she bare facedly denies saying saying exactly what she DID say and getting all arsey with John Norris over it who in turn gets all snippy with her. It's a little uncomfortable for both. Justin's a twat. And a stoned twat by the looks of it.

MTV Shows

To be fair, John Norris was prolonging this interview more than needed. It was apparent to everyone including John, Madonna was ready to go. It was becoming like a guest over staying his welcome shortly before it got to this point.

By the way, why do say "Justin's a twat". Also, why do you assume he's stoned. What I got out of it, he felt the uncomfortable moment and was trying to change the tone by joking it was getting too serious and needed a drink.

By the way, why do say "Justin's a twat". Also, why do you assume he's stoned. What I got out of it, he felt the uncomfortable moment and was trying to change the tone by joking it was getting too serious and needed a drink.

To be honest I just don't like Justin's demeanour throughout the whole interview (not just this clip). He's got an arrogance that gets under my skin. We've picked up a different vibe here, to me he's playing the gallant knight on the white steed, charging in to rescue poor Madonna when she's more than capable of defending herself.

I'm assuming he's stoned because he's a stoner and looks stoned to me. It's not a judgement, I'm partial to a joint myself.

Guest Pud Whacker
Touch-y. :rotfl:

One way or the other, like she really remembers what she said! :lol: What bothers me is that she punctuates a lame-ass, matter-of-fact reinterpretation of a response given ten years prior, mind, with a healthy heaping of snip directed towards one of the few interviewers to quote her correctly.

A simple "I don't recall saying that" would have sufficed.

you know what i always thought of that? i thought he was an idiot. she had just performed so greatly at roseland and kicked major ass and to get off that stage and do an interview and be grilled about something she said 10 years ago was so beyond stupid. you can feel her irritation.

he didnt praise her at all, in that entire interview - as shes riding the high of the audience. he was confrontational and amateur.

Guest Pud Whacker
WOW, SHE IS REALLY NASTY IN THAT INTERVIEW! DAMN!

no, actually he was. you dont interview a legend after a show where shes riding a high and tell her her songs sound like this and this is what you said 10 years ago and why this and why that? its dumb. i would have fired him on the spot. i was there that night, she was on fire - the crowd went crazy - for her to step off and grace MTV with an interview and be grilled by a smarmy fag is disgusting.

really makes one miss kurt loder for reason #4506.

Guest BytheBay
Yes, Madonna was a saint (poor M) and Norris was the cunt.

Madonna is ALWAYS right.

u really are a tool.

no one said that. but of course if anyone in the place doesn't tear the woman to shreds as a "FAN" then they are a loon.

it was stupid question based on a stupid interview ten years ago. the woman was difficult about it but who cares. by all means get out the firing squad.

you know what i always thought of that? i thought he was an idiot. she had just performed so greatly at roseland and kicked major ass and to get off that stage and do an interview and be grilled about something she said 10 years ago was so beyond stupid. you can feel her irritation.

he didnt praise her at all, in that entire interview - as shes riding the high of the audience. he was confrontational and amateur.

Not a fan of Norris...BRING BACK LODER... but really, watching it again it just looks like she's trying to show off in front of Justin.

Cahn't you see?! :dramatic: First time through high school she didn't fit in, this era was a do-over.

strangerswithhardcandy.png

really makes one miss kurt loder for reason #4506.

He is her best interviewer isn't he? I think they have the best rapport. He's also got the right mix of intelligence, gravitas and dry humour which sits well with her. Who else is there? Matt Lauer? Letterman? I think they're my other favourites. Am I missing someone?

^Steve Blame.. :chuckle:

Seriously though..KURT LODER should write the album notes 4 her upcoming Greatest hits..

somebody twitler my idea 2 Guy Oseary NOW.

Guest Pud Whacker
Not a fan of Norris...BRING BACK LODER... but really, watching it again it just looks like she's trying to show off in front of Justin.

Cahn't you see?! :dramatic: First time through high school she didn't fit in, this era was a do-over.

strangerswithhardcandy.png

JERI!!! :lol:

yes, i agree watching it now without the preceding show in mind it looks like shes being a bytch BUT i know better. and hes an idiot.

---

totally funkydita, especially after watching the brilliant no bull yesterday on here yesterday. kurt knew how to get things from madonna in a smooth fashion. norris is a dim wit. with bad hair.

Guest Pud Whacker
^Steve Blame.. :chuckle:

Seriously though..KURT LODER should write the album notes 4 her upcoming Greatest hits..

somebody twitler my idea 2 Guy Oseary NOW.

TOTALLY!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker
He wrote Cher's.

"No comment from the peanut gallery."

;lol: oh well, they share the same publicist!! i still say BRING KURT ON!!!

He wrote Cher's.

"No comment from the peanut gallery."

Really? I just thought it b nice since he wrote that review of her debut album 4 Rolling Stone in '83..

'strictly bimbo city...' were his words I believe....

Guest Pud Whacker
Really? I just thought it b nice since he wrote that review of her debut album 4 Rolling Stone in '83..

MADONNAS FONDLE MY BRA IMAGE... :demonic:

MADONNAS FONDLE MY BRA IMAGE... :demonic:

So his opinion would have now shifted to what? Madonna's "Fondle-My-Medicare-Covered-Cooch" Imageâ„¢?

Guest Pud Whacker
So his opinion would have now shifted to what? Madonna's "Fondle-My-Medicare-Covered-Cooch" Imageâ„¢?

:demonic: