I'm listening to EROTICA

Apples388

Damn right.

2nd only to Like a Prayer naturally.

I still remember the first time I played it. I was in my parents' bedroom. Wrong on so many levels. :lmao:

Guest Johnkm

I adore this album, barring the last 2 songs (Did You Do It?/Secret Garden), it has so many gems, Whys It So Hard?, Deeper & Deeper, Bad Girl etc etc. This was the first album bar Confessions that I bought and is still one of my favourites. Its nice to have something on my ipod like this :).

"Secret Garden" is a slab of genius!

I never consider "Did you Do It" when I rate Erotica cause there were pressing of it without it ("Clean Version") and it's not really Madonna per se. I know which version of the album I listen to, and that's the one without that heap of turd on it!

This is the one album of Madonna's I couldn't stand at first. But, with more listens and with time, I really came to appreciate it. Never liked the last two songs either.

I stole money from my dad..took the bus 2 the city..

Two hours later i was the proud owner of the Erotica cassette & a Nintendo Game Boy :lmao:

That cover was just made 4 cassette consumption...:fag:

eroticaalbcass.jpg

Oh god YES the cassette was FAB, i got it on Cassette the day it came out, everyone in the common room at school was going on about it, i recall most people got it for xmas that year, which was pleasing. I got the double LP for Xmas and the CD (DIRTY VERSION) that Mama Lecter got for me ("I dont know why you want that bloody slut's album twice more when you already have it on tape" - BLESS)

For me, i know LAP is the most favoured, but from a PERSONAL STANDPOINT it is my BEST ALBUM of ALL TIME, it came out at a time in my lfe where i was growing up and going throug stuff, and it became the soundrack to my life (ALONG with the next year ACE OF BASE "HAPPY NATION: US VERSION" or "THE SIGN" for the Yanks)...i can listen to it over and over again and never get tired of it...

"and the next time you want PUSSY....HUH..just look in the MIRROR baby......doo doo doo doo doo"

For me, i know LAP is the most favoured, but from a PERSONAL STANDPOINT it is my BEST ALBUM of ALL TIME, it came out at a time in my lfe where i was growing up and going throug stuff, and it became the soundrack to my life...i can listen to it over and over again and never get tired of it...

"and the next time you want PUSSY....HUH..just look in the MIRROR baby......doo doo doo doo doo"

Yes to everything. You forgot the amazing "here kitty kitty kitty"; I fucking LOVE Waiting

Guest Drowned Bedtime

I got it along with Bedtime Stories and Immaculate Collection from my Dad in a big heap of his music when we moved house. I was surprised by it, I had got Ray Of light and liked it before (this is just as I was reaching the point of REALLY appreciating music beyond radio, I was around 12), but these sounds were more urban, and songs I didn't know. I loved them both, perhaps findng BS more accessible at the time.

However Erotica is my favourite of the two, and her joint second best ever imo, with American Life.

What the fuck is Why Did You Do It? I saw it on the iTunes version and didn't get it..

Guest Johnkm
What the fuck is Why Did You Do It? I saw it on the iTunes version and didn't get it..

Good choice, its some random 'remix' of Waiting...its utter trash.

Havent listened to it for a year or so, so cant give any further detail.

Guest nothingfails0603

I remember when this came out, I was 12 and didn't have the money to buy it, but a month after its' release, Camelot Music drastically reduced the price of it on cassette to $5.99 because they had a surplus of copies (along with Prince's O+> album) and I snatched it up right away.

Guest nothingfails0603
I got it on cassette too (first week)!

Did we all buy it on cassette or what? :lmao:

lol, guess so. Bedtime Stories onward I bought on CD.

I remember when Did You Do It wasn't on the tape but CD only and I thought CD buyers were so lucky to get an extra song, little did I know when I finally heard it. LOL

I also got it in cassette and I was very surprised that we got it in store the same day as everybody in the world ( at that time record store got the new releases after a week ) but every store was waiting the album....

Erotica was also the soundtrack of all those years from ( I was 14 )..

Guest bedtimestorynyc

:ninja2: :ninja2: :ninja2: :ninja2:

hallo!!!!!!

my orgasm says hi to y'all!!!!!!!

here are the pictures of my orgasm:

photo31k.jpg

photo32y.jpg

photo33h.jpg

that's right!!!!!

No no no Erotica is the best Madonna album hands down. The first studio album of Madonna's I had ever bought (I was 11) and I loved it from the start. For me, it was instant. But with albums like Ray Of Light and Like A Prayer they took me a long time to get into.

Well, I don't need to indicate where it would be on my list of Madge's best albums (as it wouldn't be top two), but I've always appreciated the intent of the album, and wished she did more tracks with Betts rather than Pettibone. The first time I listened to it (got the cassette the same day as the Sex book), I thought "Erotica" was the best track, but that didn't last long.

"Waiting" is my favorite track from the album, followed by "Rain," "Deeper and Deeper," "Erotica" and "Where Life Begins." Pat Leonard would have been a better collaborator for a track like "In This Life"- could have been epic (though, some interpret "Spanish Eyes" as a song about AIDS, so she and Leonard already would have covered that). ITL isn't a BAD track, but it could have been so much more; just sounds kinda drippy.

"Secret Garden" is a funky little track, but I don't seek it out to listen to.

Guest nothingfails0603
:ninja2: :ninja2: :ninja2: :ninja2:

hallo!!!!!!

my orgasm says hi to y'all!!!!!!!

here are the pictures of my orgasm:

photo31k.jpg

photo32y.jpg

photo33h.jpg

that's right!!!!!

bitch!!! How much did that set you back? I am a huge vinyl fan and Madonna is one of the catalogs I'm sorely lacking in because her stuff between Erotica and Confessions is so pricey (I did get Hard Candy when it came out), though I plan to eventually get them but waiting until I find them for a reasonable price.

Guest bedtimestorynyc

:lol:

i got it for like nothing when it just came out... i bought it at a music store in Moscow.... don't hate me :nocomment: (i also got LAP)

Guest nothingfails0603
:lol:

i got it for like nothing when it just came out... i bought it at a music store in Moscow.... don't hate me :nocomment: (i also got LAP)

haha. You were one of the smart ones, I don't think many people in the 90's knew that vinyl would make a bit of a comeback and that all the albums out in the 90's would be worth a lot the next decade. Erotica and Bedtime are the most expensive ones on ebay usually.

Guest jkgeldert
Yes to everything. You forgot the amazing "here kitty kitty kitty"; I fucking LOVE Waiting

What's the "here kitty kitty kitty" part? Do you mean right after the "and the next time you want pussy" line? Ha! I always thought she just sang some sort of "do do do." But now that I listen to it, you're right! :thumbsup:

Ditto to so many comments in this topic. I was 15 when Erotica came out. I had just bought TIC a few months prior and was just getting into Madonna, so this was my first purchase of an actual Madonna album. If my parents had known what these songs were about they never would have let me buy it! In fact, I was afraid to take it to the counter b/c of the parental advisory sticker! :sneaky:

I don't listen to it as much as I used to, probably b/c I've been in a happy LTR for a few years now and the darkness and coldness of a lot of the songs aren't where my life is at right now. But growing up closeted in a conservative family in a rural town...this album was a pivotal part of my adolescent life. I was really drawn to these songs. Talk about memories!

What's amazing is how well the album has held up over the past 17 years. Perhaps because it didn't sound remotely like anything else on the radio at the time, it doesn't sound dated to me. I don't listen to it and go, "Oh, that's SO 1992."

Guest Not4Pussies

Well, I know from experience

That if you have to ask for something more than once or twice

It wasn't yours in the first place

And that's hard to accept when you love someone

And you're led to believe in their moment of need

That they want what you want but they don't

It was so easy in the beginning

When you didn't feel like running from your feelings like you are now

What happened? What do I remind you of?

Your past, your dreams

Or some part of yourself that you just can't love?

I wish I could believe you

Or at least have the courage to leave you

love it!!