New Madonna Song?

TOUR2008

Okay I haven't been paying attention...

So am I correct in thinking she didn't co-write this alledged new song..

but instead this will b a sortof Ray Of Light/Nothing Fails situation where

she adds a couple of 'ooh babies' & claim the primary writing credit

4 this 'new' song? :fag:

Okay I haven't been paying attention...

So am I correct in thinking she didn't co-write this alledged new song..

but instead this will b a sortof Ray Of Light/Nothing Fails situation where

she adds a couple of 'ooh babies' & claim the primary writing credit

4 this 'new' song? :fag:

YUP!

I really like the complete demo. It somehow reminds me of something from the True Blue era, with a more updated production. I also get a sneaking feeling that the lyrics "You've been hit by a smooth criminal" will not make the final cut. :chuckle:

Well, she didn't claim primary writing credit on ROL- that's shared with four other people. And, she did add a whole second verse. :) As for NF, has anyone heard Jem's original demo? it's NF's sister,. "Don't Tell Me," where M said out loud said, "song I wrote..." I guess we'd have to compare Joe Henry's original version to DTM (or, if the one on his album is just that). Even still, if the lyrics really weren't changed all that much, and the structuring/melody was, that's part of the process.

Bottom line is that, ageism be damned, M wants to remain commercially relevant- I just hope the finished product is decent. "4 Minutes" was OK, but with the Timbas on board, it just didn't feel like a Madonna effort like most of her classics- nor was it as strong.

Well, she didn't claim primary writing credit on ROL- that's shared with four other people. And, she did add a whole second verse. :) As for NF, has anyone heard Jem's original demo? it's NF's sister,. "Don't Tell Me," where M said out loud said, "song I wrote..." I guess we'd have to compare Joe Henry's original version to DTM (or, if the one on his album is just that). Even still, if the lyrics really weren't changed all that much, and the structuring/melody was, that's part of the process.

Bottom line is that, ageism be damned, M wants to remain commercially relevant- I just hope the finished product is decent. "4 Minutes" was OK, but with the Timbas on board, it just didn't feel like a Madonna effort like most of her classics- nor was it as strong.

But I maintain her additional lyrics 4 Papa Don't Preach were 'OOh..aah..' :americanlife:

Guest Johnkm

Im really starting to like this, but I just hope she changes it a bit, I dont know what it is, it just makes me cringe, which is odd, considering Heartbeat and Candy Shop are far worse offenders.

Maybe so, acko. haha And possibly, "Papa don't you stop lovin' me daddy, I know I'm keepin;' my baby..." (at least according to past reports0 though M's name wasn't on the writing credits for Kelly Osbourne's cover version).

Even if she's not behind the song, the lyrics and the melody are very Madonna.

She did the same thing in the past, so I don't see the problem here.

We all know that Justify My Love was recorded just like the demo (vocals etc) sung by that Prince chick Ingrid or something but it's still a Madonna song.

I just hope the final song has a different production because it sounds dated (and not only becasue of Radar).

I just hope all these demo leaks aren't going overshadow the Madonna version. Some people may say the demos are better than Madonna's, etc.

Also, I can't see Madonna pulling off a commercial hit with this song (especially on radio) in the U.S., unless she has some hot producer/artist in the mix. No doubt, she'll record a smashing version, but I just hope the public will love it as much as the fans because her fans aren't enough pull to get on radio anymore.

I'm over the hit factor.Madonna is an icon, who cares if she's not #1?Yes, she does but I'm only a fan.The most important thing is loving her works, no matter how much HUGE is going to be on the chart.

Of course I'll be happy if the song is a smash, but I'm not gonna make a big deal about it.

Well, she didn't claim primary writing credit on ROL- that's shared with four other people.

Erm, yes she did. Her name is first in the writing credits and we all know it shouldn't be. She got away with it (and other credits regulatly) because she's Madonna. Simple as.

I quite like this. I can kind of hear Madonna singing it -the vocal distortions should cover up Madge's recent vocal weakness nicely. It's a step above most things on Hard Candy including 4 mins. The lyrics are a little poor, not in the sense of her sex being a 'KILLA' and other embarrassments, but more in the chorus lacking a rhyme -they just feel a little lazy and half finished. So if the lyrics ARE being tweaked by Madonna in a 'change a word, get a third' manner, that can only be a good thing I think, let's hope they improve. The production is a bit 'Rachel Stevens circa 2002' but that's ok, most of Britney's recent output follows the same formula.

What is with the daft bitch singing it saying 'you're an aSSesory' :D She sounds like Supernanny.

Overall, this could best new thing to come out of Madge for me for a long time.

But I maintain her additional lyrics 4 Papa Don't Preach were 'OOh..aah..' :americanlife:

I've got sheet music from the 80s that doesn't credit Madonna. The whole "don't you stop loving me, Daddy" section is missing and there are other lyrical changes throughout, namely:

'Cause I was always your little pet

And the baby will be all right

If we sacrifice

There are other changes as well, but I can't recall them at the moment and I don't have easy access to the sheet music (it's in a box somewhere).

I'd love to hear the Jem demo of "Nothing Fails", holidayguy, if it's available somewhere....?

As for "Revolver", I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna changes the verses but keeps the chorus and bridge intact. She can't be overly happy that the whole demo is floating around, but as others have said, it's hardly as though the whole world is hearing it on the radio - it's just the hardcore fans who live on the forums :thumbsup: I do wonder, though, why RaVaughn didn't push to release this herself. It has major smash written all over it. If it struggles as a Madonna single, ageism will be to blame.

Erm, yes she did. Her name is first in the writing credits and we all know it shouldn't be. She got away with it (and other credits regulatly) because she's Madonna. Simple as.

Being listed first means absolutely nothing! If two writers share a publishing credit 50/50 and they're listed alphabetically in the credits, does that mean that Abbott has more credit than Costello? Hardly! The order means absolutely nothing in terms of who contributed what to the song - it's all about the publisher's credits. It really is as simple as that. In any case, if it's a Madonna single, does it matter at all whether her name is listed first? It's not as though she's claimed sole credit and bumped the other writers from the credits. Crikey Moses.

funny peter

i was talking about the 'overblog' image

do you not see it?

the barbie tea pic is at the top of my blog always hehe

i'm evil what can i say?

Oh, sorry! I don't recall seeing an 'overblog' image or anything like that. Hmm. It appears right now -- you must have corrected it somehow. Hope it stays fixed for ya.

The full demo from RaVaughn is decent, although it sort of feels like we already heard the best parts. (Like when you see a trailer for a comedy, and you discover when you see the actual film that all the laughs are in the teaser. Not unpleasant, but with some filler...) I agree, the bridge and chorus can stay. The verses need some help. I might change the "you're an accessory to murder cause..." line, too. Seems goofy to accuse the victim of being an accessory. (Wouldn't that then be assisted suicide?) Whatever, I know it's just a pop song. Why apply logic in an extended metaphor, anyway?

With some input from Madonna, I think it could really be great. It's already decent, pretty solid. (Although, yeah, there is very little rhyming in the or poetic craft in the chorus, which is a little troubling, because it is so catchy.) I can really hear it as a Madonna song easily, maybe just because it is so catchy. And the swagger in the lyrics is also pretty familiar territory for Madonna (like a harder, weapon-brandishing "Give It 2 Me").