IT'S OFFICIAL! THE 2009 TOUR IS CONFIRMED BY MADONNA.COM

le smoking

posted on Icon, I wish they would just get on and issue a press release with the full itinerary

A prestigious businessnewspaper 'Kauppalehti' just told that Live Nation Finland will confirm the concert in Helsinki tomorrow and tickets will go on sale next week!!!It's on the TV news as well

Madonna to play Milan on July 14

MadonnaTribe has heard that the 2.0 version of the Sticky and Sweet Tour will reach Italy on July 14th 2009. The venue will be, as previously reported, San Siro stadium in Milan. Several Italian music radio stations have also started reporting now that July 14 is going to be Madonna Day in the country.

We also heard that the new version of the Sticky & Sweet Tour will be touching two cities in the United Kingdom, one being London in the first week of July with the O2 as the chosen venue. Other concert dates are planned, among others, in two cities in Spain, and two cities in Germany.

There is also a page currently set up for Madonna at the Live Nation website for Poland.

The sun:

MADONNA is heading back on the road this summer.

The Queen Of Pop is extending her Sticky & Sweet tour to take in an extra 16 dates across Europe through July and August, including two in the UK.

Madge kicks off the jaunt on July 4 at London’s O2 Arena before stopping off at the MEN Arena in Manchester on July 7.

She said: “This is a first for me. I’ve never extended a tour before.

“I’m excited to be going back on the road, visiting places I’ve never been and returning to places I love.”

I never knew she loved Manchester...

The singer is clearly keeping herself busy since her split with GUY RITCHIE.

Her 2008 tour is already the biggest-grossing one in history for a solo artist and was seen by more than two million fans in 58 cities.

The 13 gigs announced will be in cities, such as Ljubljana in Slovenia and Tallinn in Estonia, that her Madgesty has never visited before.

Tickets go on sale on Friday, February 6, and are priced between £65 and an eye-watering £175.

Guest jamesshot

She is really really loving the huge crowds from this last tour. The adulation coming after a rough few years, must have felt so great. Loving it so much she is freakin extending a tour for the first time.

The YouTube clips from this tour just show near riots/orgies of love for her by masses of people at each stop.

She's hungry again folks. We may be in for some crazy great shit.

Reuters Wire:

Madonna will crank up her Sticky & Sweet tour again this summer with about 25 more shows in the U.K. and Europe. The initial trek wrapped December 21 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

The final leg of the tour -- already the top-grossing tour ever by a female or solo artist -- will start in London at the O2 Arena on July 4. Madonna also will play the Manchester (U.K.) Evening News Arena. The rest of the shows on the tour will be at stadiums in European markets that Madonna has never played or hasn't played in several years, according to tour producer Arthur Fogel, chairman of global music for Live Nation. The complete route and list of venues will be released Friday (January 30).

Adding another leg to a tour is a highly unusual move for Madonna. "It absolutely has not happened in the four tours I've been involved with," Fogel told Billboard.com. "There has been talk (of extending) during each one, but it has never come to be. But with this one, she loves the show, she's had a great time and she's excited about playing new markets."

The extension will take Sticky & Sweet to around 80 shows, and boost it well into the top five grossing tours of all time. Despite the more than six-month break, the tour will feature the same production and performers as in 2008.

The Sticky & Sweet tour was the first under a 10-year multi-rights agreement between Madonna and Live Nation, valued in some reports at about $120 million.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So she'll do 25 or 22 dates this summer, depending on how many shows she had last year, to reach 80. 55-58 shows?

MADONNA.COM:

January 30, 2009

MADONNA'S 'STICKY & SWEET TOUR' GOES BACK ON THE ROAD SUMMER 2009

Special Guest Paul Oakenfold To Open All Shows.

MOST SUCCESSFUL CONCERT TOUR OF 2008 VISITS 22 MARKETS

BEGINNING JULY 4 IN LONDON

Tour To Thrill Audiences In 13 First Time Stops for Material Girl

January 30, 2009 - Los Angeles, California... For Immediate Release

Madonna's phenomenally successful 'Sticky & Sweet Tour', already the #1 Biggest Grossing Tour in history for a solo artist, will embark on another series of shows beginning July 4th in London. (Schedule follows this release). Stops will include appearances in never before played markets such as Werchter Belgium, Marseille France, Hamburg Germany, Oslo Norway, Helsinki Finland, Tallinn Estonia, Ljubljana Slovenia as well as stops in Romania, Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria it was confirmed today by Live Nation. Additional appearances by Madonna will include return visits after more than 15 years to Madrid, Gothenburg and Munich.

"This is a first for me. I've never extended a tour before. I'm excited to be going back on the road, visiting places I've never been and returning to places I love" commented Madonna about the new run of dates.

Raves around the globe for the tour include the London Times which remarked, "In the premiere league of song-and-dance spectaculars, the queen of pop remains unrivaled and undefeated." "The choreography, visuals and live talent were world class and mind-blowingly well executed, intelligent and witty," glowed The Independent (UK).

In 2008, the 'Sticky & Sweet Tour' was seen by 2,350,285 fans in 58 cities. With record breaking ticket sales everywhere, including 650,000 tickets sold in her series of South American dates, 72,000 tickets at Zurich's Dübendorf Airfield - the largest audience ever assembled for a show in Switzerland, 75,000 tickets in London and four sell outs in New York's Madison Square Garden (60,364 tickets).

"This new run of dates will further solidify Madonna's position as one of the top selling touring artists of all time," said Arthur Fogel, Live Nation's Chairman of Global Music and CEO of Global Touring/Artist Nation.

Special Guest for Sticky & Sweet 2009, Paul Oakenfold has long been one of the most important - if not the most important - name in modern club culture. He has remixed The Rolling Stones U2, Madonna, Justin Timberlake, Snoop Dog, Muse New Order, The Cure, Massive Attack and even Elvis Presley and produced The Happy Mondays. The two time Grammy nominee is in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the biggest DJ in the world. His new artist album, 'Pop Killer' is due out later this year.

Madonna's multi-Grammy-nominated CD 'Hard Candy' debuted at Number One in over 37 countries.

MADONNA 2009 'STICKY & SWEET TOUR' SCHEDULE

04 July - London, United Kingdom - The 02 London - On sale Feb. 06

07 July - Manchester, United Kingdom - MEN Arena - On sale Feb. 06

11 July - Werchter, Belgium - Festivalpark - On sale Feb. 07

14 July - Milan, Italy - San Siro - On sale Feb. 06

21 July - Barcelona, Spain - Olympic Stadium

23 July - Madrid, Spain - Vicente Calderon

28 July - Hamburg, Germany - Trab-Arena Hamburg Bahrenfeld

30 July - Oslo, Norwary - Vallehovin - On sale Feb. 09

04 Aug - Tallinn, Estonia - Tallinn Song Festival Ground

06 Aug - Helsinki, Finland - West Harbour - On sale Feb. 09

09 Aug - Gothenburg, Sweden - Ullevi - On sale Feb. 09

11 Aug - Copenhagen, Denmark - Parken - On sale Feb. 09

13 Aug - Prague, Czech Republic - Chodov Natural Amphitheatre

15 Aug - Warsaw, Poland - Bemowo Airport

18 Aug - Munich, Germany - Olympic Stadium

20 Aug - Ljubljana, Slovenia - Hippodrome

In 2009, Madonna's 'Sticky & Sweet Tour' will also visit Marseille in addition to performances in Bulgaria, Hungary, Russia, Romania, and Serbia

OH MY GOD I'm going to see her!!!!! :dramatic:

Slovenia and Estonia? Wow.

Estonia is shocking. Hardly anyone ever goes there. My friend lives there. I bet he never thought M would do a show there :lol:

Estonia is shocking. Hardly anyone ever goes there. My friend lives there. I bet he never thought M would do a show there :lol:

Has Shakira gone there?

Guest boytoyville
I believe here concert will not be considered "suitable" for their country by the chinese authorities

She could perform in Hong Kong. Their freedoms were preserved for another 50 yrs when the lease to Great Britain went up.

She could perform in Hong Kong. Their freedoms were preserved for another 50 yrs when the lease to Great Britain went up.

This could be the most feasible for me to see if ever. Oh pleeeease let it happen!

Guest Danny86

The shows of Norway, Finland & Sweden sold out in record breaking time today.

From Madonna Tribe:

Tickets for the Sticky & Sweet Tour concert at the West Harbour in Helsinki on August 6th went on sale at 9 AM this morning and sold out within three hours.

Fans experienced serious difficulties with both telephone and on-line sales, with lines to the Lippupiste sales office jammed and some callers experiencing crossed connections. R-kiosk sales points also faced difficulties as internet ticket booking services overloaded and crashed.

A record total of 80,000 tickets for the Madonna concert went on sale this morning.

Tickets may still become available for the Helsinki stadium date, according to ticket-vendor Lippupiste, as people who disregarded the six-ticket per person reservation limit will be unable to redeem their tickets.

Lippupiste has issued a warning against buying tickets on the aftermarket. Scalpers have begun selling Sticky & Sweet concert tickets online at very high mark-ups. The company, however, says scalpers may not come into possession of the tickets they are now selling. The wheeling and dealing of Madonna concert tickets is already in full swing at the auction website huuto.net.

From an article by YLE. Thanks to our Community member Finnboy.