S&S DVD release

tatimadge

There was no official announcement of the DVD being released this March anyway. Just a fan site stating it's source said it would be released. And maybe there were plans originally to release it in March, but never set in stone.

Anyone disappointed over this, set themselves up. I am not disappointed. Sure, I wouldn't mind to have that DVD in March, but I understand why they will delay it til later in the year. And hopefully, it will give them more to add to the Extras?

It'll be released. Patience is a virtue. ;)

Guest nothingfails0603
of course, by the way where is my RIT DVD? :bruised:

what about that BAT DVD that was supposed to come out around the time Drowned World Tour began? :lol:

Guest Danny86
Releasing the dvd after this '09 expansion leg would mean that the tour would essentially remain the same, set list and all.

Which is how it was always meant to be. I can only repeat what neutrocks said, people set themselves up for a different show and they are going to be disappointed.

MadonnaOnline.br was the one who initially broke the news about DVD in March but MadonnaTribe also confirmed it, so I do believe there was some truth in it. What BR posted now is kinda "damage control", they probably saw the DVD not being on any schedule for months so they gave this explanation which is of course very, very possible and unlike what Warner was doing, this is far from "bad marketing".

When did BAT have a DVD release? It was released on laserdisc back in the 90's but I don't recall ever hearing about a DVD.

But IT WAS released.The LD rip is great (both Nice and Yokohama).We also have the spainish show and Houston, even if the sound sucks.

Whe haven't ONE single FULL RIT SHOW.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
But IT WAS released.The LD rip is great (both Nice and Yokohama).We also have the spainish show and Houston, even if the sound sucks.

Whe haven't ONE single FULL RIT SHOW.

AGAIN, when did BAT have a DVD release? Bootlegs and homemade rips from other formats don't count otherwise you can point to the RIT Paris show that has made the rounds on bootleg DVDs and online.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
Thank you.

So you have yet to answer the question. Please point to where DVDs of BAT have been released that are not bootlegs or rips of other officially released formats.

I mean we have the Virgin Tour on VHS. I'm sure there are some creative souls out there who have taken that and put it onto DVD.

The point to all of this is IT'S NOT THE SAME as an official release. Something released on DVD now for BAT would be remastered for better quality picture and sound than for what was released on some laserdisc back in the early 90's.

There's also the whole issue of M not getting a cent of the profits of sale from these bootlegs and laserdisc rips. Why anyone would advocate a "who cares" type of mentality towards those seeking to get the concert on an official release is a bit off the beam. :wacko:

So you have yet to answer the question. Please point to where DVDs of BAT have been released that are not bootlegs or rips of other officially released formats.

I mean we have the Virgin Tour on VHS. I'm sure there are some creative souls out there who have taken that and put it onto DVD.

The point to all of this is IT'S NOT THE SAME as an official release. Something released on DVD now for BAT would be remastered for better quality picture and sound than for what was released on some laserdisc back in the early 90's.

There's also the whole issue of M not getting a cent of the profits of sale from these bootlegs and laserdisc rips. Why anyone would advocate a "who cares" type of mentality towards those seeking to get the concert on an official release is a bit off the beam. :wacko:

LOL, are you ok?

Guest Spotlight

*COUGH*

During the late 1980s, Pioneer signed contracts with major music artists, such as Madonna, Janet Jackson, and others, to release their concerts on Laserdisc only through Pioneer. To this date, the contracts are still standing, and the concerts have not been re-released on DVD by Pioneer or others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laserdisc

So let's make due with what we have. Which is:

Houston - bootleg recording of screens, released on DVD.

Nice - professionally recorded, released on Laserdisc.

Yokohama - professionally recorded, released on Laserdisc and VHS.

Barcelona - professionally recorded, broadcast in Europe, Australia and Canada.

Paris - portions of the show professionally recorded, included in Truth Or Dare (which I'm pretty sure has been released on all formats).

And all of these are easy enough to find online...

Edited by Spotlight

The Asian market did get an official release in a number of formats for Blond Ambition. And I think the point some are making is that BA did get a commercial release on Laser Disc. Now, that may not mean squat to anyone these days, but back in the early 90's, LD was the latest technology that was hoping to catch on. Even GIRLIE SHOW got a LD release.

I actually have the LD of BA. I was one of those idiots who bought the LD player simply for the concert. This was before DVD's existed and I should have figured a smaller format was on it's way such as albums went to CDs.

Anyway, I'd love to have the DVD of this concert. The only way to get an official copy is order the Japan version and I'm not certain readidly available they are anymore. I know Amazon.com has them available.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
The Asian market did get an official release in a number of formats for Blond Ambition. And I think the point some are making is that BA did get a commercial release on Laser Disc. Now, that may not mean squat to anyone these days, but back in the early 90's, LD was the latest technology that was hoping to catch on. Even GIRLIE SHOW got a LD release.

I actually have the LD of BA. I was one of those idiots who bought the LD player simply for the concert. This was before DVD's existed and I should have figured a smaller format was on it's way such as albums went to CDs.

Anyway, I'd love to have the DVD of this concert. The only way to get an official copy is order the Japan version and I'm not certain readidly available they are anymore. I know Amazon.com has them available.

Thank you for actually answering the question. So only those living in Japan (or any other region that can play that region's DVDs) can watch BA on an officially released DVD.

And yes, as you state, the concert got multiple format releases but they are all formats that are now obsolete.

My interest in a RIT DVD is equal to one for BAT. For me, rips from outdated formats or bootlegs or select performances that are available in DVD are not satisfactory enough.

Of course a BAT DVD release would be excellent and welcome. The point was that a few professionally shot BA shows either were released commercially somewhere in the world (Japan, Nice) or broadcast (Barcelona), and, for the time being, if one has them, they're an OK alternate rather than watching some bootleg performance that was filmed from someone's camera or something. I got a VHS copy of the Japan show back in 1999, and have had the recorded-from-HBO VHS copy since it aired- then I got a burned DVD copy of the Barcelona show, plus that Houston show with the less-than-stellar sound.

With RIT, we've had no professionally shot shows that were broadcast or commercially released, so all we have for the moment of the whole show are bootlegs.

And, yes, Virgin Tour on DVD- with the missing performances either put back in place or added as bonus features- should happen, as well.

Guest Hard-Candy-Boy

hay:)

i've heard that madonna will show the sticky and sweet tour on march 1st on this website: www.maverick.com

do you know if it is true???? please help me!!!

hay:)

i've heard that madonna will show the sticky and sweet tour on march 1st on this website: www.maverick.com

do you know if it is true???? please help me!!!

Oh Brother ,,,, dont believe that load of crap

Guest Hard-Candy-Boy
Oh Brother ,,,, dont believe that load of crap

it could be true...we will see on march 1st:):)

but the dvd will go out in 6 month with the ghv3! and suprise, beat goes on will be the fourth single of hard candy which will promote the dvd!