NEW YORK CITY - October 7 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

Guest boytoyville

Guest boytoyville

^ Yes apparently she even sang the second verse & said "Sarah Palin get off my street" lol! Rosie & P.Diddy were in the audience tonight! If I remember correctly P Diddy saw Confessions in Rome last time too. He must be a fan! :)

Guest Pud Whacker

october 7 - MSG -

BEST LIVE MADONNA SHOW EVER. better than virgin, wtg, confessions or any other.,

it was perfect. she was on fire, greatest seats ever, greatest connection, greatest everything. madonna 25 years later is more arresting, commanding, and fantastic than ever before.

great night, great audience, great mood, GREAT SHOW. tonight was the very reason im a madonna fan.

:thumbsup:

Just came back from the show. Request song was I Love New York and it went down very well, so well in fact that she sang two verses instead of the usual one verse. And when everyone was singing "get off my street" she said "you know who should get off my street...Sarah Palin" and the crowd roared. She dissed her some more after that and the crowd roared again. Really amazing tonight. Best of the three NY area shows so far. She forgot the lyrics to couple of songs, Music and another song before that (can't remember) but she was on fire tonight and the crowd was amazing. Better than last night. I was in the 100 Level and I actually enjoyed the show more than when I was on the floor last night and last Saturday in NJ. The effects of the lasers and the video screens are much more stunning from afar and the choreography and costumes blend in more when you can actually see the staging as a whole. Really impressive in fact. The crowd where I was and all the surrounding sections really had a blast. Straight guys with their wives and girlfriends singing, dancing, jumping, it was fantastic. And everyone raving on our way out, die hard fans, first timers, young, old, everyone thought she and the show were amazing. A couple close to us who were first timers couldn't move after the show. They were so mesmerized they couldn't believe what they just saw. I had to say excuse me three times cuz I couldn't get through and they were just standing there saying WOW WOW. Thank you God, thank you for Madonna. WOW WOW!!!

Guest FrozenLight

I swear after each show someone says it's the best show ever...in most cases it's just the feeling of coming back from seeing Madonna and therefore people still feel overwelmed. Give it a few days to digest and I'm sure most people would be more realistic in how to compare this to previous tours

I swear after each show someone says it's the best show ever...in most cases it's just the feeling of coming back from seeing Madonna and therefore people still feel overwelmed. Give it a few days to digest and I'm sure most people would be more realistic in how to compare this to previous tours

And?

I'm sorry you couldn't attend the show.

gawd, I hope not... though it feels like it

WOW.. it was incredible you guys!!! fucking amazing! easily one of the best madonna performances i've ever seen. the mr. agreed. last night was amazing, no doubt, but there was something special about tonight. madonna was indeed on fire.. giving her very best and even more loosened up than last night. i got plenty of eye contact w/ her and i know a lot of the other fans did too - she was touching people's hands and singing to them left and right, pointing to them, talking to them - the fans tonight were having such a great time! even the old people were into it! the crowd around me was having the time of their life and so it was super easy to just go crazy along with them. we were all jumping and dancing and going bat shit crazy!!

i think last night because i was so close and because i was taking it all in for the first time, it was maybe harder for me to appreciate the sheer volume of this show - the incredible dance moves, the amazing set pieces, the wonderful songs. she has once again breathed new life into her classics and made me appreciate the new ones even more. I'm not sure where to measure this in comparison to the other tours.. and maybe i don't want to.. because it, like the others, deserves its own special place.. i don't think i've ever felt such a need to be THERE live and in-person for a madonna show.. you need the energy of the live performance, you need to BE THERE to completely appreciate it because it is probably her most high octane performance ever.

I don't think I've jumped so much in my life! CANDY SHOP sounded great, BEAT GOES ON was fucking HUGE and had the crowd going nuts, especially with the car coming in...and people loved HUMAN NATURE and sung along even more than they did last night. you could hear her vocals a little better and the message really rang loud and true with her delivery - you could tell she was really feeling it and having fun.. and of course the "ITS BRITNEY BITCH" line had the audience roaring. it was really funny.

VOGUE..wow. one of the best Vogue's ever! it's just that the beat is HUGE and mixing it w/ a 4 minutes tonic makes it more meaty and less campy. the dancing was fucking awesome... it just goes to show she can do anything with any song and some how it works.. it was such a powerful performance and one of the examples of how i think this show has possibly her best dancers yet. they are all, of course, beautiful..i particularly have a crush on that white bald boy.. mmm. he's just delicious!!! this was one of my fave performances of the night. mostly because it's so oddball of a choice to mix those two songs but it totally works.

people were much more into the DIE ANOTHER DAY interlude than last night.. everyone was singing and dancing along.. and a lot of people had a hard time paying attention to the boxer/dancers because the images of the video are so damn arresting... i know i was glued to the screen. it's one of her best video montages.. i mean how can a woman look so damn tough and sexy after all these years! the muscles, the boobs, the hair, the makeup.. she's a killer in it for sure, but also so goddamned hot.. i think it's some of the sexiest work she's ever done. it's w/ klein, right? those two make amazing work- but this takes the cake. it should have been it's own video for one of the Hard Candy songs, it's so good.. and the new remix. I LOVE IT!! can't wait to get the dvd so i can rip it to mp3!

oh INTO THE GROOVE.. so energetic and fun and colorful and i love the keith harring artwork and this is where most of all (though it shows through out the show) that madonna is at her GIRLIEST ever in any tour. did anyone else notice that? i mean she is huge and tough in some parts but this in particular showed such a cute, fun, feminine side of her.. it's like she transformed into that early 80s street rat again.. the dancing was top form and all the individual dancers really got to show off their youthful spirit - but it was madonna that seemed the most youthful. with this and MUSIC and also SHE'S NOT ME, she squeaks and hiccups and giggles and googly eyes her way through the songs like a green newcomer fresh off the VIRGIN TOUR. i can't be the only one who gets that feel from this tour. she's let go a bit.. she's having fun and she shows it.. she's realized that the best way to connect w/ the audience is to show that feminine side of her, that dorky side we don't often get to see.. and there's plenty of that!

oh, a little aside... i was able to enjoy INTO THE GROOVE much much more tonight because last night (10/6) i was one of the people in the audience she handed the mic to (if you want to hear me and some queens singing off key for a little while, look for it on youtube). she came up to me and the queens in front of me (we were all at the catwalk) and went WAH WAH WAH WAH (she was talking but i had NO IDEA what she was saying...but since it was madonna i just nodded and said "YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!") and then her dancer shoved a mic in our face. by the time i realized we were supposed to be singing the song (it was seconds but seemed like minutes) i think i managed a few totally off-key lines in my frozen terror and then the dancer was off with the mic (thank god). it was humiliating and WONDERFUL. we were AWFUL but also hillarious. i nearly died!!! the mr. was pointing at me for the dancer to see going "PICK HIM! PICK HIM!" all the while pushing me up to the mic and saying to me "SING! SING!" i sang alright.. i sang a song that was WAY out of my ranger and probably sounded like nails on a chalkboard! but it was still fun!

so yeah, anyway, tonight was MUCH better because i was far away from the mic and got to listen to other people warble the song off key (better than i). INTO THE GROOVE is one of my fave moments of tonight!!

oh HEARTBEAT. that rhythmic siezure dancing she does at the beginning before she "comes alive" is wonderful as is the dancing on the catwalk later. it's probably my fave HC song so it was a real treat to be suprised w/ that. and omg SHE'S NOT ME.. probably my favorite performance of the show.. the song sounds top notch and the girly dancing at the beginning is stellar but once the madonna effigies show up and she's tearing them down only to put them back together on herself and crawl towards the stage.. only madonna can go from light and airy girlie virgin tour-y to Norma Desmond from Sunset Blvd.-esque meltdown mode.. and she was even more

did i forget BORDERLINE? i can't remember where it fits in the set but all i can say is WOW. she's not me and borderline and heartbeat.. that's probably my favorite stretch of the show. and borderline was even better tonight! she just let loose and rocked the shit out of it. maybe it was just the newness of playing this material in a new venue had worn off.. because she was comfortable and enjoying herself. even better than HU, Borderline rock version just blew my mind.. she loves it and the way she sings it is again so girly and sweet...not at all like the militaristic Material Girl or the I love NY from CT. she's bouncy and sweet and loving it and it sounds GREAT in rock format. i can almost see it originally being that way.. the crunchy chords work beautifully with the bubblegummy lyrics.. it's so damn catchy this way!!! if it was made originally in today's day and age, i bet it would sound a lot like this! madonna was in full breakfast club mode every time she strapped on the guitar this tour.. she's reaching back.. it's not the madonna of today who re-learned guitar.. it's the old school young madonna who had just learned those chords and was getting her first taste of stardom.. at least that's how i felt about it!

i love that she referenced HERE COMES THE RAIN AGAIN (i knew she digged Annie but it was a very cool and rare nod to one of her contemporaries) and i was sad that we didn't get a full RAIN performance (how amazing would that have been?) but my disappointment from NY night one and no RAIN was completely gone by the time i saw DEVIL the 2nd night. even better than it is on record. just BETTER, and the imagery and the hooded costume and the rain and the piano.. it just works. it's grand but intimate, just like i'm sure she envisioned. DEVIL into SPANISH LESSON is one of the weirder segues in the show but that aside, the performance of SPANISH LESSON made me see the song in a whole new light. like before, she was playful and silly but it had a dark edge to it and with the screens going and the hooded men and dancing, and the huge sound of the song live, i couldn't help but think "could spanish lesson have been a single?" i know, it's a ridiculous thought, but it sounded SO GOOD. now when i hear the song on the record (i never disliked it but was a bit indifferent), i'll have a whole new appreciation for it.

MILES AWAY was of course great and sounded like the Roseland show.. not a standout but it was beautiful and meaningful for me and the mr. in that sweet romantic way.. she sang it great both nights. LA ISLA with the gypsies was even better sounding than the live earth version, mostly i think because MADONNA was really going off in her singing this time, letting herself really climb notes instead of staying in her comfort zone.. it sounded even more fun this time around and man, i jumped the shit out of this one.. i was definitely feeling the burn! but it's such an infectuous song and i'm glad i got the opportunity to see the lela version live because it adds a whole new dimension of awesomenesss. speaking of awesomeness.. that gypsy band.. they were SOOOO cute! i loved that these old guys are just jammin' along with huge smiles on their faces to a madonna song, and then later when she just sits and watches them perform.. thats pretty brassy of her - usually such a performance would be relegated to an interlude, but she decides "nah, i'm just going to sit here and enjoy a show within a show".. she's got balls, that one.

and then YOU MUST LOVE ME. me and the mr.'s song. O M F G. the first night it was so shocking that we spent most of the song mouth agape and unable to take in how totally perfect this version was... but tonight we were able to soak it all in, embraced and totally loving her and each other.. it's such a wonderful song and she sings it so soulfully.. i never thought i'd hear OUR song live.. but it's just killer. and tonight she really tried for a few unexpected high notes that she didn't the night before. hey, good for her.. she didn't hit them all but the feeling was there. man.. my favorite part of the show. such a great song.. such a great moment. such beautiful instrumentation.. i saw a number of people with tears in their eyes after this performance tonight. i didn't see that last night but maybe i was too shocked to notice.

the GET STUPID interlude. i'm running out of positive adjectives. in a word: UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLYAWESOME. crowd ate it up. huge cheers for Obama. Barack my heart!!

4 MINUTES sounded even bigger than on the record and was one of the funnest songs to dance to, though the performance isn't a huge difference from the night before or the Roseland show. just a solid perf of a solid sounding song and i'm really hoping that justin shows up this weekend because that added dimension would make it MUCH better. the sliding screens are fun but it still kinda looks like she's covering up for his absence. though she does a GREAT job at it! damn she humps those justin screens like there is no tomorrow!!!

A

PRAYER. even better tonight. again, could just be because the first time i was so shocked and amazed at how fucking beautiful and perfect it sounded. this is the version of like a prayer that i've been hoping for since i first started going to madonna concerts... the sacred (lyrics) and the profane (rhythm).. that huge driving dance beat and those moving lyrics and the sample of "feels like home" - it's so fucking emotional!!! it just killed me this time.. her singing was SOOOO huge and heartfelt...she matched the huge rhythm beat for beat. how is that possible??? it's just EPIC. that's the best way of describing it. one of the best perfs of the night and one of the best takes on a classic M song ever. I am HUMBLED by this version of LAP. it's gorgeous and spiritual (but not in an overly kaballahtastic way) and again, cant wait to rip it to MP3!

RAY OF LIGHT... jump your ass off time!!! again, awesome performance that i think i prefer in intensity to the CT version... musically they are very similar but she moves around more, seems to be having a better time..spends less time getting people to jump..maybe because people are REALLY JUMPING through it like crazy..even more than last night (again, crowd was great, especially the people i saw on the floor). she's become comfortable with this perf and so goes through it loosely (loveloveLoved it on CT but she was a bit stiff there..here she's playing around with the audience).

i asked for Open Your Heart during the show's request part, but before the show i told the mr. i was going to say I LOVE NEW YORK. i should have stuck w/ my original choice! she ended up doing ILNY and i was so happy! to be there in NY, having such a great time with my fella...i was in LOVE with new york and you could tell w/ madonna that the feeling was mutual. she was home and you could feel it sweating from every one of her pores. the crowd of course loved every minute of ILNY and sang loudly along - i was excited that i wasnt the only one that sang "and you can such george bush's dick!" and then it was an added bonus when she replied to us "Yeah! You can suck my dick!" haha classic and of course the SARAH PALIN CAN GET OFF MY STREET! OR IM GOING TO KICK HER FUCKIN ASS! of course afterwards she half-heartedly back pedaled and said "i love her soul" or something.. but you knew she wanted that bitch 86'ed and we loved her all the more for it!

During HUNG UP (which i love more and more every time i hear this new WHite Stripey version!!) before she did the breakdown where she runs her pick along the strings of her guitar, she said something like "this is the sound of sarah palin's husband running his snowplow" or something much funnier than i can remember and then you see her and the dancers lethargically dancing and moving along... it was a perfect example of the kind of progress a pinhead like Palin will bring to this world if (god forbid) she is elected. the crowd loved it --i guess i shouldn't be suprised that there were so many anti-Palin people! anyway, HUNG UP rocked, almost as much as BORDERLINE (maybe more? i don't know) and tonight i felt like the choppy quick cut guitars were even meatier. i loved the stop and start feel of it, especially in the 2nd verse.. it added great drama to it. i never envisioned this one as a rock song but somehow it works for me. not as much as borderline, but it is still awesome!!!

the visuals for GIVE IT TO ME are fanfuckingtastic! those laser lights, the 3d type imagery! ooooohhhh!! it's just a feast for the eyes... people really dug GIVE IT TO ME tonight and i saw pretty much everyone, even the old folk, singing along at LEAST to the "give it to me" lines. i was of course jumping my ass off, refusing to stop on the off chance that madonna (or monte, who i was making googly eyes back and forth with throughout the show) see me stop and think me a lesser fan (LOL, i know, the craziness of being in the moment..forgive me)... but even still, i was watching madonna in amazement as she's doing these incredible dance moves (pretty much every song, even many of the guitar songs like HUNG UP, had great dance moves) and doesn't appear remotely tired while i feel like i am going to collapse! tonight she just seemed to be bouncing along like "Ho hum, i'm just ruling the world.. don't mind me!" and partying her ass off like a 20 year old. she didn't miss a beat. there may have been a few flubbed lines through the show but it was only because things were moving so fast you (and she) didn't even have time to think let alone trouble yourself with silly details like lyrics.. you just giggled and moved on. that was the mood of the whole show. it was a huge, fun, aerobic "blink and you'll miss it" youthful street party and everyone was invited.. and if there was a spilled drink or broken vase, you just giggled and moved on.

I LOVED IT! sorry for the rant.. there's so much on my mind about it and i had to at least get SOME of it down on "paper". tonight was magical and i can only hope the other shows are equally magical!!!

well i guess that's the cynical take on it. i am judging tonight on its own merits. not comparing it to other tours in general when i say it's one of the best i've seen of her. just simply saying that it's one of the handful of times i've seen madonna and felt transcended.

i think if people see this for the first time on DVD, they will unfortunately completely miss the point of the show. yep, it would be easy to compare it to other tours, say it's worse than, this choice is bad, this one is awkward, song choice, costumes, yada yada yada.. go ahead, pick it to pieces. i don't think overall it's a better show than, say CT. but it could possibly be her MOST energetic and youthful show ever (at least since VT) and you have to be there to truly get wrapped up in the energy of the show... it hardly ever takes a breath.. it's a non-stop dance extravaganza.. with every song pulsating and moving your body to new places. it's hard to describe.

anyway, to those who plan to see it but haven't yet, i'd say DONT BOTHER WATCHING IT AND COMPARING IT. i kinda did that last night, mostly because i had no spoilers and i was so blown away. today i just let go and let the music take me and OMG it was one of the best nights ever. this show needs you to get taken away by its energy. you need to get transcended. it's not to be analyzed or placed on a mantle in rank between DWT or CT or whatever.. just ENJOY IT. it's pure in-person entertainment. and it's madonna loosened up. LOVE HER!!!

A

PRAYER. even better tonight. again, could just be because the first time i was so shocked and amazed at how fucking beautiful and perfect it sounded. this is the version of like a prayer that i've been hoping for since i first started going to madonna concerts... the sacred (lyrics) and the profane (rhythm).. that huge driving dance beat and those moving lyrics and the sample of "feels like home" - it's so fucking emotional!!! it just killed me this time.. her singing was SOOOO huge and heartfelt...she matched the huge rhythm beat for beat. how is that possible??? it's just EPIC. that's the best way of describing it. one of the best perfs of the night and one of the best takes on a classic M song ever. I am HUMBLED by this version of LAP. it's gorgeous and spiritual (but not in an overly kaballahtastic way) and again, cant wait to rip it to MP3!

During this performance, I thought to myself, this is Madonna soaring to her most majestic height. As you said TRULY, TRULY EPIC!

Guest aussiemadge2008

Great reviews... Zombie yours makes me excited to see it las vegas in Nov... I can't wait... Great to see the USA has brought madonna alive and firing on all cylinders.

I'm travelling from australia next week and going around until madonna in November... I can hardly wait...

Bring it on!

Guest mikiodo

I actually happened to capture a little video of the Palin/Get off my street bit.

Madonna NYC "Sarah Palin, get off my street"

Great reviews... Zombie yours makes me excited to see it las vegas in Nov... I can't wait... Great to see the USA has brought madonna alive and firing on all cylinders.

Bring it on!

hey aussie - thank you! and what day are you going to in Las Vegas? I'll be there too if all goes well! xo

I actually happened to capture a little video of the Palin/Get off my street bit.

Madonna NYC "Sarah Palin, get off my street"

Its amazing that in a matter of weeks every single person in the US has a strong opinion about this woman :)

Or maybe they actually do think it's the best show ever! I decided as soon as my first show had ended that it was the best show she'd ever staged and over a month later, I haven't changed my mind :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker
Or maybe they actually do think it's the best show ever! I decided as soon as my first show had ended that it was the best show she'd ever staged and over a month later, I haven't changed my mind :thumbsup:

yes, carta!! and when i said it i MEANT it., at one point i ripped off my glasses and she was LOOKING right into my eyes and singing - IT WAS A DROWNED WORLD MOMENT!!! she was beckoning me closer and the security dude was beefing himself up but she was still holding my eye contact. the attention she was paying was UNBELIEVABLE. its those moments that make it for me. like in jersey when she was asking us (sans mic) if she should have another shot from her flask!!! i mean, its those moments that are the coolest. when she connects with you personally. and the audience was so on and so was she!!!! monday night certainly wasnt a better experience than jersey but her energy was on mondady and so was the audience and MOST CERTAINLY last night was.

-------------

lori, are you kidding> we didnt meet again!!!! im so sad!!! pm me!!!!

And?

I'm sorry you couldn't attend the show.

:chuckle:

---

Awesome reviews guys!

The show was fantastic !! Even up in nosebleed sec 405, had a blast ! We are still sore from dancing all night.

WHO THE HECK WAS THAT STRANGE OPENING ACT ??????????

Guest Little Red
very virgin tourish.....

27e38xn1.jpg

siny2028129dr5.jpg

Someone in front row please hand her a TAMBOURINE in the request section at one of the next shows. Thx!