The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Well it should, :thumbsup: where did u get if from? x

from hmv.co.uk arrived this morning, it was too big to fit through the letter box so the postman left in the recycling bin! anyways...it's alot nicer than i thought it was going to be. glad i purchased it now!

does anyone think that the 'get smart' trailer will help to keep 4 mins in the top ten a bit longer?

''Clearly not another Umbrella, Rihanna’s second number one, Take A Bow, suffers a 13.3% dip in sales to 35,561 on its second week at the summit.

That’s one of the lower number one sales tallies of the year – it has been lower only three times in the year’s previous 21 weeks – but with a strong top five all selling more than 20,000, a top 15 in which everything sold more than 10,000 and 141 singles selling more than 1,000 copies, overall sales in the sector grew 7.8% to 1,987,046 – their highest level for 10 weeks, and their third highest of the year. ''

So 4 mins sold over 20k! x

Guest Hafo

Fab! It's sold over 310K now :)

Hope she stays Top 5. That "Singing In The Rain" song has rocketed to the top of iTunes and might kick Rihanna off the top stop this Sunday.

Singing In The Rain will almost certainly be number 1, its lead on I-tunes is huge and it has 4 versions all high in the top 100, But doubt 4 mins will still be top 5, down to 10 on i-tunes, I think it will fall to 7 or 8 on chart by sunday x

Guest Hafo

I am always UP for unexpected surprises at the top of the chart :D Mint Royale have had a couple of good singles before.

Wonder if Ne-Yo's Closer will do well? It has been tipped as a future #1 and it's certainly catchier than his ballads.

Guest Hafo

Midweeks - Jun 3

Singles

01 Mint Royale

02 Rihanna

03 Ting Tings

04 Duffy

05 Madonna

Top 10

Ne'Yo

Gabriella Cilmi

Chris Brown - Forever

Top 15

Sara Bareilles

Morrissey

Top 20

Taio Cruz

Top 30

Duffy - Mercy

Snap

Fall Out Boy

Ting Tings - Shut up...

Lil Wayne

Top 40

Elbow

Vampire Weekend

Fergie

Albums

01 Paul Weller

02 Neil Diamond

03 Duffy

04 Usher

05 Neil Diamoind - The Best of

Top 10

Zutons

Radiohead

Alphabeat

Top 15

Alanis Morrissette

Nei Diamond - The Essential

Rihanna

Top 20

Disturbed

Russell Watson

Opeth

Top 30

Guns N Roses

Top 40

Taio Cruz

Ladytron

Paul Simon

Hard Candy is at #24 :scared:

WTF is happening in UK?

I don't understand because 4 Minutes is a huge hit....

Madonna is charting better in USA than in UK :blink:

Guest Devil

Well sales have been shit in the UK album chart lately, so I'm guessing with the big influx of new releases, HC is suffering this week. Give It 2 Me should help when radio and TV take to it.

WTF is happening in UK?

Zero promotion, no TV advertising and the album is still selling at top whack. If G12M doesn't take off NOW, and if Warners don't pull their finger out then the album will have sunk beyond resurfucing - I suspected they'd do this to rush out a GH in November.

4 mins is down to 11 on i-tunes chart, The Confessions tour is number 1 on music video chart, only £1.89 for 2 hours!

Think 4 mins might fall another place or 2 by sunday and hope the tour will be able to rescue HC even a little bit, Give it 2 me is not on the i-tunes pop 100 yet, Hung up is 62 on that chart x

WTF is happening in UK?

I don't understand because 4 Minutes is a huge hit....

Madonna is charting better in USA than in UK :blink:

MA FLOPAH :chuckle:

She will be in the BARGIN BINS at the end of the month if she really is at #24.

What's happened to her career in the UK? She can't sell out a Stadium and HC is TANKING.

Are people in the UK fed up with Madonna being OVER EXPOSED?

Oh no, HC is sinking like a stone.

I hope it can be resuscitated as at this rate it will be outsold by AL.

Amazed at the resilience of 4M. It is a real stayer.

I think that's IT - she's touring too often for it to be an event anymore.

She is in the tabloids here everyday. Her supposed tantrums at the Radio 1 gig, her comments about congestion charging. The fact she has brought the house next door to her and turned it into a gym, Guy complaining about house prices!!! As if the Ritchies can relate to what normal people have to pay to buy a property in London! Add to that the constant divorce rumours the adoption and the fact that she came across very badly in the recent Jo Whiley interview. Yes the British public are a bit tired of Madonna. And lets face it when the public are tired of a 50 year old pop star trying to be ACHINGLY COOL I guess the last thing they want hear is her singing " come on into my store cos my suger is raw sticky and sweet".

She is in the tabloids here everyday. Her supposed tantrums at the Radio 1 gig, her comments about congestion charging. The fact she has brought the house next door to her and turned it into a gym, Guy complaining about house prices!!! As if the Ritchies can relate to what normal people have to pay to buy a property in London! Add to that the constant divorce rumours the adoption and the fact that she came across very badly in the recent Jo Whiley interview. Yes the British public are a bit tired of Madonna. And lets face it when the public are tired of a 50 year old pop star trying to be ACHINGLY COOL I guess the last thing they want hear is her singing " come on into my store cos my suger is raw sticky and sweet".

I don't think the tabloid exposure is a problem to be honest, she's a real star amidst all this reality/talent show fodder and I think the British public like the fact she's chosen to live here. It's more about the constant touring, charging high prices etc that are making it less of an event. The album is tanking because of the lack of promo and advertising - I stated those stupid, one off promo gigs, were past their sell buy date when they were first rumoured - only to CRIES that 'if it's not broken, don't fix fix it' well, I was RIGHT.

Guest Danny86
Or maybe people just don't like the music...

In that case, "4 Minutes" should have been a flop like the "American Life" single. :rolleyes:

In that case, "4 Minutes" should have been a flop like the "American Life" single. :rolleyes:

But they don't like the single enough to buy a full album that sounds like that so they buy a download :D

Even when we know the full album doesn't sound like 4 Minutes but you know...

Madonna fans, Timberlake fans and Timbaland fans are buying 4 mins thats why its a hit.

Lets wait and see if GI2M has anywhere near the same level of success as 4mins and can help

shift HC back into the top 10.

Current top 20 albums of the 2008 with sales figures:

1 Rockferry - Duffy 702,185

2 All the Right Reasons - Nickelback 385,000

3 Scouting for Girls - Scouting for Girls 356,000

4 Spirit - Leona Lewis 351,000

5 Back to Black (Deluxe Edition) - Amy Winehouse 345,000

6 19 - Adele 331,000

7 Life in Cartoon Motion - Mika 288,000

8 This is the Life - Amy MacDonald 283,000

9 Raising Sand - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss 242,000

10 Call me Irresponsible (Special Edition) - Michael Bublé 237,000

11 Beautiful World - Take That 224,000

12 Good Girl Gone Bad - Rihanna 210,000

13 Thriller 25 - Michael Jackson 206,000

14 Version - Mark Ronson 204,000

15 Sleeping through the Static - Jack Johnson 196,000

16 Hand Built by Robots - Newton Faulkner 195,000

17 Deaming Out Loud - One Republic 182,000

18 The Trick to Life - Hoosiers 181,500

19 Hard Candy - Madonna 177,000 (around 10k last week - you were right Hafo!)

20 In Rainbows - Radiohead 164,000