The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

^ and an album like HC relies from promotion a lot. It is pure commercial r'n'b/pop. It is an acceptable album, but not great. It is not going to sell by itself, that's for sure. Some albums dont need much promotion because of word of mouth, but this is not the case of HC. She needs to move her arse, but I think she just doesn't care. She wants money and can get that from tours now. Maybe this is a blow to Warner?

for starters, its your opinion that the album is just acceptable and not great! i guess rhianna's album didnt have alot of word of mouth too considering its sold just over a million copies in the past year yet it has produced several top ten hits(5 or 6) including a couple of #1's as far as M needing to move her ass, she's doing just fine. she's a busy woman and cant spend all of her time just promoting the album. just because she doesnt do what you want her to do doesnt mean she doesnt care about the album. you do realise there are more important things in the world to be concerned with than wheither or not M sells a gazillion albums. you know, trivial things like children who are homeless,starving,dying, abused etc.

how much did HC already sell????

and Kalomira´s song is great!!!

466K in the US

1,384,000 worldwide (not including this weeks sales)

Guest Hafo

Ha! I was right! 4M is up in the midweeks!

Singles

1 Rihanna

2 Ting Tings

3 Duffy

4 Madonna

5 Will.I.Am

However, HC remains at #13. Meh again I say.

Ha! I was right! 4M is up in the midweeks!

Singles

1 Rihanna

2 Ting Tings

3 Duffy

4 Madonna

5 Will.I.Am

However, HC remains at #13. Meh again I say.

That seems a typical case of a single suffocating the album. This kind of thing was the main reason singles ceased to exist in Brazil in the late eighties.

for starters, its your opinion that the album is just acceptable and not great! i guess rhianna's album didnt have alot of word of mouth too considering its sold just over a million copies in the past year yet it has produced several top ten hits(5 or 6) including a couple of #1's as far as M needing to move her ass, she's doing just fine. she's a busy woman and cant spend all of her time just promoting the album. just because she doesnt do what you want her to do doesnt mean she doesnt care about the album. you do realise there are more important things in the world to be concerned with than wheither or not M sells a gazillion albums. you know, trivial things like children who are homeless,starving,dying, abused etc.

Of course it is my opinion, this is a forum after all, lol.

M can decide not to promote, thats ok. I dont want her to do anything. In a forum people give opinions, thats all.

Busy woman? Well, most people work till they are 65 (40hr a day for far less money) and true, there are more important things in life than record sales and charts, but then, we shouldnt spend our time typing on here while there are a lot of problems in life (according to that theory), problems which existed when she did promote more than now. Basically her priorities have changed, she doesnt care about records that much anymore cause the money is on tours, and thats what she wants...money,

That seems a typical case of a single suffocating the album. This kind of thing was the main reason singles ceased to exist in Brazil in the late eighties.

I think it's more a case of the single appealing to people who wouldn't normally buy Madonna and not those who do. In some ways it's good if they pick up on the later releases as she'll have widened her fanbase who should be more receptive to future outputs.

M can decide not to promote, thats ok. I dont want her to do anything. In a forum people give opinions, thats all.

Busy woman? Well, most people work till they are 65 (40hr a day for far less money) and true, there are more important things in life than record sales and charts, but then, we shouldnt spend our time typing on here while there are a lot of problems in life (according to that theory), problems which existed when she did promote more than now. Basically her priorities have changed, she doesnt care about records that much anymore cause the money is on tours, and thats what she wants...money,

I´m sure she still cares about charts: don´t you remember she started crying when they told her she was number 1 in the US with COADF? I think she´s working on the tour, taking care of her children (and thinking about the knew one too), but, she´s taking everything easier than years ago, she´s lazier (but that´s because she was really hard working during the 80´s 90´s).By the way, her father is suffering from cancer, so maybe she´s visiting him too...anyway, my father was/is very busy, and still has time for us and for his friends, so...who knows! I want a new video, some tv interviews! and a mini promo tour like she did in 1995, 1998... is not asking too much!

I´m sure she still cares about charts: don´t you remember she started crying when they told her she was number 1 in the US with COADF? I think she´s working on the tour, taking care of her children (and thinking about the knew one too), but, she´s taking everything easier than years ago, she´s lazier (but that´s because she was really hard working during the 80´s 90´s).By the way, her father is suffering from cancer, so maybe she´s visiting him too...anyway, my father was/is very busy, and still has time for us and for his friends, so...who knows! I want a new video, some tv interviews! and a mini promo tour like she did in 1995, 1998... is not asking too much!

I wonder if HC will pass the 200,000 sales mark by the end of the year. :chuckle:

Well at the rate HC is selling X could end up outselling it in the UK.

Now that really would be a TRAGEDY

That will probably happen. But circumstances are different.

Top 40 Albums of 2008

1 Rockferry - Duffy 656,628

2 All the Right Reasons - Nickelback 379,000

3 Spirit - Leona Lewis 344,000

4 Scouting for Girls - Scouting for Girls 344,000

5 Back to Black (Deluxe Edition) - Amy Winehouse 336,000

6 19 - Adele 327,000

7 Life in Cartoon Motion - Mika 284,000

8 This is the Life - Amy MacDonald 278,000

9 Raising Sand - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss 237,000

10 Call me Irresponsible (Special Edition) - Michael Bublé 234,000

11 Beautiful World - Take That 221,000

12 Good Girl Gone Bad - Rihanna 207,000

13 Version - Mark Ronson 202,600

14 Thriller 25 - Michael Jackson 202,400

15 Sleeping through the Static - Jack Johnson 194,000

16 Hand Built by Robots - Newton Faulkner 192,500

17 The Trick to Life - Hoosiers 178,000

18 Deaming Out Loud - One Republic 175,000

19 Hard Candy - Madonna 167,000

20 In Rainbows - Radiohead 162,000

21 Back to Black - Amy Winehouse 150,000

22 All the Lost Souls - James Blunt 147,000

23 Vivere - The Best of - Andrea Bocelli 140,000

24 Konk - The Kooks 139,000

25 Seventh Tree - Goldfrapp 136,000

26 Frank - Amy Winehouse 132,000

27 Perfect Day - Cascada 132,000

28 As I Am - Alecia Keys 128,600

29 X - Kylie Minogue 128,300

30 A Guide to Love Loss & Desparation - The Wombats 127,000

31 We'll Live & Die in these Towns - The Enemy 126,500

32 Made of Bricks - Kate Nash 125,000

33 Robyn - Robyn 125,000

34 Shock Value - Timbaland 124,000

35 Join with Us - The Feeling 123,500

36 Tangled Up - Girls Aloud 122,500

37 His Wonderous Story - The Complete - Billy Fury 118,000

38 Accelerate - R.E.M 117,500

39 Blackout - Britney Spears 110,000

40 Set the Mood - David Jordan 104,000

She'll be doing the Paul O'Grady Show if her UK ticket sales don't pick up :chuckle:

I am shocked that no new UK dates have been announced yet.

Are we finally bored of seeing her baggy fanny thrust in our faces? :lmao:

Friday Update Top 40 Only

01 Rihanna

02 Ting Tings

03 Duffy

04 Will.I.Am

05 Madonna

Top 10

Ne-Yo

September

Wiley

Top 15

Coldplay - VH

Sara Bareilles

Alphabeat - 10,000 Nights

Top 20

Paul Weller

Gabriella Cilmi

Taio Cruz

Duffy - Mercy

Top 30

Fratellis

Chris Brown

Zutons

Fall Out Boy

Ting Tings - Shut Up & Let Me Go

Top 40

Go:Audio

Snap!

OneRepublic - Stop & Stare

Ting Tings - Great DJ

===========================

Albums

01 Usher

02 Duffy

03 Neil Diamond

04 Pigeon Detectives

05 Ting Tings

Top 10

Cistercian Monks

Beth Rowley

Top 15

Spiritualized

The Futureheads

Top 20

Platters

Amy Winehouse - BTB (Deluxe)

Kids In Glass Houses

Top 30

Russel Watson

Sandi Thom

OneRepublic

Neil Diamond - The Essential

Top 40

Pendulum - Hold Your Colour

Taio Cruz

Please Note: NO SALES INFORMATION

28 As I Am - Alecia Keys 128,600

39 Blackout - Britney Spears 110,000

Does anybody have full numbers for these 2 albums? 2007 + 2008, please.

aeroco, you fail big time.

4 mins fallen to 7 on Uk i-tunes, and HC is fallin quite hard on i-tunes and other outlets, Already down to 52 on HMV bestselling albums x

Sales for friday update:

Friday Update Top 40 Only

01 Rihanna 25.5k

02 Ting Tings 21.7k

03 Duffy 15.7k

04 Will.I.Am 14.7k (150 copies ahead)

05 Madonna 14.5k

Don't think she overtake Will cos 4 mins fallen on i-tunes since then x

I think GITM is great and may be seen by many album buyers as the lead single of HC because it does not feature other artists.

Hope this means HC sales will maintain over the summer, even better than COADF and certainly AL.