Hard Candy/4 Minutes at AMAZON

Brisy_Boy

Despite being released only at 29 April Madonna album is available as a pre-order and "Hard Candy" is already #20 in Amazon.com (chart updated hourly)

This is really AMAZING!

Mariah new album that is out at 15th of April is only at #113!

it was number 18 earlier today

Strange the decline... do you know how is this chart elaborated?

There so we can change your sentence to: Mariah has yet to crack the TOP 50 ... and that's already correct :angel:

But these are the hourly pre-orders or it's updated hourly for sales during the past week or something?

There so we can change your sentence to: Mariah has yet to crack the TOP 50 ... and that's already correct :angel:

But these are the hourly pre-orders or it's updated hourly for sales during the past week or something?

It's hourly. If Hard Candy had no pre-orders for that hour it would start to fall behind CDs that sold that hour. As it gets closer to release date it will climb higher.

hmmm... with online music buyers increasing, I wonder how significant the sales is of AMAZON nowadays...

pre-orders and the first week of sales will be counted on the first week... so it's still 6 full weeks of pre-orders and 1 full week of sales to go

While I think this is great, remember that Confessions did very well at Amazon a month before its release as well - and it broke with about 350,000 copies in the U.S. - not bad at all but certainly not more than Ray of Light or Music did. I'd take it with a grain of salt, however I think it is great that Perez is promoting its position there - it can only help.

PerezHilton:

Madonna's new album, Hard Candy, is #18 on the Amazon best sellers list for CDs, and it isn't even out til April 29th.

On the other hand, Mariah's new release, E=MC2 (out April 15th) is not even in Amazon's top 100.

You better step your game up, Mimi!

Update: Mariah's peeps tell us that her album hasn't gone on sale online yet.

Isn't that odd, though???? It comes out before Madonna's, and hers is already available for pre-order!

Update #2: We went back to Amazon…looks like you CAN pre-order Mimi's E=MC2 on the site. Interesting….

DO IT!

LET'S GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO REAAAAAAAAAAAALLY TALK ABOUT.

MADONNA WILL HAVE A #1 ALBUM ON AMAZON A MONTH BEFORE IT COMES OUT!!!!

DO IT

DO IT

DO IT!!