Madame X album general discussion

I kid you not, I listen to this album multiple times a day, literally almost every single day since it came out!

I’m surprised how well my boyfriend puts up with it.

I’m teaching myself Portuguese, I’m going to Lisbon this summer, Madame X is my go to topic of conversation!

I’m so addicted. Madonna literally broke me with this album.  I need help haha

Edited by Master Dita

Sometimes her albums take to time to grow on me.  American Life I thought was okay at the time but have a lot more appreciation for it now.

I think the same with Madame X.  I like it overall but time I think will be kind too it.  

14 minutes ago, Andyrs said:

Is anyone else already feeling nostalgic about the time when the album came out? :blink: 

Definitely. I was like the good old days when we knew nothing and each release and video was a treat. I wouldn’t mind a similar rollout next time around. 

I reckon I still listen to the album almost daily. Her albums haven’t had this much replay value for me since ROL/Music. 

I’m still hearing new elements each time and still haven’t mastered the various languages. But I will!

1 hour ago, Andyrs said:

Is anyone else already feeling nostalgic about the time when the album came out? :blink: 

I am and I was so happy when the promo began. It all fell apart (for me) after Eurovision, but I am still glad she gave me my favorite album of the last decade. 

6 hours ago, Andyrs said:

I am! I almost had a heart attack the day the X showed up on Instagram.  The excitement was unreal!!

On 2/25/2020 at 10:34 AM, Andyrs said:

I'm more nostalgic about the one show I attended.

Still wish I had the opportunity to go one more time!

still wish she did not cancel the 26/02 show !! and  have my money back  !!! hope for a dvd/blue ray release verry soon !

Edited by skyfitswim

3 minutes ago, skyfitswim said:

still wish she did not cancel the 26/02 show !! and  have my money back  !!! hope for a dvd/blue ray release verry soon !

You mean the show that is literally wrapping up right now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am still in love with this album and listen to it regularly.

A year already? That mysterious X was such a great strategy to kick things off.

It's still a brilliant album including such an array of beautiful and eclectic vocals and sounds. So much variety yet cohesive.

Definitely her best album since Confessions on a Dancefloor in my opinion and one that I usually listen to from beginning through to the end.

Well a year later, after letting it grow on me, I'm thinking: once again, she's done it! Madame X indeed has a marvellous and unique soundscape which differs from all her other work, just when I thought she'd done it all, she surprises me again. I love it!

I agree her best album since Confessions for me too.  If this was a follow up in a way to American Life am hoping she does a follow up to Confessions next lol but who knows what she will do

While i love all of her albums (even the more "mainstream" ones), i really hope she'll continue to experiment with the music, the sounds, the visuals.

MADAME X is.....ESSENTIAL.

I'm repeating myself, but the fact M released such a masterpiece 40 years in her career, just proves how much she still has to offer.

Only THE QUEEN.

I keep repeating myself as well but this album is amazing and it is already an essential Madonna album. Since the very beginning I have the feeling that the album is too short😜 that only shows how incredible this album is. 

She took risks, it wasn't a safe bet and whether you love the album or hate it - she stayed true to her vision and gave us one of the most interesting pieces of her career.

Its my #4 Madonna album, and rightly so. As a whole, it's a stunning piece of art.

22 hours ago, stevo208 said:

She took risks, it wasn't a safe bet and whether you love the album or hate it - she stayed true to her vision and gave us one of the most interesting pieces of her career.

Its my #4 Madonna album, and rightly so. As a whole, it's a stunning piece of art.

I agree 100%.  

1. Ray of Light

2. Like a Prayer

3. Confessions on a Dancefloor

4. Madame X