When It Was All Just Perfect.

Guest Pud Whacker

"Spotlight" is fantastic and would absolutely have been a sizeable hit if they'd released it as a single worldwide. Easily Top 10 (possibly #1 in the UK). Does anyone know why it wasn't released? It was issued as an airplay-only single in Australia (at a time when only official singles were played on Australian radio - it was an extraordinarily unusual occurrence) and got a heap of airplay, so it would have been a hit here (oh how times have changed!).

That demo snippet was fascinating! Bruce Baron heard the full demo when he was researching his Goldmine article in the 90s - I wonder if Curtis Hudson or Lisa Stevens has put the full demo online somewhere? That snippet only seems to have surfaced this week...well spotted, Scrapple, and thanks for posting!! :thumbsup:

You're welcome! :)

Causing a Commotion is sooooo powerful. And yes Bray was a genius. I wonder what would happen if he remixed a nowadays track with the 80s flavour. Now that Madonna feels a bit nostalgic she could try just for the fun. And they could be friends again!

Causing a Commotion is sooooo powerful. And yes Bray was a genius. I wonder what would happen if he remixed a nowadays track with the 80s flavour. Now that Madonna feels a bit nostalgic she could try just for the fun. And they could be friends again!

On those days when I just don't feel like working out, I play Spotlight - and I'm off and running. Works every time.

the "look of love" is another overlooked gem from that era. the way she sang that ballad on the WTG tour was fucking amazing. I miss her early, over the top, vocals from the the virgin tour and the wtg tour. they were sooooo heartfelt and filled with life and emotion.

the way she belts out GAMBLER ON THE VT is pretty memorable.

fuck I miss the eighties......

Guest Pud Whacker

Still stuck in the past i see. 00's Madonna >>>>>>>>

Oh, I can go back to the turn of last last century for you. My favorite recordings are from the teens and 20s.

Spotlight + Can't Stop + CAC = Pop Perfection... best bridges ever!!

Guest eroticerotic

this really was a perfect time :).

i remember in my neighborhood which was a pretty dangerous ghetto at the time, you'd hear MADONNA playing. She seemed to have some sort of "street" cred then. Pre 1990. Latinos really loved her from my observation, I mean and in a lot of ways her mannerisms and idiosyncrasies are pure latina. She was really loved by all (despite what the papers wanted to portray). She seemed like that "older sister."

And You Can Dance was a pretty popular EP from what I Recall.

That would be awesome but someone would tell her its not commercially realistic to have Mr Bray remix these days ....its pretty clear from interviews this era that Madonna is not as in charge as her output as we would like to think she is.

You can dance was many years of my life, Spotlight is cheesy but just makes me smile so big its worth it!

this really was a perfect time :).

i remember in my neighborhood which was a pretty dangerous ghetto at the time, you'd hear MADONNA playing. She seemed to have some sort of "street" cred then. Pre 1990. Latinos really loved her from my observation, I mean and in a lot of ways her mannerisms and idiosyncrasies are pure latina. She was really loved by all (despite what the papers wanted to portray). She seemed like that "older sister."

And You Can Dance was a pretty popular EP from what I Recall.

EP?? Pretty sure it's an LP