PARIS - 9 December thread #1

Confessions92

The terrorists targeted a small venue (Bataclan) because it was easy to enter, they killed one security guard, pushed the door and were inside. There are only two exits, so the crowd was a bit trapped inside.

Now, the Bercy Arena is big, the security team is huge, there are security checks at the entrances, CCTV and dozens of exits. And last but not least, the Bercy Arena faces the french Ministry for Economy and Finances (I mean, you cross the road and you're at the Ministry), so, let's say the neighborhood is full security with lots of police forces and nobody would attack such security area (unless you are really dumb and want to be arrested within 2 minutes :lmao:).

I see no reason to cancel the show or to be afraid, we'll have a great time with the Queen and it will be a very emotional moment, no doubt about it!

can't wait to attend both Paris shows. Tissues will be mandatory.

yes I ll be there both nights too

To celebrate life and be part of the revolution of love . I with her

Guest bluejean

Why would she cancel? The point of these attacks is to create fear and hysteria and it would be much more effective and far more likely that if they strike again it will be in a different city, maybe even a different continent. If she's going to worry about her safety she can be worried about it wherever she is. But she's not worried.

The Foo Fighters really took the wrong decision imo

It's ok to cancel the shows this week, by respect to the victims, but after that, this is kinda stupid.

The tour was due to end on Thursday, so "this week" was all they had left.

They were scheduled to play in Paris tonight (Monday).

So apparently France's president wants to extend the state of emergency for another 3 months. That could really put these two shows in jeopardy.

So apparently France's president wants to extend the state of emergency for another 3 months. That could really put these two shows in jeopardy.

Stiff Little Fingers I heard is still planning to go ahead with a concert tomorrow night so I really hope that holds up and she gets a chance to play. Surely they are not going to cancel the climate summit too ?? The state of emergency would probably just close show venues, bars and meeting places of any nature where there is high risk of an attack. ???

The arena is returning to activities starting today. They basically said it's up to the artists to decide wether to come or cancel/reschedule but they are ready to host them with security worth of the circumstances.

Im considering booking a flight and going, fuck it. Ive looked it all up. If the government is doing that I cant afford to lose the money. Ive only got 1 holiday fund, Dont want to waste it.

Wheres the rol call, whos going? I think Chelle and a friend we know is going.

I dont give a toss about terrorists.Were all gonna die one way or another.

Flights are only £101 rtn.

Hey guys! First post here but I ve been following since the rehearsals of the tour. I'm going to both shows in Paris. I 've been a Madonna fan for 25 years now and it is my first time seeing her live. So I 'm definitely going. Not afraid, life and show must go on.

For your information, many artists are returning to the stage tonight in France, and particularly at Bercy Arena. I see no reason why she would cancel the shows (except of course if there were to be other attacks in the next three weeks). Security in Paris is ultra high right now.

Ive worked out everything. Ticket, hotel and flights even spending money (im not rolling in cash) I can do it!

There are a couple of things I need to sort out. (I cant sort out my mum dying in hospital) but its doable. Id love it!

omg....what a nightmare tonight....

a dreamt of Paris...i was queuing for my only Madonna concert, dec. 10th and when the security guard asked me the ticket to get in i realized i forgot in Rome.... :nervous:

Oh my gosh that horrible. Thankfully it's just a nightmare.