New album thread: do NOT distribute or leak songs. We are AGAINST LEAKS.

Not sure why you guys think RH would make a good single, especially a lead single. The hook, vocals, and production are nice, but the subject matter just isn't something the general public will connect with. Just because it's good and it's creating some buzz online doesn't mean it should be a single. Not comparing it to Gaga's stuff, but that's the mistake she keeps making - choosing singles because of an initial positive response.

That must be due to the mixing, which was done by Demo Castellon. He mixed the Timbaland/Timberlake tracks on HC, "Celebration", "Revolver" and all of MDNA + the audio of the MDNA Tour CD/DVD/bluray.

I really hope she's found another, better mixer!

As someone who's never really noticed the mixing issues on HC and MDNA like some of you have, I was listening to COADF recently and remembered that I've always found that whole album to sound "tinny" and thin. I always have to fudge with the bass/treble levels on my stereo when playing that album. Demo didn't mix that album, did he?

Absolutely! It bugs me quite a lot too, especially on songs which otherwise could sound amazing, e.g. Love Spent. Her vocals are so tiny in this one, sounds like she's been recording it through a pipe.
Yet another example for why MDNA could have been so much better.

But you know what, let's not talk about MDNA now...it's all about the new album now! :thumbsup:

This Demo guy better stay the heck away from the new album. I can't deal with madonna sounding like a mouse while the production roars, like in Girl Gone Wild........

To me the things you guys are referring to has more to do with the original production and M's voice, no? Her vocals on LS have effects on them that makes them sound robotic. And GGW is just extremely nasal AND sped up. Not sure the mix is the issue there.

Not sure why you guys think RH would make a good single, especially a lead single. The hook, vocals, and production are nice, but the subject matter just isn't something the general public will connect with. Just because it's good and it's creating some buzz online doesn't mean it should be a single. Not comparing it to Gaga's stuff, but that's the mistake she keeps making - choosing singles because of an initial positive response.

As someone who's never really noticed the mixing issues on HC and MDNA like some of you have, I was listening to COADF recently and remembered that I've always found that whole album to sound "tinny" and thin. I always have to fudge with the bass/treble levels on my stereo when playing that album. Demo didn't mix that album, did he?

To me the things you guys are referring to has more to do with the original production and M's voice, no? Her vocals on LS have effects on them that makes them sound robotic. And GGW is just extremely nasal AND sped up. Not sure the mix is the issue there.

Listen to Music, American Life, Confessions, Even Hard Candy for god's sake. There is DEFINITELY a difference between vocals on these compared to the ones on MDNA. I'm just saying that I hated how hidden and quiet M's voice was. Usually it's her voice, and then the production is there. It's like vocals 60% and production 40%. MDNA totaly felt like vocals 30% and production 70%, unless she was barely singing, which I HIGHLY doubt!

I'm sorry vocalism, but the song can easily be related and connected to the general public.

Firework was

Born This Way was

Raise Your Glass was

I'm not relating Rebel to those songs, but it does share a theme of empowerment. I'd say Rebel is more relatable than the others

I'm sorry vocalism, but the song can easily be related and connected to the general public.

Firework was

Born This Way was

Raise Your Glass was

I'm not relating Rebel to those songs, but it does share a theme of empowerment. I'd say Rebel is more relatable than the others

General empowerment, yes. Which is what all of those songs you mentioned are about. RH is much more specific to M's personal journey as a superstar starving for the spotlight. I'm sure many can find a way to relate, but overall I just don't see it being the kind of song that would connect with the GP, especially if we're talking M singles, which have an uphill battle these days to begin with. Most of those songs were released at the peak of those singer's careers. They could have released songs about their pooping habits and they would have done well. Kidding.

General empowerment, yes. Which is what all of those songs you mentioned are about. RH is much more specific to M's personal journey as a superstar starving for the spotlight. I'm sure many can find a way to relate, but overall I just don't see it being the kind of song that would connect with the GP, especially if we're talking M singles, which have an uphill battle these days to begin with. Most of those songs were released at the peak of those singer's careers. They could have released songs about their pooping habits and they would have done well. Kidding.

Oh how I wish I could flush you right now, just like the massive turd I just dropped.

I'm sure you don't do it on purpose Vocalism, but just about everything you post is always so... incredibly... WRONG.

You think RH is a potential smash hit? I could be wrong. Just my take. We'll probably never know because I doubt it will be a single.

I think RH is pretty easy to relate to. Especially the this is me...hell yeah parts. And the chorus.

IKR

I can find a way to relate to it....

People don't even remember GMAYL. If Madonna releases a good song people will like it, period. The same thing happened after American Life. Everyone was all like waaaaa Madge is a has been, then BAM, we got COADF.

:Disco_Ball:

Madonna just needs to release good music and a strong visual element/theme behind it. She doesn't need huge hits at all.

All she has to do is connect with the zeitgeist.

Beyonce really hasn't had a massive hit off her record chart wise but several of the tracks are well known (Flawless etc.)

People will seek Madonna out if she releases something awesome.

yeap, I agree. The music is more important and it has to be groundbreaking... I mean Frozen had trivial message, but the music and the production and the layers were otherworldly... Same goes for Hung Up by the way :)

You think RH is a potential smash hit? I could be wrong. Just my take. We'll probably never know because I doubt it will be a single.

I don't know or care about that, tho I will say it's garnered the kind of positive buzz that I haven't seen in a LONG time for Madonna outwith this fanbase, but to say the lyrics are unrelatable and just about Madonna's journey to superstardom is plain silly. Read them. They can be taken in any number of contexts and applicable to any number of personal journeys, thus making them pertinent to any number of varying people.

To declare that COAD is tinny with no bass is ridiculous, (buy a new stereo!) to claim not to hear the obvious mastering problems with several of Madonna's releases in recent years is mind-boggling.

So wrong.