I've heard it all before
And I can take care of myself
I don't wanna hear, I don't wanna know
Please don't say 'Forgive me'
I've seen it all before
And I can't take it anymore

You're not half the man you think you are
Save your words because you've gone too far
I've listened to your lies and all your stories (Listened to your stories)
You're not half the man you'd like to be

Please don't say you're sorry
I've heard it all before
Please don't say 'Forgive me'
I've seen it all before

Don't explain yourself 'cause talk is cheap
There's more important things than hearing you speak
You stayed because I made it so convenient (made it so convenient)
Don't explain yourself, you'll never see

Gomen nasais [Japanese. English translation: "I am sorry"]
Mujhe maaf kardo [Hindi. English translation: "Please forgive me"]
Przepraszam [Polish. English translation: "I'm sorry"]
Sli'kha [Hebrew. English translation: "Forgive me"]
Forgive me...

(Sorry, sorry, sorry)
I've heard it all before
I've heard it all before
I've heard it all before
[repeat]

I've heard it all before
Please don't say 'forgive me'
I've seen it all before

(Don't explain yourself cause talk is cheap)
I've heard it all before, And I can take care of myself
(There's more important things than hearing you speak)
Please don't say 'forgive me'

I've heard it all before
I've heard it all before
I've heard it all before
I've heard it all before
The second single released from the Confessions on A Dancefloor album finds Madonna in full disco queen mode. Set to a thumping beat, M tells us in no uncertain terms (and in quite a few different languages) that she is not at all interested in hearing apologies. This was one of the most anticipated songs before the album was released and seems to be a favorite among both fans and critics alike and with good reason as it is absolutely infectious and delivered with great attitude. My favorite parts are the spoken phrases in the multiple languages (I don't know if her pronunciation is correct but she sure sounds sexy and confident) and the breakdown in the middle with all the different vocals going on at once (organized chaos!). I have to say it wasn't one of my immediate favorites when I first heard the album-maybe there was too much hype- but I gradually grew to love it more and more and now I can't imagine the album without it.
Here's a link to the Wikipedia page for the song with chart statistics, and quotes from critics among other interesting tidbits:
What do you think of this song? Sorry you ever heard it or sorry when it ends?

Great single. Great song sadly overlooked by radio. the song was pop and disco but had the edge with the muti language parts...I love Madonna's voice in other languages ...I still cant find Veras or Lo Que Siente La Mujer....

Love it! Back then I wanted to fuck to this song all the time. I must have been 18-19. :horny:

And I love the double spanish take on the lyrics ("lo siento" & "perdóname" - the latter sounds sexy as fuck).

I think it was quite successful in Chile. I remember they played it a lot on the radio, and was the requested song on one of her Sticky & Sweet Santiago dates.

Edited by s7ven

An amazing song love it

Didn't Madonna say in an interview that it was a silly song? would love to hear it on the new song but if she doesn't like it then we wont hear it

She never said she didn't like it... She said the lyrics of the song were silly, eg meaning nothing deep or overly personal.. Whilst comparing to other songs that came from a more darker place and the 'silly' songs turned out to be the hits

Guest Rachelle of London

Loved this song! Glad it went to number one! It was played everywhere at one point they would play HU then Sorry and you'd turn over and HU was playing and then Sorry. It was mental

Loved this song! Glad it went to number one! It was played everywhere at one point they would play HU then Sorry and you'd turn over and HU was playing and then Sorry. It was mental

That's awesome! It only reached #58 in the US and was hardly played at all where I live. Must be so nice to live in a country where they still appreciate and play Madonna songs on the radio. I'm moving to the UK stat!

love it, it was everywhere in Milan when i used to live there. you entered in a shop and HU was playing, you entered in another shop and Sorry was playing - it was very well received in clubs too and obviously everyone was singing along. i think i haven't watched the video in 5 years, not a big fan of it ( she looks fantastic in it though)

That's awesome! It only reached #58 in the US and was hardly played at all where I live. Must be so nice to live in a country where they still appreciate and play Madonna songs on the radio. I'm moving to the UK stat!

Wait till the next album comes out before you test that theory... M was a persona non grata on British radio with MDNA

I loved this song from the very first listen. It's one of my favorite tracks from her :inlove: I hope she reinvents it at some point next tour!

And how hot did she look in the video? :dramatic:

insta.gif

I'm not sorry to say I love SORRY. Pet Shop Remix is LIFE, single cover is LIFE. I love her chants in different languages saying "sorry."

The first 20 seconds of this is LIFE. A few good steps she does too in this number. I just don't like all the jumping around on dancers' backs and mocking fighting lol cheesy.

The Sorry interlude is LIFE though! Doing squats in that lavender leotard

3872834453_9516d34a51.jpg

:inlove:

About the only thing I can say about the video is she looks FANTASTIC and I like it when she jumps up on the cage..

f0fbfa8a.jpg