New album thread: no recent updates. Madonna joins Disclosure at gig though

It's okay if she doesn't release anything until the autumn, at the end of the day I think we all want an album with quality music and not some rush-released half-assed sh*t. However, if she is indeed waiting till September/October, then I'd prefer her to stop the teasing, hashtagging possible song titles one day then being silent the next day and not giving any proper information, because it's getting annoying for at least help of the fan base and it will result in inevitably killing the overhype built by the posts. It was fun and all when she posted pictures with Avicii and Diplo, but it was weeks and months ago and I can see no progress. This reminds me so much of what she "who cannot be named here" did and she did not only kill the buzz, but failed to live up to the expectations. So M, if you are not finished, then get your fine ass back to the studio, lock the doors, leave your phone outside and work on the album. :)

I blame Billboard, M hasn't teased anything about an imminent release at all...

If the snippet belongs to Madonna, it was definitely her who gave permission to Billboard most likely to get feedbacks. So if it turns out to be her, you can blame her :D

If the snippet belongs to Madonna, it was definitely her who gave permission to Billboard most likely to get feedbacks. So if it turns out to be her, you can blame her :D

But Billboard said they had to insist like crazy so this artist would give them permission to play that snippet

Well in the past it was a bit easier to wait between two albums because she always gave us "off singles" like movie soundtracks songs or duets for other artists albums to make the wait more fun (Beautiful stranger, American pie, Time stood still, the duet with Ricky Martin, Die another day, Me against the music with Britney, etc...) so there was always a new M song on the radio & on tv even between two albums. I wish she'd still do soundtrack songs for movies.

Well in the past it was a bit easier to wait between two albums because she always gave us "off singles" like movie soundtracks songs or duets for other artists albums to make the wait more fun (Beautiful stranger, American pie, Time stood still, the duet with Ricky Martin, Die another day, Me against the music with Britney, etc...) so there was always a new M song on the radio & on tv even between two albums. I wish she'd still do soundtrack songs for movies.

Yeah I agree with you. Or we've had stuff leak like Candy Shop/The Beat Goes On demos. We had GMAYL leak and Masterpiece before MDNA came out, too. We haven't had a leak of an unreleased song for a while...I'd be happy with that for now. Someone leak Can't You a See My Mind, please.

With each passing day it gets more obvious that it will be months before we hear anything. I d be happy if the snippet is her, but if she releases in October I find it hard to imagine she ll get it out this early (even a snippet)...

By the way, do u remember the rumour (a year ago) that Madonna would ve released her single under different name and then slowly reveal its her? Maybe its the snippet?

Billboard also states that we'll find out who the artist behind the snippet is... so if it's Madonna, then we would probbaly know within a month and this friday it's already three weeks ago...

Snippet schmippet. Let's get some actual news going. it's fun to speculate, but we're saying the same stuff over and over here, and getting nowhere super fast. :biggrin:

I concur!

ok...i m almost 100% sure it is her....so fucking what...

it would be the best if she realise single now for summer and then on september before realising the album....i like it that way more...first sell songs...then sell albums

It's okay if she doesn't release anything until the autumn, at the end of the day I think we all want an album with quality music and not some rush-released half-assed sh*t. However, if she is indeed waiting till September/October, then I'd prefer her to stop the teasing, hashtagging possible song titles one day then being silent the next day and not giving any proper information, because it's getting annoying for at least help of the fan base and it will result in inevitably killing the overhype built by the posts. It was fun and all when she posted pictures with Avicii and Diplo, but it was weeks and months ago and I can see no progress. This reminds me so much of what she "who cannot be named here" did and she did not only kill the buzz, but failed to live up to the expectations. So M, if you are not finished, then get your fine ass back to the studio, lock the doors, leave your phone outside and work on the album. :)

I'm all for M shutting herself in the studio and not teasing us, but you guys are getting a little hysterical. Why can't she continue to tease titles and collaborators? If she's WORKING on the album, she's giving us little hints along the way. Why would any of you expect the album to come out so quickly? It's obviously not coming before fall. Maybe we'll get a single this summer, but that's about it. Even if they're planning a Beyonce-style release, they've got lots to do before that can happen.

I'm all for M shutting herself in the studio and not teasing us, but you guys are getting a little hysterical. Why can't she continue to tease titles and collaborators? If she's WORKING on the album, she's giving us little hints along the way. Why would any of you expect the album to come out so quickly? It's obviously not coming before fall. Maybe we'll get a single this summer, but that's about it. Even if they're planning a Beyonce-style release, they've got lots to do before that can happen.

My worry is that the album isn't really an album, but just a few songs for the art for freedom project. I thought the art for freedom stuff was over? :(

Well the snippet sounds like a summer smash. Whoever has it in its hands should release it in early june, this way the track has the month of June to spread everywhere in the world and to grow on people and during the summer it's the anthem. That's what i'll do if the song from the snippet was mine. It screams SUMMER.

I really do think that it is madges song. I just dont know why she'd preview it to us only to make us wait for eternity?

She already did this years ago when Timbaland played a snippet of 4 Minutes on his pocket show in December and we had to wait untill March to get the single.

I really do think that it is madges song. I just dont know why she'd preview it to us only to make us wait for eternity?

I'm sure it's a M song.

Now why she'd do this ? Simple, to test the reactions, just like she & Stuart Price did with Hung Up by playing an instrumental of the song in clubs to see the reactions.

I'm sure it's a M song.

Now why she'd do this ? Simple, to test the reactions, just like she & Stuart Price did with Hung Up by playing an instrumental of the song in clubs to see the reactions.

Is that true? Did they really do that?