Fever (Album Version) Appreciation

vocalism

A friend and I were recently talking about which live version of "Fever" is the best. It's funny to think that's she's performed it so many time and in different ways, almost like it was one of her biggest hits. I'm surprised she hasn't dusted it off for a tour yet - I'm sure it will happen eventually.

SNL (similar to album version but with live instruments)

Arsenio (big band version pretty faithful to original arrangement and my personal favorite)

Girlie Show (can't really remember what version this was since I'm not a big fan of it)

It's the video remix version and it's a brilliant performance. Simple but so engaging!

Yes, I agree it's amazing that she can take something done to death and put her own spin on it. I love this version but the video version if my favourite. However, the SNL performance is so good.

best ever. the maxi single / ep made me the murk fan that i still am today. they are the highest caliber of dj that exists. today's djs are kinda trashy with their laptops.

It's all about the remixes for me but it's a quality album cut as well. I remember when rumors were flying recently about M covering a Marvin Gaye track. I thought, How the hell is she gonna pull THAT off? But then I remembered Fever and that turned out good.

Love the video, too.

I have always loved Madonna's version of Fever. I could never understand the criticism it received when Erotica was first released. However, I am pretty sure now that it was mostly to do with the backlash over the Sex Book. The way Madonna sailed through that massive backlash of hate was inspiring. Today, people appreciate and love Erotica and it is wonderful to hear that so many fans do love Fever. I loved the video and think it should be mentioned more when discussing great videos. It is sort of similar to the video of Bedtime stories in that it has a look and feel of it's own and is very different. She also looks stunning in both videos.