Did anyone here become a fan because of TNBT?

horn

Just wondering if there were any brand new fans out there? If so, what was it about this movie that attracted you? How much of Madonna's work did you know about before this? Have you explored her previous movies yet, and if so, what are your favorites? Also, how old are you?

Just thought it'd be interesting to get a perspective from a new fan who is just discovering 30 years of her brilliance in razzie.

Guest SecretGarden

This movie changed my life, I started studying the Kabbalah because of it, you know, and Hinduism too. It made me very spiritual, like...wow. She should have won an Academy Award for it.

:1251:

[tomwiggz]

I became a fan as a kid around 2000ish. I started obsessing over her in 2000 during TNBT but I'd say the SW era I fell further into fandom. The SW is my first (and probably only) Madonna movie (It was amazing, I'm just not crazy about movies). I learned a lot more about her from this era but I didn't really make me a fan, since I already was one. It was my re-awakening.

I did take my friend who was a big Mimi fan (he had even attended the Glitter premier) to the Swept Away premier and afterwards he was like "Madonna put's on a way better acting and her lines are so much more complicated!" He then went on to talk about how there is very little sane movement on Mimi's part during her Glitter hahahaha. So maybe I was able to make him a fan through SW.

[/tomwiggz]

[Charles]

Didn't become a fan just because of TNBT, just fell in love again with her since Shanghai Surprise..and also with SS came WTG, BOE,TNBT and SW who entered my all time Madonna Top 10 right away!

[/Charles]

Just wondering if there were any brand new fans out there? If so, what was it about this movie that attracted you? How much of Madonna's work did you know about before this? Have you explored her previous movies yet, and if so, what are your favorites? Also, how old are you?

Just thought it'd be interesting to get a perspective from a new fan who is just discovering 30 years of her brilliance in razzie.

:lol: this seems vaguely familiar.........

Funny...you're all making fun of this topic...but this movie is what made me a fan of hers!

Not for the reasons you might imagine though.

I saw the movie on TV in 2004...and it was meh...didn't liked or disliked it...i was bored and saw it. But at the end of the movie, there was a song i recognized. My parents were with me, and i asked "is this song from Madonna?" and they told me yes...the song was American Pie of course.

I went to the internet to look for it on her official website (i thought it was good at the time, LOL what did i know)...and while i was there trying to find it...i found more than 20 songs from Madonna that i knew and loved! Loved all of them, but only 3 of them i knew it was hers! LOL They were La Isla Bonita, Don't Cry For Me and Like A Virgin.

I remember being blown away when i found out the same person who did Like A Virgin was the same who sings Frozen! ahahah

After this i decided to go to the Re-Invention Tour in Portugal. Believe it or not, it was the first time she was performing here, and loved it! (all this happened in like 4 months...huge coincidence that she came here right when i get interested in her)

So yeah...this movie made me a fan of Madonna :D

Funny...you're all making fun of this topic...but this movie is what made me a fan of hers!

Not for the reasons you might imagine though.

I saw the movie on TV in 2004...and it was meh...didn't liked or disliked it...i was bored and saw it. But at the end of the movie, there was a song i recognized. My parents were with me, and i asked "is this song from Madonna?" and they told me yes...the song was American Pie of course.

I went to the internet to look for it on her official website (i thought it was good at the time, LOL what did i know)...and while i was there trying to find it...i found more than 20 songs from Madonna that i knew and loved! Loved all of them, but only 3 of them i knew it was hers! LOL They were La Isla Bonita, Don't Cry For Me and Like A Virgin.

I remember being blown away when i found out the same person who did Like A Virgin was the same who sings Frozen! ahahah

After this i decided to go to the Re-Invention Tour in Portugal. Believe it or not, it was the first time she was performing here, and loved it! (all this happened in like 4 months...huge coincidence that she came here right when i get interested in her)

So yeah...this movie made me a fan of Madonna :D

Love this story!