MDNA ALBUM DISCUSSION (CONTINUED)

Ai Papi Si.

It's so hard to take a break from this record! Ahhh, 4 years since the last album, it feels so fucking great to finally hear NEW Madonna again.

Please God let her go back to just 2.5 years between albums!

It's set to sell 300k minimum this week. Can't be that bad :manson:

It's low because of the mammoth amount of pre orders she received that are not counted toward the iTunes ranking at this moment.

So when/where are the pre-orders counted...? Or not?

So when/where are the pre-orders counted...? Or not?

They're counted now, it's just not showing in the iTunes ranking probably because it was a different catalogue number in February when it was pre-ordered (my best guess).

Don't listen to Vocalism, he's constipated.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

Regarding the album's lyrics....we don't have FUZZY DREAMS, HESITATE and WAITING this time :D

:lol:

i had to carefully listen to it a few time just to make sure. i figured she would have to sneak them in SOMEWHERE. the closest was the 'crazy dream' lyric in 'turn up the radio'. maybe someone finally said something to her?

Guest groovyguy

Regarding the album's lyrics....we don't have FUZZY DREAMS, HESITATE and WAITING this time :D

Why would there be? She has woken up and she doesn't give a fuck! ;)

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6852&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

MDNA Greek Special Edition

Live From Greece - Madonna's new album has been released in a special format in Greece! MDNA comes out in its standard 12 track edition, single disc, with a 8 page mini book, all wrapped up in a nice carboard packaging, retailing at 9.90 €.

The cover carries a white frame with a "Greece - Special Edition" writing all-around, and the Greek flag on the side.

mdna_greece_500.jpg

mdna_greece_001.jpgmdna_greece_002.jpgmdna_greece_003.jpgmdna_greece_004.jpgmdna_greece_005.jpgmdna_greece_006.jpgmdna_greece_007.jpg

Guest groovyguy

So what was the 18th song on the album (the exclusive iTunes pre-order track)?

Love Spent (Acoustic Version)

The Justin Cognito mix is definitely an improvement over the original. And yeah, the album isn't very radio-friendly - at least not for an artist who isn't at her commercial peak and can set trends rather than needing to follow them. I still think "Superstar" and TUTR are the most commercial, but a case can be made for GGW and even GMAYL (quality aside).

Yeah this album doesn't seem very commercial interestingly. I do like it as I stated before so I'm kind of sad that not a lot of people will hear these tracks as some of the songs are really good. She'll debut at the top of the charts but the album won't have the momentum to stay up there.

I think that if they had radio remixes of Turn Up the Radio or GGW and released either of them as the first single maybe she'd have a greater chance to reach a wider audience.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6855&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

MDNA Walmart Edition

Live from the US - Have a look at the special "Deluxe Edited" version of Madonna's MDNA album exclusive to US retailer WalMart. As previously reported this release is a 2-CD "clean" album, missing both "Gang Bang" and "I Fucked Up", and includes the Laidback Luke Remix of "Give Me All Your Luvin'" dropped in to put the album total up to 16 tracks.

mdna_walmart_001.jpg

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6854&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

MDNA Turkish Edition

Live from Turkey - Madonna's new album has been released in three different versions in Turkey: the Standard and the Deluxe version that everybody knows and another one called "Special Edition for Turkey" which is basically the standard edition without a booklet.

This edition is sold at a cheaper price than the other one and is printed in Turkey.

mdna_turkey_001.jpg

Since Stevie Nicks just put out arguably the best solo album of her career last year (and landed in the Top 5) at age 62, I think we have decades of great Madonna music to come! :lmao: at the critics who think 53 is old.

Yeah this album doesn't seem very commercial interestingly. I do like it as I stated before so I'm kind of sad that not a lot of people will hear these tracks as some of the songs are really good. She'll debut at the top of the charts but the album won't have the momentum to stay up there.

I think that if they had radio remixes of Turn Up the Radio or GGW and released either of them as the first single maybe she'd have a greater chance to reach a wider audience.

and why...? 1poke.gif1fbb9b09f46d8efc9c568e8e5d6afb00.gifcatty.gifdazed053.gif

Who else purchased the pre-order from iTunes? I really don't like how GMAYL was not re-downloaded when I received the pre-order and how Some Girls starts as track #5.

Who else purchased the pre-order from iTunes? I really don't like how GMAYL was not re-downloaded when I received the pre-order and how Some Girls starts as track #5.

It happened to me too. I just reorganized it. I also put the single cover on GGW.

yeah, it was annoying, but i just went through and changed the track numbers and gave the GMAYL single the MDNA artwork, and now the album is whole on my ipod. the only problem is GMAYL has hundreds of more plays than the other songs since i've technically had it since february. :lol:

yeah, it was annoying, but i just went through and changed the track numbers and gave the GMAYL single the MDNA artwork, and now the album is whole on my ipod. the only problem is GMAYL has hundreds of more plays than the other songs since i've technically had it since february. :lol:

That's my only beef with it too! :lol:

That's my only beef with it too! :lol:

right? i certainly dont hate GMAYL the way many seem to, but if anyone were to glance at my ipod, they'd probably think i hate the rest of the album. :lol: i keep changing my mind over whether or not to reset its play count.

Good god, not only are there a cast of thousands on the writers, but the producers as well - looks like creaky Orbit needed some help.

Martin Solveig, Mirwais, Stuart Price, Pharrell, and Timbaland didn't need additional assistance.

Yep same, and the bad thing is I didn't notice until now

Can't have been missing GMAYL too badly, but it has the remix so...

I did think during the Facebook chat when he said Track 10 Love Spent, what the fuck, Love Spent is track 9 :lol:

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6852&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

MDNA Greek Special Edition

Live From Greece - Madonna's new album has been released in a special format in Greece! MDNA comes out in its standard 12 track edition, single disc, with a 8 page mini book, all wrapped up in a nice carboard packaging, retailing at 9.90 €.

The cover carries a white frame with a "Greece - Special Edition" writing all-around, and the Greek flag on the side.

mdna_greece_500.jpg

mdna_greece_001.jpgmdna_greece_002.jpgmdna_greece_003.jpgmdna_greece_004.jpgmdna_greece_005.jpgmdna_greece_006.jpgmdna_greece_007.jpg

OMG I was looking for that EVERYWHERE the other day until I finally ordered it from Amazon. It seems it will be sold at newspaper vendors (trend for many 'big' CD's in Greece from domestic and foreign artists).

Guest groovyguy

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/jim-farber-top-ten-music-week-april-1-2012-article-1.1052658#ixzz1qn5XFmfK

Jim Farber’s Top Ten in Music for Week of April 1, 2012

1) Madonna “MDNA” The Iron Lady of Music ages in reverse on her 12th studio CD. It’s the non-stop dance-pop party of a teen’s dream. If that seems alarmingly "inappropriate" from a 53-year-old mother of four, so much the better.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6859

London is addicted to MDNA

HMV Oxford Circus is in full MDNA mood as you can see in these images shared by Ultimate Concert Experience, who also sent in pictures from the fantastic MDNA UK launch party yesterday in London. The new album, new merchandise, "Celebration" related collectables and also the latests re-issues from Rhino/Warner welcome customers in Madonna's Material World.

mymdna_507.jpgmymdna_508.jpg