Madonna 2012 Album: NEWS & UPDATES!

robster

Thats what happens whem you left your music behind. She surely did by focusing on W.E and Malawi. This projects are great for her and i can see why she moved to it, but they demand an incredible ammount of energy and dedication so something had to suffer and sadly its her music career.

I thinks GAYL is a bubblegun pop effort and even kinda fun, but of course its not strong enough to be a single, much less the LEAD single of a very anticipate album.

Guest groovyguy
From what I know, the album version comes in at 4:43, while the version we all know and love is 3:25. A longer, cheerleading intro is now there, where both Nicki & M.I.A. are cheering back and fourth, taunting each other. They then join in, repeating the cheer we've already heard. Madonna's lyrics, vocals, etc are all the same...no changes here. M.I.A. apparently has a brief "rap" or "cheer" right before Madonna begins the second verse. Nicki also has a rap during the breakdown, and again, more cheering from both her and M.I.A.

The leak did in fact come from a 4 track CD with three other possible album tracks. According to fans who have it, those tracks are "Bang, Bang", "Girls Gone Wild", and "Masterpiece". The other tracks have been widely shared, but at this point, if any other leaks happen, it would not be good. The 4 tracks are not mastered, possibly why GMAYL sounds flat, and Masterpiece sounds distorted to some. Despite what audiences may have heard in theaters..."Masterpiece" does in fact feature a full on orchestra, which I confirmed last week, and Giampiero confirmed also here on the news.

William Orbit is overseeing the main sound, just as Stuart Price did with Confession On A Dance Floor. ...Orbit has drawn out Madonna's voice similar to that of Ray of Light and Music. Masterpiece is an indication of the vocal production.

William Orbit is the 'wizard', the brain behind the new album, while the Free School, a collective of co-writers and co-producers, with Jean Baptiste Kouame as the primary songwriter, are the "tailors."

Guest groovyguy

I really hope that Nicki's and M.I.A.'s contributions are enough to "save" this song.Maybe their cheering and rap parts will bring new life to the song.

Some were complaining about Madonna's cheering in the demo. That cheering is done by Nicki & M.I.A. And the demo sounds flat because it is not mastered.

Guest groovyguy

This one's for you horn! ;) I gotta Express myself because I was Born This Way. :D

I can agree it's certainly not her best lead single by any means, but it does seem like something the general public will eat up. If history is anything to go by, it seems the songs Madonna's diehard fans dislike the most are the ones the general public will keep at number one for 7 weeks (see Take A Bow) or make popular enough to be placed alongside Vogue, Like A Prayer, Hung Up as one of the biggest worldwide hits of her career (see 4M). I know it's painful for some of you to see 4 Minutes beside Vogue and Like A Prayer referenced as the same in "status". :) But it's true from a commercial standpoint! That of course didn't make anyone like 4M any better and I'm sure it won't make anyone like GAYL any better but it makes sense to release such an "easy" song as the lead single to draw some casual fans back in.

The song is almost annoyingly catchy. It's not as if it's something hard to digest like the American Life single was. I don't see how it won't catch on one way or another being the first lead single from a Madonna album in 4 years and obviously the involvement of MIA and Nicki (especially), even if they aren't exactly hit machines, they are well known enough that the 3 of them together will pique some interest. Once we see the image that goes with it, the video, the Super Bowl performance....not to mention hear the final version, everything will sort of come together....hopefully....and then some diehards will be back on board. I'd hate to see another 1-2 year forum meltdown like the Hard Candy era. :lol: The rumored descriptions of the other tracks make it seem like they will be very different from GAYL. Isn't Masterpiece also going to be on the album? I mean you can't get too much more opposite from GAYL than that.

The wait for this album is driving me crazy with excitement!! I truly don't know what to expect this time.

Can't you picture her fans CHEERING when she performs this song in the new tour? L-U-V MADONNA!!!!

Some were complaining about Madonna's cheering in the demo. That cheering is done by Nicki & M.I.A. And the demo sounds flat because it is not mastered.

Maybe they're mixed in there somewhere, but the most pronounced voice during the cheering is clearly Madonna.

Guest groovyguy
19 tracks were recorded, some with producers who haven't been mentioned, and others who have denied their involvement. The project is very secretive. 14-15 are meant for release, with the others possibly being a bonus of some sort. William Orbit is overseeing the main sound, just as Stuart Price did with Confession On A Dance Floor.

So maybe Benassi and Sia are involved?

Please don't ever work in the record biz. Your artists will starve to death.

lol...the same could be said to you "Mr almighty Hits and Miss guru"....the track is fun and catchy and LOTS of poeple like it....hardly swayed by the generally bitter and jaded group that posts here.

Guest groovyguy

Maybe they're mixed in there somewhere, but the most pronounced voice during the cheering is clearly Madonna.

That's the demo. The mastered version has a longer intro and breakdown. It is different from the demo just not radically different as some are expecting.

A longer, cheerleading intro is now there, where both Nicki & M.I.A. are cheering back and fourth, taunting each other. They then join in, repeating the cheer we've already heard. Madonna's lyrics, vocals, etc are all the same...no changes here. M.I.A. apparently has a brief "rap" or "cheer" right before Madonna begins the second verse. Nicki also has a rap during the breakdown, and again, more cheering from both her and M.I.A.

So maybe Benassi and Sia are involved?

According to G_O_N_E, Sia isn't involved. She did submit some demos, but Madonna didn't record any of them.

lol...the same could be said to you "Mr almighty Hits and Miss guru"....the track is fun and catchy and LOTS of poeple like it....hardly swayed by the generally bitter and jaded group that posts here.

We will see, won't we? ;)

All this negativity and bullshit drama over a song we have not even heard the official version of yet................ :wacko:

Exactly :rotfl:

That's how most Madonna fans are anyway

They tend to forget things and they're always snapping their fingers demanding things in a

a very ungrateful way. Ungrateful for the fact that after 30 years at the top, and having

more wealth that anyone could spend in 100 lifetimes, she still bothers to make a record

or go on tour in the first place.

The single sounds like a mess. It's like she forgot about quality control which is incredible for someone

who until recently has managed every part of her career so carefully. Didnt she learn anything from the mess

that was Hard Candy. Most of her fans don't want to hear rappers in a Madonna song.

Guest bluejean

it's not like GOOD SONGS are hits

and BAD SONGS are flops

it's mostly to do with payola and marketing and the interests of 12 year olds.

That is true to some extent, however I don't believe you can force feed people a bona fide TURD

Guest bluejean

the track is fun and catchy and LOTS of poeple like it....hardly swayed by the generally bitter and jaded group that posts here.

Who likes it because outside of this forum and afew reviews all I've heard is negative feedback.

The single sounds like a mess. It's like she forgot about quality control which is incredible for someone

who until recently has managed every part of her career so carefully. Didnt she learn anything from the mess

that was Hard Candy. Most of her fans don't want to hear rappers in a Madonna song.

Wait till you hear the final product once it's officially released (single/album)

I really don't hate the song even in its demo form, I don't see why everyone on here thinks its so bad? When I first heard Candy Shop I thought it was one of the worst things Madonna had ever done, it took her 2 years of touring and shoving that song down our throats for it to grow on me. This is at least instantly catchy... at least to me. Not saying it's her best but it's certainly not the worst thing she's put out.

:thumbsup:

To me,nearly every song on Hard Candy sounds better than GMAYL.

So true. Time to face the truth and stop using the lame excuse of "she doesn't have to prove anything" even if she farts in the studio. Let's wait to hear the final version.

Guest groovyguy

http://canadianblogs.net/lady-gaga-most-overrated-madonna-most-anticipated-%E2%80%98billboard%E2%80%99-readers-poll

Madonna Most Anticipated: ‘Billboard’ Readers Poll

Meanwhile, Madonna edged out Nicki Minaj and the reunited No Doubt for Most Anticipated 2012 Album. The Material Girl’s brand new label deal with Interscope, home of Gaga, Eminem and U2, to name a few, was announced this week. And as for that anticipated album, it’s due out in March, and will be preceded by the arrival of both lead single “Gimme All Your Luvin” in late January and Madge’s Super Bowl halftime performance on February 5.

Madonna’s upcoming directorial effort W.E. (in theaters February 3) also earned two Golden Globe nominations yesterday, including one for the multi-talented performer’s ballad “Masterpiece”.

See the full results here.

Wait till you hear the final product once it's officially released (single/album)

Sorry, I have heard the demo and the addition of the rappers just turns me off completely.

This is not we ordered. I thought with Orbit on board she would have left all the urban

stuff behind and concentrated on giving us some quality pop songs. Instead it sounds

like she is trying to compete with the younger crowd. She is starting to look desperate

which makes me really sad. How can one of the greatest pop stars that ever lived be reduced

to churning out such mediocre tracks - Celebration, Revolver and now GMYAL?

Seriously if anyone else was singing the track would we even be discussing it?

She really does need to hire some decent songwriters.