Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

Guest FrozenEyes

I like that title.

I feel kind of angry now that we've heard the leak of GMAYL. We hear the leak and then :shock: ...................nothing. :grr:

I was hoping some momentum of leaks or snippets or tid bits of information would continue flowing, but that really hasn't been the case.

Guest groovyguy

According to G_O_N_E (DM Forum):

I've been hearing the title Mirror and Revolution have been discussed, as well as just "Madonna" or "M". Live Nation have their marketing department in full swing, this and the tour is the biggest focus of 2012. Madonna and Live Nation are looking start a new era, both for Madonna and musically, so having the album just be a "name" would kick start that.

All I know is, Mirror was the name of the 9 track disc that was played for record executives. Not sure if it's a track title, or just a possible album name.

...most releases have multiple titles before a definitive one is decided.

Guest groovyguy

We should REALLY have more infos. I think a press release won't kill anybody :sneaky:

We all want more info, tidbits, snippets but then some would be bitching and moaning if it's something they don't like like the leaked GMAYL demo.

The updates on the album are going to be scarce, even with today's announcement. There's going to be a lot of speculation...

I LOVE the title "M"! You could do a really interesting marketing campaign for it by extending on that letter.

M..adonna

M..usic

M..ilestone

M..irror

etc etc etc...

It's also the 13th letter in the alphabet and we all know 13 is her lucky number... In egyptian times the symbol M was used to indicate "water" so that could relate to a cleansing ritual, new fresh start, the same way water was a big theme in the ROL period when she also started a big new chapter in life.

I only see advantages!

My vote goes to

"M" by Madonna

Guest groovyguy

...It's also the 13th letter in the alphabet and we all know 13 is her lucky number... In egyptian times the symbol M was used to indicate "water" so that could relate to a cleansing ritual, new fresh start, the same way water was a big theme in the ROL period when she also started a big new chapter in life.

I only see advantages!

My vote goes to

"M" by Madonna

LUV this thought. LUV the spiritual concept ala SWIM (baptism) on ROL.

If I had to RANK the rumoured titles -

1. LITTLE OBSESSION

2. M

3. Mirror

4. Stupid Game

5. Madonna (I can see the 'back to the beginning' appeal but I don't like it. We already have a fantastic album called Madonna)

5093034893393. Revolution (please Good God NO NO NO. It just reeks of MJ and 'hasbeen' trying desperately hard. NO NO NO.)

We all want more info, tidbits, snippets but then some would be bitching and moaning if it's something they don't like like the leaked GMAYL demo.

Yes, you're right. GMAYL was not as good as i expected but it's just a demo so i stay positive :thumbsup:

Guest groovyguy

More from G_O_N_E:

Girls Gone Wild has not been confirmed. I was told that Benassi was intended to work on the album. Madonna loved his Celebration mix, but nothing else he contributed during the early stages. The tracks that made it onto the album, he may have had a hand in...but nothing that was played two weeks ago was produced by him...

13-14 tracks on the album.

17 tracks have been mastered, and Live Nation wants them all released in some form throughout 2012

Guest groovyguy

13-14 tracks on the new album? It could be great but i doubt it :(

Are you doubting the number of tracks? Well, Erotica has 13 tracks (clean version), 14 tracks (with Parental Advice Sticker), and ROL has 13 tracks, and 14 tracks (Japan release).

so.. 13 or 14 tracks and the other three/four will be added as bonus material then or..? (because rumor says 17 tracks have been mastered..)

Also,

I love the album title "M" or "Mirror" a lot. Way better (imo) than "little obsession".

Guest groovyguy

so.. 13 or 14 tracks and the other three/four will be added as bonus material then or..? (because it says 17 tracks have been mastered..)

According to rumors. But I can see 13-14 tracks on standard version with additional bonus tracks for deluxe and Itunes pre-order.

Are you doubting the number of tracks? Well, Erotica has 13 tracks (clean version), 14 tracks (with Parental Advice Sticker), and ROL has 13 tracks, and 14 tracks (Japan release).

You're right :thumbsup:

I still remember when i bought the Music album and found out there was only 10 tracks on it :ugh:

It could be great to have more tracks this time! It's been TOO long since Hard Candy, i need new music :headbang:

Guest groovyguy

as always ;) xx

As with every M album release, it's always so exciting to have the scoops and rumors before an official announcement. I am super-excited about the coming events - W.E., SuperBowl, album, tour. ;) xoxo

M / Madonna thing is a little repetitive. Not because of the self-titled first album, but because rumors like these were brought up during the previous album.

I still think "Madame" would work great as the title.

Im still in favor of "the whore of babylon". was it oseary who ditched that idea during the reinvention period (for the tour name) or am I mistaken? if so: big fuck you to him. (again) edit: I also love the concept of "black Madonna". which as far as I can remember, he also stopped her from doing. :thumbsdown::electropop::doh:

and I like the idea of "mother fucker". ;)

As with every M album release, it's always so exciting to have the scoops and rumors before an official announcement. I am super-excited about the coming events - W.E., SuperBowl, album, tour. ;) xoxo

The problem with rumors is the fact that they're SOOOOOO exciting sometimes and i regularly feel that the finished product is not as awesome as announced (but i was never let down by Madonna until now, her music is always great :thumbsup: ).

Im still in favor of "the whore of babylon". was it oseary who ditched that idea during the reinvention period (for the tour name) or am I mistaken? if so: big fuck you to him. (again) edit: I also love the concept of "black Madonna". which as far as I can remember, he also stopped her from doing. :thumbsdown::electropop::doh:

and I like the idea of "mother fucker". ;)

M herself said The Whore Of Babylon was bullshit.

M herself said The Whore Of Babylon was bullshit.

When? I never heard that, I thought that was her idea but then oseary or someone else advised her not to do it (but maybe Im confusing it with the "black madonna" idea)