Who should play her in a biopic

Apples388

Winslet would look sensational as Virgin, ROL and AL era Madonna; but I'm not sure she could pull off Blonde Ambition, Who's That Girl or Dita looks.

Blanchett perhaps?

An unknown. Biographical movies of famous people seem to work together when you get an unknown to play them. Fans are more willing to see an unknown as their favorite artist. Choose famous actors or actresses for the supporting roles, but cast an unknown as Madonna.

Guest Not4Pussies

they should do something like they did for Bob Dylan in I'm Not There and different actresses can play Madonna from different eras

julianne moore, michelle pfeiffer, cate blanchett, kate winslet, drew barrymore, virginia madsen...

Why? For all the people on Earth why would they choose her? She looks nothing like Madonna and has none of the magic that makes Madonna so special.

I just wanted to throw it out there :rotfl:

You know this slut will be all over a script if it materialises...

they should do something like they did for Bob Dylan in I'm Not There and different actresses can play Madonna from different eras

That movie sucked azz though, other than having a great performance from Blanchett and the little black boy

No, but I think two actresses could play her.

Most biopics have the young/childhood version, then the adult one does the main bit and all the rest

Scorsese is apparently going down the I'm Not There route for his Sinatra biopic with several actors playing different stages of his life

The problem with a Madonna biopic is that there are too many different looks and eras, it would look a bit ridiculous and be very choppy. They'd have to leave loads of stuff out or focus in on certain years. An I'm Not There-style movie might work best.

I dont know, but this would have to be one of the longest biopics ever made. Just about every year in her career has been noteworthy. So much would need to be covered.

Wasnt her Behind the Music one of the only ones that was an hour and a half instead of the normal hour? Even they knew there was just too damn much to cover. And that was 10 years ago! :lol:

The problem with a Madonna biopic is that there are too many different looks and eras, it would look a bit ridiculous and be very choppy. They'd have to leave loads of stuff out or focus in on certain years. An I'm Not There-style movie might work best.

You beat me to it. :lol:

And I am sorry. Gaga is very pretty in that pic. Hmmph.

If they do go ahead with it some time I would love it if the script and story is so thick on plot and heavy with personal stuff that the finished product would serve to illustrate how the different looks were just subsidiary in the big picture (as they are really); rather than play up to the mainstream media idea of Madonna changing her looks just on a superficial level (which there is some truth to as well). Yes I want my Madonna overintellectualised please. For example a scene where she's fixing her disco roll obsessively in the aftermath of the horse fall and then breaking down and crying in the mirror as she realises that her marriage is falling apart because Guy is cheating on her, only to emerge onstage at the G-A-Y gig the consummate professional with the world and her fans enjoying the disco queen but oblivious to the TURMOIL WITHIN THE LEGEND...

Or something.

I wonder what TERUMI MATTHEWS is up to these days

1255886075543_f.jpg

:demonic:

I like the scene in that where she sings in a Parisian nightclub (did that really happen?)

Just think, she recorded this song - no wonder she denied it :chuckle:

Guest Not4Pussies

i dont want it to be the typical biopic

thats boring and her life has never been tragic

it should be more towards madonna the icon, myth, her music and art

^ there was a time when SJP bore a striking resemblance to the ROL-era Madonna. I think she would do too (to a certain extent).

Winslet :wow:

This

&

This

:wow::wow: