Liz Smith: Is Gaga really the 'new Madonna'?

Camacho

Guest Therealalejandro

What's incredible and disturbing is your entire posting history on this forum, the focus of which has been to bash a woman whom you claim to be tired of reading about. I mean your screen name was created as a disimissal towards one of her songs. In fact, your obsession with that woman was to such a degree that the admin of the forum banned you from Pop Princesses, and yet here you are YET AGAIN in a thread about her. wacko.gif

In the Madonna section, freak.

And my entire history of posting states more about the fact that I am too busy to share my thoughts with rotten apples like yourself most of the time, which is why my post count is 125 and yours is nearing 17,000. I wonder where that puts us in the grand scheme of things. I certainly know what I'd think if I had your kind of free time.

In the Madonna section, freak.

And my entire history of posting states more about the fact that I am too busy to share my thoughts with rotten apples like yourself most of the time, which is why my post count is 125 and yours is nearing 17,000. I wonder where that puts us in the grand scheme of things. I certainly know what I'd think if I had your kind of free time.

Such an outdated thought. People used to say that shit 5 years ago... "Oh, you have XXX amount of posts, you must have no life." STFU.

Gaga will never be Madonna, in fact, no one can replace her. Even if Gaga managed to get more top 10 hits than Madonna, she can never make the same impact as Madonna.

Mimi surpassed Madonna with most #1 as well as longest weeks #1 in the US and yet ppl still called Madonna "Queen Of Pop"/legend, NOT Mimi.

Relax.

Guest Therealalejandro

Such an outdated thought. People used to say that shit 5 years ago... "Oh, you have XXX amount of posts, you must have no life." STFU.

Yes. It is outdated because I am an old fag with nothing to do except rag on the rancid pus explosion on a tampon that is Joanne Germanotta. And in the meantime, you have managed to add another couple of thousand to your own count. Just because it was said to you five years ago doesn't mean it isn't still true about you not having a life.

Yes. It is outdated because I am an old fag with nothing to do except rag on the rancid pus explosion on a tampon that is Joanne Germanotta. And in the meantime, you have managed to add another couple of thousand to your own count. Just because it was said to you five years ago doesn't mean it isn't still true about you not having a life.

Agreed. You and your bf should do something more productive with your time.

Talking about post counts... your man has nearly 23,000. :lol: Please, stop with the idiocy.

Is this true? Does Pud Whacker make a living from posting on this board? It's the most absurd claim I've heard in a long time. What I've found about him, is that he sends people out to do his dirty work. So he doesn't look so bad. Sorry, alejandro. Alejandro. You're either a pawn or his boyfriend. Either way, you should be pitied.

As I've said before, Madonna will be seen as the precursor to Lady Gaga :bow: just as Debbie Harry was seen as the precursor to Madonna. Someone ALWAYS comes along and takes things to a new level. Madonna had a good run but she became too complacent due to the lack of serious competition and as Liz Smith says, at 51 it would be ridiculous for her to try and compete now.

Guest gloriesbarcelona

As I've said before, Madonna will be seen as the precursor to Lady Gaga :bow: just as Debbie Harry was seen as the precursor to Madonna. Someone ALWAYS comes along and takes things to a new level. Madonna had a good run but she became too complacent due to the lack of serious competition and as Liz Smith says, at 51 it would be ridiculous for her to try and compete now.

Saying what you write in your post is wrong would be an understatement.

I don't know how you can compare Debbie Harry's career with Madonna's and her achievements :confused:

Madonna wasn't the new Debbie Harry back then and isn't now, they stand as artists on their own, end of.

YES, Gaga HAS talent, you are right, and even if she isn't my cup of tea she will do very well for sure. BUT there will never be a NEW Madonna, get fucking over it!

There is space for both of them, why would you want to constantly put poor Gaga in Madonna's shoes, let the girl be fucking LG for once

Oh, and thank you for your "competition" statement, you use it every now on then and it always makes me laugh out loud so much :lol::lol:

was it THIS BAD with Britney? :rotfl:

Worse, I think. And how quickly forgotten!

Anyone remember when Britney was going to use all the suffering she'd been through to come out with her own personal Like A Prayer type album? :lmao:

Anyone remember when her tour was supposed to rival Blond Ambition? :lmao:

Oh wait nevermind Gaga is here!

Anyone remember when Britney was going to use all the suffering she'd been through to come out with her own personal Like A Prayer type album? :lmao:

Anyone remember when her tour was supposed to rival Blond Ambition? :lmao:

:lmao::madgemanson:

People wanna be there from the beginning. It's clear now that Britney will never grow (how it wasn't from day one I'll never understand), so the time was right for the new "next Madonna". I'm happy that I'm going along for the ride with the original.

Guest Pud Whacker

i was watching the WTG japan DVD last night, and i paused it and announced that it should AGAINST THE LAW to mention that horrendous hideous clump dump joanne in the same breath as graceful madonna's. that if i could i would have people decapitated for such a crime. (think gloria swanson in sunset blvd. standing and announcing that she will return to the silver screen - hand up - head turn and all) :rotfl:

but i was reminded that she just elevates madonna to a higher greatness. its true.

ONWARD!!!!

Please Puddy never stop posting here

I agree with this. the forum is just not the same without him

JOANNE!!!

Guest nothingfails0603

People wanna be there from the beginning. It's clear now that Britney will never grow (how it wasn't from day one I'll never understand), so the time was right for the new "next Madonna". I'm happy that I'm going along for the ride with the original.

I think people expected Britney to grow because she was 16/17 when she first burst on the scene and for the most part, "teen stars" grow out of that once they hit adulthood. Britney should seriously be at the ROL stage of her career at this point, yet she's not even entered True Blue.

Britney should seriously be at the ROL stage of her career at this point, yet she's not even entered True Blue.

:lmao: Poor Brit. But I dont think her fans expect pieces of pop art from her at this point though. Simple dance tunes with no vision or thought put into them (at least from her end) are enough, which is fine.

His point was about top 40 hits, so you need to go by when the songs entered the top 40. Just Dance didn't even enter the Hot 100 (at #76) until August 16th and it hit #1 in January 2009. Not sure when it entered the Top 40 but that's why I said fall, as it had to have happened around that time.

No. The point was that in the time it took Madonna to release three albums with 15 top 40 hits, it will have taken Gaga the same time to release the same album 3 times. Fame. Fame monster. Fame monster remixes. Duh. Oh well...