Madonna prepares for new album?

Guest dicktracy

Posted by Dance2Nite @ the MTRIBE forum:

The latest rumor i've heard from reliable sources is that Madonna will begin writing with Patrick leonard in the new year on her New Album!

How exciting (if true?)!

I don't even want to JOKE about this, because it's so exciting that if it turns out false I will be crushed.

The latest rumor i've heard from reliable sources is that Madonna will begin writing with Patrick leonard in the new year on her New Album!

How exciting (if true?)!

I don't even want to JOKE about this, because it's so exciting that if it turns out false I will be crushed.

Same here.

My dream Madonna team would be: Joe Henry, Patrick Leonard(cause honestly his best material has been with Madonna) and Jon Brion. And if not that mixture of people, then a producer who is unknown that can bring something new or unheard to the table. Either way Madonna needs to bring it next time around, I liked Hard Candy, but feel like it got bland quickly. But that's just my opinion.

I'm excited to here whatever she does, whichever direction she chooses. I love her rock influences and would love to hear what she would do with more of that in her music. It'd be interesting!!

Guest bluejean

Whatever Madonna does next musically I'd like to see her to approach it like she did an album like Ray Of Light. She was so open and things just happened naturally rather than her intentionally trying to make a hit album. That's the approach that usually brings the best results. Not to suggest a musical style like Ray Of Light, something with more attitude would work perfectly right now. I'd love Madonna to have her fuck you attitude with the next album!

Guest Danny86

How exciting (if true?)!

I wonder what the source is, on Tribe the admin said "Make an educated guess" about it... Anna didn't say anything about it yet. I wonder if she's just re-using more compositions by him from Hello Suckers...

To bluejean, Madonna started ROL with going back to her own hitmaker and then Rick Nowels, who was responsible for Belinda Carlisle hits (then she went to Babyface and Nellee Hooper), that's pretty much the formula of caring about how the album will be received. I don't think Madonna ever made an album where she wasn't focusing on it to be a hit, her being a big name and the best selling Warner artist never allowed such things. ROL was the perfect merge of her dance sensibility and her then-expected ballad/AC stuff, they made sure she had a hit album in her hands.

The article moe linked deserves to be posted, one of the directions will be happening:

Madonna is currently at work on a new album, which is expected to be unleashed some time in 2010. She has stayed relevant in the music business by constantly reinventing herself, taking in new genres and musical experiments and making them her own. She is meticulous about how she selects collaborators, because they inform the sound of the albums as much at Madge herself.

One of the confirmed producers working on the still-unnamed work is Brendan O'Brien, who made a name for himself sitting behind the boards for Pearl Jam and has also helmed productions for Bruce Springsteen, Rage Against the Machine, Stone Temple Pilots, AC/DC and Aerosmith. Does that mean that the singer behind "Like a Prayer," "Ray of Light" and "Hung Up" is going to dive deep into the rock world and make a guitar-based album?

It's a possibility, though reports also have A-Trak (a Kanye West collaborator) and David Guetta (of "Sexy Chick" fame) working on the album as well, which suggests that it's a combination of roots rock, futuristic hip-hop and whatever Akon makes. With that in mind, here are six directions Madonna could go in.

Rock Opera

Madonna has theater experience (she famously lobbied hard to play Eva Peron in the film version of the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical "Evita") but has never really constructed an album based on a narrative (and the disastrous American Life shouldn't count). She could bring in Green Day producer Rob Cavallo to beef up her rock chops and flesh out her own version of American Idiot.

Electro-Rap Posse Album

If A-Trak is on board, she should expand her horizons and invite a cavalcade of MCs to throw down with her on a full-on rap album. We're certain that Lupe Fiasco, Dizzee Rascal, Mos Def, Rhymefest and Kanye would all probably be game to trade verses with Madonna, who is not necessarily a stranger to spitting. Remember her verse on "American Life"?

Metal

Though she's lorded over some tough dance beats in the past, truly hard music has never been her forte and remains an uncharted territory for the star. O'Brien has produced music for metallers like Mastodon and Incubus, so he's ready, willing and able to crank Madonna's sound up to 11 and really let her rip.

Country Rock

Madonna isn't above aping a current star, and with Taylor Swift cranking out huge hits in big numbers, why wouldn't she attempt to add country to her repertoire? O'Brien has produced twangy records for Springsteen and Pete Droge, and Madonna herself has toyed with country and dance sounds for "Don't Tell Me."

Straight Disco

Maybe all these producers are just there to throw us off the scent, and her plan is to actually crank out an even deeper-diving disco record. After all, her recent single "Celebration" was well-received, and the throwback sounds on 2008's Hard Candy wowed both the dance and pop worlds. Perhaps she just wants to make ABBA tunes for the rest of her career (which wouldn't be such a bad thing, really).

No Limit Revival

She could fire everybody, recruit Master P's Beats by the Pound crew and shout along to some late-'90s New Orleans bounce. That probably won't happen, but Silkk the Shocker could use the work.

How exciting (if true?)!

:drool:

Has this been posted already?

http://www.hollyscoop.com/music/madonna/madonna-to-rap-on-next-album_1976.aspx

Madonna to Rap on Next Album

Madonna is reportedly hard at work on her twelfth studio album, and we hear she’s working on creating a brand new sound than what we’re used to hearing from her. According to the New York Post, Madge is in the studio working with some of the newest chart toppers.

One of the producers on the project is Brendon O’Brien, who’s worked with both Bruce Springsteen and Pearl Jam. Sources say the album will incorporate rock anthems, rap and club beats.

And according to various Madonna fan-sites, David Guetta is also working with Madge! Just last month he said in an interview, "I would love to work with Madonna. It will probably happen very soon actually. It's all in the early stages and I'm not allowed to speak about it yet!"

And just this week Guetta said he is "already working on some tryouts to shift Madonna."

David Guetta seems like the guy to work with right now. He’s responsible for the Black Eyed Peas latest album, as well as two of the biggest hits of the year, “Sexy Bitch” featuring Akon and “When Love Takes Over” with Kelly Rowland.

Madonna is smart to work with him! We’re always excited to hear what she comes up with. Age definitely isnt a factor when it comes to Madge!

Guest gloriesbarcelona

Madonna is reportedly hard at work on her twelfth studio album, and we hear she’s working on creating a brand new sound than what we’re used to hearing from her. According to the New York Post, Madge is in the studio working with some of the newest chart toppers.

One of the producers on the project is Brendon O’Brien, who’s worked with both Bruce Springsteen and Pearl Jam. Sources say the album will incorporate rock anthems, rap and club beats.

And according to various Madonna fan-sites, David Guetta is also working with Madge! Just last month he said in an interview, "I would love to work with Madonna. It will probably happen very soon actually. It's all in the early stages and I'm not allowed to speak about it yet!"

And just this week Guetta said he is "already working on some tryouts to shift Madonna."

David Guetta seems like the guy to work with right now. He’s responsible for the Black Eyed Peas latest album, as well as two of the biggest hits of the year, “Sexy Bitch” featuring Akon and “When Love Takes Over” with Kelly Rowland.

Madonna is smart to work with him! We’re always excited to hear what she comes up with. Age definitely isnt a factor when it comes to Madge!

Brendon O’Brien + Guetta :confused:

yawn-380x540.jpg

Maybe all these producers are just there to throw us off the scent, and her plan is to actually crank out an even deeper-diving disco record. After all, her recent single "Celebration" was well-received, and the throwback sounds on 2008's Hard Candy wowed both the dance and pop worlds. Perhaps she just wants to make ABBA tunes for the rest of her career (which wouldn't be such a bad thing, really).

I don't know about the disco part, but I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna's camp leaked all of these different names just to cause chaos.

Madonna should NOT be rapping. She'll be made fun of endlessly for that and it won't turn out well. However i'd love her album to be rock anthems incorporated with club beats. That would be something hot and different from what's out there at the moment.

I don't know about the disco part, but I wouldn't be surprised if Madonna's camp leaked all of these different names just to cause chaos.

I don't think they care that much, honestly.