REVOLVER HAS LEAKED!

freddykrueger86

I made up my mind last week that I was absolutely not going to listen to "Revolver" in full before I had the CD in my hands. I would simply satisfy myself with the 30-second preview clip.

Then I saw this thread, and I caved quicker than a West Virginia coal mine.

Now that I've heard the entire track, I stand by my original assessment from the Amazon.de preview -- this track is HOT. It's fun, flirty, sexy, hip, and catchy as all hell. I even think Lil Wayne's part is perfect.

YUPPP!!!!! Now this needs a glorious video!

Guest SuperPop

the verses couldn't be more BRITNEY..the chorus though is great ..its disposable but is PURE fun...I prefer Celebration but this is fabulous also..:wow:

oh and thank god Lil Wayne doesn't ruin the song at all..

Guest ursaminorjim

Does it sound like any number of other pop singers could have done it? Yes, absolutely. But Madonna did it, so - moot point. It's got more hooks than a tackle box and sass in its ass. And Lil Wayne.

This is the shit.

So, speaking as someone who only heard the original demo once, months ago, how is it different (aside from the vocals obviously)? How did she get that (rumoured) writing credit?

Key word is "rumored". Doesn't mean she actually got any credit for it. And if she does, I don't know why?

So, speaking as someone who only heard the original demo once, months ago, how is it different (aside from the vocals obviously)? How did she get that (rumoured) writing credit?

a few added new lyrics...like the "Mirror Mirror on the wall" part and the "gotcha crying to your mama" bit...plus the "i line them up, and watch them fall.." moment

Guest SuperPop

Ugh Warner and Madonna's ass better not waste this track and give it the full push. I really have good feeling about this being huge. But then again I thought Sorry was going to be huge in America. :lol:

I really doubt that this will be a hit (considering also it is the second single from the GH)..yet, its great to have 2 fabulous new songs in 'Celebration'...

cant wait also to hear the bonus track from the GH 'Is it cool'

I really doubt that this will be a hit (considering also it is the second single from the GH)..yet, its great to have 2 fabulous new songs in 'Celebration'...

cant wait also to hear the bonus track from the GH 'Is it cool'

I still have my fingers crossed. But if this flops I SWEAR I am done crossing my fingers. I will accept the fact that Madonna is simply a touring act with no more top 40 radio hits left in her. :lol: So this is IT!

Okay, I am convinced you just don't like anything she does anymore. Everything she does, you are always negative and disappointed with. Maybe it's time to move on buddy!!!

You've got that wrong for a start. I loved Hard Candy and still rave about GI2M, both song and video and think it's her best album from the last ten years.

As for the 2 songs on Celebration, I think when the album has been and gone, people will look back and say they weren't her greatest songs by a long stretch. I'm used to people on here thinking they have to like everything when it's first released to be a 'true fan'. I'm old enough to know it's fine for me to not like something of hers but I can still remain a true blue fan. 25 years and counting.

Unfortunately, like so many forums, many people don't like to hear opinions that are different to their own. So much for freedom of speech and tolerance of others.

You've got that wrong for a start. I loved Hard Candy and still rave about GI2M, both song and video and think it's her best album from the last ten years.

As for the 2 songs on Celebration, I think when the album has been and gone, people will look back and say they weren't her greatest songs by a long stretch. I'm used to people on here thinking they have to like everything when it's first released to be a 'true fan'. I'm old enough to know it's fine for me to not like something of hers but I can still remain a true blue fan. 25 years and counting.

Unfortunately, like so many forums, many people don't like to hear opinions that are different to their own. So much for freedom of speech and tolerance of others.

I completely agree with this. Celebration is a fun, quirky song that I listen to all of the time... it won't become one of her classics, but that's OK because not every song has to. However, Revolver IMHO just isn't good. Sorry for saying that, but it's just not that great of a track. It's mediocre. Like someone else said, if it was by any other artist we wouldn't even bother listening to it.

Of course, since it is Madonna, I'll listen to it on repeat on my ipod, but that's beside the point.