S&S - Barcelona - 21st July '09

Guest gloriesbarcelona

Guest boytoyville

^ The number of dates and venue selection is fine. They don't need to sell every single seat or even close to it to make a profit from everything incompassing the event. I think It's great Spain got 5 shows in 5 massive venues so a lot of people in Spain had a chance to to see her on this great tour!

Guest denisebella

Doesn't matter of how many sell out she made, this tour in Spain has been a great success......SO many people went to see the show, and considering that HC didn't do that well in Spain, well that's a great achievement :thumbsup:

Guest boytoyville

^ Very true! :clap: HC has been selling steadily the week going into the shows until current time now. Currently HC is at number 5(deluxe version) and # 17 standard version on Spanish I-tunes.

The fact is that, as feared, it was not sold out but it was a good showing taking all matters into account. Reports vary from 40.000 to 45.000, so at least 10.000 tix were left unsold. I'm fearing worse results for Madrid tomorrow. Zaragoza promoter stated that Barcelona was the strongest seller among the spanish dates. Too many dates and expensive tickets. that`s it. See u tomorrow in Pista A¡¡¡¡¡

so the stadium holds 55,000 for games but she has an stage and one end blocked off - 45-45,000 seams reasonable for a sell-out

Guest boytoyville

^ Exactly. The capacity of all these stadiums is cut down a bit by her ginormous endstage production. It's not like U2 where they can open up the back at the opposite end.

^ Exactly. The capacity of all these stadiums is cut down a bit by her ginormous endstage production. It's not like U2 where they can open up the back at the opposite end.

Yeah, but doesn't opening up the floor to general standing more than make up for the back of the stadium? I've never understood how that works. Sports capacity doesn't count the field because spectators don't sit there during games.

Guest boytoyville

^ The rule of thumb is that all center stage concerts add approx. 20-25 percent more seating capacity. I'm not sure of the specific logistics as do why but end stage really does take about a quater of the arena away because it's not only the back but it also adds obstructive viewing for the sides of the arena where the stage is also. This 20-25 percent added capacity was mentioned in touring articles by billboard for both U2 and Brit but I can't fine the archieved articles. Obviously depending on the actually stage size it could very a bit but that is the known "rule".

Guest boytoyville

^ Thanks for posting. Awesome video. It makes you feel like you are there. Like the video I posted of the Madird concert, the stadiums looks pretty packed!

Thanks for the videos.

Off topic, but is it just me but Youtube has been very slow for the past few months? It used to load the video a lot quicker, but it takes ages...very annoying.

Guest boytoyville
OH JESUS :dramatic:

:horny:

Jesus is so gay. lol Love the comment that person made in the video "Thats Sticky" lol. Funny how Paul was out there as well.