Portugal 1 Gold 10,000+

Russia 1 Platinum 60,000+

Spain 1 Gold 40,000+

Sweden 1 Gold 20,000+

Switzerland 1 Platinum 30,000+

United Kingdom 1 Platinum 340,000+

United States 1 Gold 714,000+

Worldwide 3,500,000

I remember just one year ago I COULDN'T wait anymore for the album to leak...

Now I hardly listen to it anymore...

I've been to the S&S in Nice, bought a couple of copies of the opus...

1 year on: I think the album is alright but definitely not one of her best...

What about you? Do you still listen to it?

How would you rank it compared to other eras?

Will it have a buzz again with the second part of the tour?

It's slagged off and perceived as a flop because of its sales, which aren't that bad, all things considered. That said, it would have done much better had BGO been released in October 08, with a decent video.

I agree that the album is not one of her best but it's far from being her worst. I maintain that it should have ended with 4 Minutes, and the rest of the album would have flowed better.

I still think it's a decent effort. It definitely satisfied my curiosity of her working with Timbaland and Pharrell. It's not as consistently good (in my book) as Ray of Light or Like A Prayer, but I find myself still listening to "4 Minutes," "Miles Away," "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" and "Voices" now and then.

I think there were flashes of brilliance in this album, but they might have been a little few and far between.

I still fucking hate the cover and album art. In fact, I find it to be a virtual insult to graphic designers everywhere. And I don't think there will be a big resurgence with the second leg of the tour - unless she did Australia or something really far fetched.

i think it goes from the way she handles her music. she did it great for COAD and so it became one of her most adored albums. i think she didnt manage HC very well, but still a good album with some very cool songs.

I still think it's a decent effort. It definitely satisfied my curiosity of her working with Timbaland and Pharrell. It's not as consistently good (in my book) as Ray of Light or Like A Prayer, but I find myself still listening to "4 Minutes," "Miles Away," "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" and "Voices" now and then.

I think there were flashes of brilliance in this album, but they might have been a little few and far between.

I still fucking hate the cover and album art. In fact, I find it to be a virtual insult to graphic designers everywhere. And I don't think there will be a big resurgence with the second leg of the tour - unless she did Australia or something really far fetched.

Nes and Nighshade, I agree completely with the both of you. To me, yes there are some good songs, overall it left me with a little empty feeling, like her heart wasn't totally in it. Maybe it's the way her voice was recorded or just how she sounds on it. Yes some of the beats are totally awesome too, but the parts are better than the overall sum.

Oh yeah---I thought COAD was a GREAT album in total, even the overall production was very well conceived.

Guest vermicious knid

My computer crashed about six months ago, and this album which was on my iTunes, was lost. I have not considered replacing it. I second the feeling that her heart wasn't in it. It seems like all the work was outsourced.

I never really loved it overall..to me its just OK.

I was SO EXCITED to hear it a year ago.....all i heard was how it sounded so much

like her 1st album ....and then it didnt come close.

i prefer CONFESSIONS by a landslide.! :confessions:

has it really been a year?

gosh, it seems like only yesterday when the album cover was first posted and 4 minutes finally leaked

i love the album, listen to it when i can

Guest Pud Whacker

best album of hers since the 80's - and thats where my love began - so it makes sense. for the 90's madonna fans, i dont think they like it as much.

Guest BytheBay

Its my favorite album of hers ever. I've been a fan since the first album and this is one of the few that I can listen to all the way without skipping any tracks.

I love the production, i love her voice, I love the vibe and energy of the whole project. And I love the cover pic. This album to me is madonna at her best.

I was horrified with Confessions and for awhile thought maybe I was growing away from M. This album brought me back in.

In truth I don't listen to any of her other albums from start to finish either that said I listen to hc tracks more than the rest as of late love me some devil and give it 2 me.

At first I was not a big fan of Hard Candy. Now, I think it is one of my favorite albums. The only two tracks I really don't like at all are Spanish Lesson and Incredible. I'm not a huge fan of Dance 2Night either. However, 4M, Miles Away, GI2M, DWRY, BGO, and Voices are all awesome.

I still listen to it almost every day. Candy Shop, Give It 2 Me, She's Not Me, Incredible and Beat Goes On are all songs I never get tired of. While it's not up there with the Holy Trinity - Like A Prayer, Ray Of Light, and Confessions On A Dance Floor - it's a solid album that will likely stand out as unique among her body of work for years to come.

It has its moments of brilliance for sure but i feel like some of the songs could have been arranged better or tweaked ever so slightly i.e spanish lesson, voices, heartbeat. Overall though it is a fun "dont take it too seriously" kind of record that WORKS. Love it!! Great album, one of my favorites.

MILES AWAY

SHES NOT ME

GIVE IT 2 ME

INCREDIBLE

:inlove:

Guest dicktracy
best album of hers since the 80's - and thats where my love began - so it makes sense. for the 90's madonna fans, i dont think they like it as much.

Pud, I'm with you. Though it's not her best effort, it's very early Madonna and I love it. I think it's a bit like LAV but not quite TB. Come to think of it... it's very WTG (if it would've been a full album).

still my 3rd favorite album after Erotica and Ray Of Light...post-ROL fans will never understand it why

Zephyr, this is how HC ranks in my opinion:

1. Ray of Light

2. Like A Prayer

3. Madonna

4. True Blue

5. Erotica

6. Hard Candy

The 90's started and ended well in my opinion... but the middle was questionable. I can see how post-ROL fans would shun HC like some post-LAP shunned Erotica. I just wished she and Warners had treated this project like they did with Erotica: 6 singles and 5 videos. By the end of that project they converted many of the doubtful fans with all of that promotion. I understand the economic implications of such enterprise given the state of the record industry... but I actually got to warm up to Rihanna after all of her singles being pretty much forced on everyone in America. Maybe the same would've worked for M. Than again... coulda shoulda woulda.

I still like it and it remains in the 8GB pen drive I use in my car, although I deleted "4 Minutes", "Spanish Lesson", the original "Give It 2 Me" and "Heartbeat". Not her best album but not her worst either. "She's Not Me", "Candy Shop", "Beat Goes On", "Devil" and "Voices" are pop classics.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Decent album, some nice beats and some catchy songs. I initially loved it, but over time my love for it has died down a bit. I don't listen to it all that much, but when i do i still enjoy it. It's good for what it is, but it's no great achievement or anything when compared to the albums of hers i really love.