John MCcain Campaign Calls Madonnas show "Divisive"

glittercandy

Once again: Hitler came to power because of the stupidity of the German people who voted for the NSDAP in 1933. Stupidity means that people were more interested in changing the situation they were living in (economy crisis, huge unemployment rate, loss of dignity after losing WWI and the results of the contract of Versailles etc.) And Hitler was offering an alternative to change all this. BUT they did not look behind the mask, even though there were signs of anti-semitism way before he came to power. Probably they were just not interested to see. Later on it´s always: "I didn´t know". The counterquestion needs to be "BUT WHY?" True answer: "I did not care" But honestly, who is going to admit that, that´s just not human nature.

And thats why at the end of the get stupid section Madonna shows photos of other more positive leaders and calls on us to make the right choice. Amen to that.

LETS GO!

And this is why old farts in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. Wait edit that. I meant to say 7 glass houses....Or is it 8 or 9!? Oh hell. I am just as confused as McCain on how many homes he owns.

He doesn't own any, they are all owned by Cindy McCain. He probably said that because he didn't want to admit that fact.

lol. Every report is saying her "Get Stupid" song.

Im sure Bill O'reilly and Sean Hannity will all be foaming out the mouth tonight about it. Oh wait. Doesnt the Dem Convention start tonight? Looks like Madonna is going to luck out and be overshadowed. :doh:

Guest jamesshot

McCain was in the "Get Stupid" part. Get it? He is stupid, according to Madonna and myself I might add. He isn't comparted to Hitler in any other way. Only morons think otherwise.

Anyone who votes for McCain is a fucking moron of the highest order. If you don't like Obama, fine. Vote for other 30 people running for President or write in Hillary's name.

This is much ado about nothing but good for Madonna for getting press out of this. She should NOT back down. Fuck everyone's feeling. The Republicans will use any disgusting tactic in the book. I love it that Madonna is going for the jugular.

McCain was in the "Get Stupid" part. Get it? He is stupid, according to Madonna and myself I might add. He isn't comparted to Hitler in any other way. Only morons think otherwise.

Anyone who votes for McCain is a fucking moron of the highest order. If you don't like Obama, fine. Vote for other 30 people running for President or write in Hillary's name.

This is much ado about nothing but good for Madonna for getting press out of this. She should NOT back down. Fuck everyone's feeling. The Republicans will use any disgusting tactic in the book. I love it that Madonna is going for the jugular.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I love when people make sense. Gets me all hot and bothered. :lol:

Guest Little Red
She was calling these people "stupid". Not comparing McCain to Hitler. Duh.

Don't you know what a comparison is? Finding shared characteristics.

the considering of two things with regard to some characteristic that is common to both - dictionary.com.

Common to both would be the stupidity, according to the video (or let's say how it seems to be interpreted). hence we have a comparison.

Guest jamesshot
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I love when people make sense. Gets me all hot and bothered. :lol:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I only wish she would have included the entire population of the US in the "get stupid" part. I swear, we are hemmoraging IQ points.

BTW- Hillary responded to the McCain ad about Obama not chosing her. She said: "I am Hillary Clinton and I do NOT approve this ad".

You go Madonna and you go Hillary. Voting for McCain will earn you a staring role in the "Get stupid" part.

Guest nothingfails0603

to be honest, the only people who will be offended by this already fell off the Madonna wagon with American Life. 2008 is a totally different era thankfully than 2003-2004 were, Bush was at the height of his power then and now he's the president with the lowest approval in history, lower than Nixon. It may not win back some of her Republican fans, but let's face it, anyone who turned against Madonna over the American Life video wasn't truly a fan to start with and can fuck off and listen to their Marshall Tucker Band cd's.

Guest jamesshot
to be honest, the only people who will be offended by this already fell off the Madonna wagon with American Life. 2008 is a totally different era thankfully than 2003-2004 were, Bush was at the height of his power then and now he's the president with the lowest approval in history, lower than Nixon. It may not win back some of her Republican fans, but let's face it, anyone who turned against Madonna over the American Life video wasn't truly a fan to start with and can fuck off and listen to their Marshall Tucker Band cd's.

You tell em!

Madonna is past the point of gaining those idiots back. And good riddance I say. They don't deserve to be her fans. Its not like they didn't understand she was always like this. Its funny how people can applaud her for "sticking it to Catholicism, the Pope, middle America..." and so on yet once their sensibilites get ruffled by her, they freak the fuck out. Its just too hysterical for words.

I would just like to add that the picture before McCain is that of Huckabee, another Republican who ran for the presidential nomination. He is the biggest homophobe you can find and has made many grossly anti-gay statements in the past.

Guest nothingfails0603
You tell em!

Madonna is past the point of gaining those idiots back. And good riddance I say. They don't deserve to be her fans. Its not like they didn't understand she was always like this. Its funny how people can applaud her for "sticking it to Catholicism, the Pope, middle America..." and so on yet once their sensibilites get ruffled by her, they freak the fuck out. Its just too hysterical for words.

outside of that one gay Republican in IGTTYAS, all of the "fans" she lost weren't people who would shell out to see her live or travel to see her. It seemed like all she lost were middle of the road people who own The Immaculate Collection and jumped on the Ray Of Light/Music bandwagon. And this is evident because while her album sales have declined significantly, her tours haven't hurt a single bit, because those fans aren't bandwagon enough to decide after twenty years of controversy including Sex books and religious controversies, that she somehow "went too far" by doing an anti-war video.

Don't you know what a comparison is? Finding shared characteristics.

the considering of two things with regard to some characteristic that is common to both - dictionary.com.

Common to both would be the stupidity, according to the video (or let's say how it seems to be interpreted). hence we have a comparison.

Well good then. She is comparing stupid people to other stupid people. NOT saying that McCain is a mass muderer guilty of genocide.

Guest boytoyville
You have a very, very extended definition of political my friend.

I can't believe this thing has erupted in a debate here. :lol:

I've heard this on the tv/radio a few times today and only one report mentioned Hitler, the other's just said she mocked McCain on the screens.

More people should recognize that politics extends to every aspect of ours lives,not just during an election year. Everything Madonna did with her efforts towards AIDS,supporting the gays,the SEX era etc...& on & on is very political. Most things are inherently political but it's always been more obvious with Madonna.

Now the ADL (the Anti-Defamation League) has condemned the McCain-Hitler linkage. The key thing to remember here is that the ADL is not a right-wing Republican group, but rather a liberal Jewish organization founded by Holocaust survivors:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/adl-...D&dist=hppr

ADL Condemns Madonna's Use of Hitler in Concert Photo Montage

Last update: 3:17 p.m. EDT Aug. 25, 2008

NEW YORK, Aug 25, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today condemned as "inappropriate and offensive" the use by Madonna of an image of Hitler as part of a concert photo montage that also included photos of John McCain, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, and Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe. The images were projected on a screen as Madonna launched her world tour with a live concert in Cardiff, Wales.

Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director and a Holocaust survivor, issued the following statement:

"Comparisons to Hitler have no place in a music concert, or in the presidential campaign.

Whatever Madonna's political or personal views, it is outrageous to invoke Nazi imagery in the context of John McCain's candidacy or to make a comment on American political leadership.

It is inappropriate and offensive to compare any current or former world leaders with the man ultimately responsible for the death of six million Jews and the suffering of countless others during the Holocaust. Doing so trivializes the history of the Holocaust and is an insult to the memories of the victims and their families."

The Anti-Defamation League, founded in 1913, is the world's leading organization fighting anti-Semitism through programs and services that counteract hatred, prejudice and bigotry.

SOURCE Anti-Defamation League

http://www.adl.org

Copyright © 2008 PR Newswire. All rights reserved

The ADL is a phoney organization who said awhile back that they do not recognize the "Armenian Genocide" and it never happened when its a historical fact.. Their hypocrites and should not be commenting on Madonna being offensive.

Now the ADL (the Anti-Defamation League) has condemned the McCain-Hitler linkage. The key thing to remember here is that the ADL is not a right-wing Republican group, but rather a liberal Jewish organization founded by Holocaust survivors:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/adl-...D&dist=hppr

ADL Condemns Madonna's Use of Hitler in Concert Photo Montage

Last update: 3:17 p.m. EDT Aug. 25, 2008

NEW YORK, Aug 25, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today condemned as "inappropriate and offensive" the use by Madonna of an image of Hitler as part of a concert photo montage that also included photos of John McCain, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, and Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe. The images were projected on a screen as Madonna launched her world tour with a live concert in Cardiff, Wales.

Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director and a Holocaust survivor, issued the following statement:

"Comparisons to Hitler have no place in a music concert, or in the presidential campaign.

Whatever Madonna's political or personal views, it is outrageous to invoke Nazi imagery in the context of John McCain's candidacy or to make a comment on American political leadership.

It is inappropriate and offensive to compare any current or former world leaders with the man ultimately responsible for the death of six million Jews and the suffering of countless others during the Holocaust. Doing so trivializes the history of the Holocaust and is an insult to the memories of the victims and their families."

The Anti-Defamation League, founded in 1913, is the world's leading organization fighting anti-Semitism through programs and services that counteract hatred, prejudice and bigotry.

SOURCE Anti-Defamation League

http://www.adl.org

Copyright © 2008 PR Newswire. All rights reserved

Guest nothingfails0603

funny that the ADL bitches anti-Semitism from the woman who brought Kaballah to the mainstream

Man, why didn't they go after South Park? I mean, there were several episodes where we see how much Cartman admires Hitler

Guest boytoyville

They don't like Madonna for Kabballah. A lot of the Jewish community is offended by the idea of "ordinary" people using Kabballah. So whatever. I still don't get why people think she is directly compairing McCain to Hitler lol. It's like one news organization says that & everybody believes that interpretation. Man the media is scary sometimes....

I WONDER WHICH REPUBLICAN FAG WAS WATCHING THE YOUTUBE CLIPS SAT NIGHT. CUZ THAT HOLE SHIT IS SO BLINK N YOULL MISS IT. THE MEDIA IS SO SHALL WE SAY "STUPID". DO THEY EVEN CHECK FACTS ANYMORE? CAN'T THEY JUST GOOGLE THAT SHIT AND REALIZE HOW THIS HOLE SHIT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. IS NOT LIKE SHE HAD A HUGE PIC OF MCCAINE THEN A BIG ASS = AND THEN A PIC OF HITLER. IT WAS A MONTAGE. M/H WEREN'T THE ONLY TWO FIGURES SHOWN. AND WE THOUGHT MADONNA HAD THE BIG EGO. THATS WHY I DON'T WATCH THE NEWS. GET STUPID? WE ALREADY ARE. OH AND LOL AT THIS WHOLE THREAD ESPECIALLY THE YOUTUBE GUY CALLING MADONNA A SEX KITTEN LOL

Guest waiting

Well, after seeing the video you have to admit she kinda threw McCain in with the less favorable people in history... I don't think she was trying to say he was as bad as Hitler, but she certainly didn't shed him in a favorable light. Personally I could do without her political and religious messages in her concerts but its best not to make such a big deal out of it. It's not like she is going to effectively convert her legions of queens to share her views, most don't practice Kabballah I'm sure.

I do have to say that showing dictators along with McCain is sort of a comparison in the sense of "birds of a feather."

Personally, I don't think McCain should even be mentioned in the same league as Hitler, but I would never vote for him. This really should be taken in context though - it is a pop concert and not CNN Crossfire.

The Anti-Defamation League can suck it though. They didn't complain when she showed Hitler on The Confessions Tour interlude along side Bush. Many Jewish voters like McCain, that's why they are pissed.

More people should recognize that politics extends to every aspect of ours lives,not just during an election year.

Agree. I love when people tell me they are not into politics. To not be into politics to me means to not have an opinion on anything. Thats kind of impossible.

Guest jamesshot

McCain might as well be as bad as Hitler. He supported and encouraged the Iraq War, killing and maiming hundred of thousands. For what? Exactly.

So its not OK for Hitler to try and rid the world of Jews yet it is OK for McCain to support policies that resulted in an illegal war that has killed and maimed hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's and Americans? How many people suffer do to this war?

Yes, Madonna may have been spot on with this.