Material Girl Leaves Doubters In The Dust For Biggest Tour Of 2008

LoveBoxx

More than a million tickets already sold

Madonna fans have turned out in record numbers for her world tour, concert promoter Live Nation Inc said on Thursday, seeking to knock down reports the Material Girl is losing her appeal.

The Los Angeles company said Madonna had sold more than one million tickets - over 90 percent of those available - for Madonna's 42-date global 'Sticky & Sweet' tour, which kicks off in Cardiff, Wales on August 23.

The Confessions Tour sold about 1.2 million tickets. If Madonna adds more shows (as expected) in Argentina, Chile and Brazil - I think it is safe to say that she'll do much more than 1.2 million. Flop tour my ass...

Meanwhile,Janet's tour isn't doing very well.She hasn't soldout anywhere and she hasn't even scheduled additional dates.She's gonna be playing alot of one-nighters on her tour.

The Confessions Tour sold about 1.2 million tickets. If Madonna adds more shows (as expected) in Argentina, Chile and Brazil - I think it is safe to say that she'll do much more than 1.2 million. Flop tour my ass...

True, the stadiums in Rio and Sao Pablo hold about 120,000 and 90,000 ppl, the river plate stadium in Buenos Aires has a capacity of almost 70,000.

Well on CT she used 12 dancers but for "Jump" 3-4 more were added for parkour. Maybe for Sticky & Sweet there is going to be a number that has some special dancers, or something like that. And it's very possible that not more than 10-12 will be on stage at the same time anyway.
For me this is more reason to miss Donna and Niki. The seven dancer format with Donna and Niki was fool proof.

Dont know if its been posted yet but there is a small article in RollingStone this month about the summer tours and how many are not selling too well and they think its because the economy is in the crapper, but it goes on to mention that Madonna's tour is one of the ones NOT being hurt by this. She better worship her gays and our diposable income I tell ya. :dramatic:

New Celine Numbers:

1 Celine Dion Sportpaleis

Antwerp, Belgium

May 13-14, 16, 2008

$7,619,814

45,352 /

3 /

$231.95, $185.56, $139.17, $69.58

C-Live

True, the stadiums in Rio and Sao Pablo hold about 120,000 and 90,000 ppl, the river plate stadium in Buenos Aires has a capacity of almost 70,000.

For concerts River Plate holds about 55,000-60,000.

For concerts River Plate holds about 55,000-60,000.

U2,Michael Jackson,Rolling Stone's just to name a few,played for more than 64,000 ppl.

130-dates... NOW THAT'S GROSS!!!! :tongue:

Why the FUCK is that gross? If only Madonna could commit to doing a proper world tour and hitting all markets. Is it because you want Madonna to have another meaningless record? I don't understand you people.

Why the FUCK is that gross? If only Madonna could commit to doing a proper world tour and hitting all markets. Is it because you want Madonna to have another meaningless record? I don't understand you people.

Don't waste your breath on mtzlplk - he is the token lamb of MadonnaNation, after all.

Come to think of it he's wasted on Madonna; he really should be a Mimi fan. Uh huh uh huh baby.

Don't waste your breath on mtzlplk - he is the token lamb of MadonnaNation, after all.

Come to think of it he's wasted on Madonna; he really should be a Mimi fan. Uh huh uh huh baby.

:fuckoff:

at least u cud spell my name right... you're not a moron after all...

Why the FUCK is that gross?

it's gross because she's acting like she doesn't have a family to tend to...

* now where are those goofy celine pics... with tongue out *

it's gross because she's acting like she doesn't have a family to tend to...

* now where are those goofy celine pics... with tongue out *

Oh PLEASE. Her son and husband are travelling with her. Let's see what Madonna will do while she's bleeding her fans dry in November while her precious kids are in school.

U2,Michael Jackson,Rolling Stone's just to name a few,played for more than 64,000 ppl.

Where those boxscore numbers or an approximation by the local media? Their approximations that they post in tour reviews are usually not similar to the actual boxscore numbers.

:fuckoff:

at least u cud spell my name right... you're not a moron after all...

Well your username is a nonsensical concoction of letters, much like everything you post really, so what did you expect? You should feel privileged that I referred to you in the first place.

Well your username is a nonsensical concoction of letters, much like everything you post really, so what did you expect? You should feel privileged that I referred to you in the first place.

privileged? PUHHHLEEEASEE... as usual, you would have no idea where that username came from... typical...

Dont know if its been posted yet but there is a small article in RollingStone this month about the summer tours and how many are not selling too well and they think its because the economy is in the crapper, but it goes on to mention that Madonna's tour is one of the ones NOT being hurt by this. She better worship her gays and our diposable income I tell ya. :dramatic:

AGREE!!!! very much :thumbsup:

Where those boxscore numbers or an approximation by the local media? Their approximations that they post in tour reviews are usually not similar to the actual boxscore numbers.

Aerosmith, Evanescence

April 15, 2007 at Estadio River Plate, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Gross sales of $3,892,393

Ticket prices: $102, $22.67

Attendance: 71,871 Capacity: 72,000

Number of shows: 1

Number of sell-out shows: 0

Promoter: CIE

Aerosmith, Evanescence

April 15, 2007 at Estadio River Plate, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Gross sales of $3,892,393

Ticket prices: $102, $22.67

Attendance: 71,871 Capacity: 72,000

Number of shows: 1

Number of sell-out shows: 0

Promoter: CIE

Was that a center stage? Where did you get those #'s from?