Australian PM Scott Morrison under fire for handling of rape scandal

horn

9 minutes ago, Creepy Insane Person said:

I like him simply because of the far generous government payments we receive hehe 

I’m not paying rent and am able to live like a king in Melbourne and splash on everything as well as save a huge amount of money each time without going to work so I’m happy. Thanks Scomo

Don’t praise Scomo for that.  He has let unemployed people live on below poverty rates for years with no raise in payments for decades. It is only because rich and middle class people are also affected by Covid, that his right wing government have brought in Jobseeker and Jobkeeper.  The ALP would of brought that in too. Labor got Australia through the GFC  by giving stimulus payments. The Liberals were against it at the time. Australia was one of the very few countries to get through the GFC not going in recession. 

i totally agree with Jobkeeper and Jobseeker new rates as everyone should support each other through Covid. However, watch him screw the unemployed big time when Jobkeeper is over. It will be back to them living well below the poverty line and he will take away penalty rates etc for essential workers who got the country through the pandemic. Just watch and see 

8 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Don’t praise Scomo for that.  He has let unemployed people live on below poverty rates for years with no raise in payments for decades. It is only because rich and middle class people are also affected by Covid, that his right wing government have brought in Jobseeker and Jobkeeper.  The ALP would of brought that in too. Labor got Australia through the GFC  by giving stimulus payments. The Liberals were against it at the time. Australia was one of the very few countries to get through the GFC not going in recession. 

i totally agree with Jobkeeper and Jobseeker new rates as everyone should support each other through Covid. However, watch him screw the unemployed big time when Jobkeeper is over. It will be back to them living well below the poverty line and he will take away penalty rates etc for essential workers who got the country through the pandemic. Just watch and see 

Yeah I hate liberals (except for our beloved lady Gladys hehe) 

I guess it’s also because I’ve always been living at home with my parents that ive never struggled or had any issues even on the old Newstart rate so the new payments increases was just a huge bonus for me. I had saved up lots of money from the Newstart rate so the new payments really just accelerated that.

Just sucks that Melbourne is so hard to find a good job for many people (and even Sydney to). 

14 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Oh another goodish thing about Scomo was simply the fact he sat back and let all the premiers take the leads in regards to lock downs and closed borders. He also closed international borders which is a good thing otherwise we would have still been in the US-UK-Canada numbers. Tony Abbot was against closed international borders, lock downs and preventing people from leaving the country! 

I want labour back. Sadly, even labour didn’t the Newstart rates back in 2008 either. 

22 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Oh I’m also living with family in Melbourne hence not paying rent or bills 

19 minutes ago, Creepy Insane Person said:

Yeah I hate liberals (except for our beloved lady Gladys hehe) 

I guess it’s also because I’ve always been living at home with my parents that ive never struggled or had any issues even on the old Newstart rate so the new payments increases was just a huge bonus for me. I had saved up lots of money from the Newstart rate so the new payments really just accelerated that.

Just sucks that Melbourne is so hard to find a good job for many people (and even Sydney to). 

Hang in there ❤️ Melbourne will open up big time again. . A good job will be on your horizon.  Stay with your parents for a while. Family support is a fantastic thing. Many of young people I know live with their family and are very happy 

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Hang in there ❤️ Melbourne will open up big time again. . A good job will be on your horizon.  Stay with your parents for a while. Family support is a fantastic thing. Many of young people I know live with their family and are very happy 

Thanks 🙂

I graduated from uni end of 2019 majoring in marketing and public relations. Couldn’t find a job in that area as it’s just soooo competitive. I would apply for jobs in the Uk or US etc but I’ve never travelled or lived outside of Australia before so I would be too scared to leave my comfort zone of Australian soil. But I think every country is having the same problem anyway especially post covid. Being a youth sucks in this day and age.

I’m part of the youth unemployment problem as I don’t have much work experience and getting into the corporate world is so hard so applying for anything even remotely close, like call centre jobs and admin etc. 

Wow! The liberal party - our conservatives - got absolutely obliterated by Labor in the Western Australia state election last night.  State elections often have different results to Federal elections but this was a massive loss.  Victoria, Queensland and now Western Australia have all got Labor in easily so hope that is a sign that Scott Morrison will suffer the same fate Federally. 

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Wow! The liberal party - our conservatives - got absolutely obliterated by Labor in the Western Australia state election last night.  State elections often have different results to Federal elections but this was a massive loss.  Victoria, Queensland and now Western Australia have all got Labor in easily so hope that is a sign that Scott Morrison will suffer the same fate Federally. 

Good morning