Georgia woman attacked by another shopper in Walmart bread aisle

what the hell

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/georgia-woman-attacked-shopper-walmart-bread-aisle-article-1.2992078

Georgia woman attacked by another shopper in Walmart bread aisle

BY  DAVID BOROFF 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 1:51 PM

5y97bk.jpg

A 75-year-old great-grandmother was brutally attacked inside a Georgia Walmart.

The bread aisle at Walmart turned out to be a treacherous place for a 75-year-old Georgia woman who was assaulted by another shopper.

The great-grandmother, who did not want to be identified, said she was repeatedly punched in the face while buying food in the Atlanta area on Sunday morning.

"I thought I was safe. I'm in Walmart," the woman told WSB.

The victim was using a mobility scooter to get around when another woman, who would be identified as Alexis Venderburg, almost collided with her. It all went downhill from there.

"I thought she was going to go around," the great-grandmother told 11 Alive. "She looked at me and she said, 'I want to get some bread, white [expletive].' I said, 'Well excuse me.'"

The woman responded to Venderburg, "No, you move out the way" and also used another expletive, according to the station.

Venderburg started following her. "There wasn't anybody in the aisle, and the next thing you know she was jumping on me," the victim told 11 Alive.

"She kept socking me in my glasses, and then hitting me in my mouth," the victim continued. "I started hollering, 'Help, help.'"

The woman, seen with a heavily-bruised face and arms during TV interviews, was stunned that no one at the Walmart came to her assistance.

Venderburg fled, but returned to the Walmart when she realized she did not have her phone — it ended up in the victim's possession during the attack. She could not get her phone back, and fled Walmart once again, according to reports.

The suspect was identified as Venderburg after cops inspected her phone, and she is being sought by police.

In a statement to 11 Alive, Walmart said it was "disappointed a customer would treat another customer with such disrespect. We'll work with law enforcement as they search for the person responsible and want to wish the victim a speedy recovery."

Shocking.

You can't even shop peacefully nowadays without the possibility of being attacked. At least they're pressing charges against the woman. (Thanks to her dropping her phone).