I was watching Cobain/CourtneyLove and I could only think of this:

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest eroticerotic

i love Kurt and Courtney. It's horrible what drugs and fame, can do to talent. :(

i hope courtney is off drugs. She seems to be now.

The good thing about Madonna is that she didn't set out to be a singer. She wanted to be a dancer. I find that so ironic because dancers are not usually celebrity. So she didn't really have stars in her eyes. I think,,, if you want to be a celebrity for the sake of being one, and don't wise up soon enough, it's a recipe for disaster!

so sad...i'm surprised she made it through all that....i don't think madonna was being flippant there, she doesn't know them...she's had her own hardships with people she loved die from drugs as well.

Guest Pud Whacker

so sad...i'm surprised she made it through all that....i don't think madonna was being flippant there, she doesn't know them...she's had her own hardships with people she loved die from drugs as well.

i dont think she was being flippant, at all. she had her run in with courtney because they wanted to sign her to maverick. she had just put ingrid in rehab for cocaine abuse, was trying to get her bloated brother chris in there and anthony was a lost cause and lets not forget martin.

but drug stumps are always a disgusting display.

I don't think it was flippant. I remember watching it at the time and thinking "why are they asking her this?"

I think drug abuse is a mysterious subject for Madonna. She has never allowed herself, probably because of the way her brain is wired, to fall into that trap. Her occupation puts her at an extremely high risk for it as well. I think the shoulder shrug was because she will never understand how a person becomes an addict.

Guest Pud Whacker

I don't think it was flippant. I remember watching it at the time and thinking "why are they asking her this?"

I think drug abuse is a mysterious subject for Madonna. She has never allowed herself, probably because of the way her brain is wired, to fall into that trap. Her occupation puts her at an extremely high risk for it as well. I think the shoulder shrug was because she will never understand how a person becomes an addict.

i thought so, too.

or why are they asking me this?

inappropriate question for sure.. Kurt was unbelievably talented. Got nothing to do with M.

sure she had some of her own addicts to take care of. I hadnt thought of it. Her Miami days must have been heavy on her...

Guest Rocco Papa

She talked about both of them in Spin Magazine in 1996:

What do you think of Courtney Love?

[Laughs] I knew you were going to ask me that question.

So you probably have a statement prepared.

I do. I do. I rehearsed it. No, I think she’s supremely talented. I really do. When Maverick first started, we tried to sign her. But I think that drugs have destroyed her brain, or they are slowly destroying her. I am fascinated by her, but the same way I am by somebody who’s got Tourette’s syndrome walking in Central Park. I want to stop and just watch their human behaviour. She fascinates me on that level. I don’t know. I feel sorry for her. I really do, and I know if she reads this, she’ll be slagging me off online for the next eight months. I do think she knows not what she says.
It’s true for old people who go around spewing venom on people, that deep down inside, they’re hurt, they’re sad, lonely, whatever. Kurt Loder interviewed me after the MTV Awards, after I won some award, and I was sitting up on a platform on the street. About five minutes into the interview, a compact went sailing over my head. I thought someone on the street was throwing things at me. And I hear this gravelly voice, and then we looked down and it’s Courtney, and she’s throwing makeup out of her purse at us, and it’s just missing our heads. And Kurt invites her up.
Now, I know Kurt invited her up because there’s all this hyped-up bullshit how we have been feuding for years and years, and I think he wanted to see a catfight. She was babbling about 25 different things. And at one point, she did grab my arm and said something to me like. ” ’94 sucked, but ’95’s going to be better, isn’t it?” And in that ono moment I looked in her eyes and felt her vulnerability and her sadness and I felt bad for her. I felt that she was trying to reach out to me, even though at every chance she gets, she slags me off in the press. Years ago, she probably admired me and looked up to me, and now I’m like a parent to her or something, and she wants to destroy me. So, that’s what I think about Courtney [laughs].

What did you think of Kurt Cobain and his songwriting?

I thought, he’s really talented. I respect him as an artist. I never met him. He wasn’t really around long enough for me to really sink my teeth into. You know, it’s too bad that he couldn’t find something to hang onto. I suppose in a lot of ways those two are cosmically meant for each other, lust the shitload of self-loathing, you know?

http://allaboutmadonna.com/madonna-library/madonna-interview-spin-january-1996

She talked about both of them in Spin Magazine in 1996:

http://allaboutmadonna.com/madonna-library/madonna-interview-spin-january-1996

Brilliant words and accurate description. She said nothing that even a doctor wouldn't say about Courtney, analysing her behaviour. Not "bitchy" remarks at all, just the accurate truth ad she doesn't hold a PHD in psychiatry

The woman was cutting in her interview, trying to get attention by throwing an object at her. Obviously Kurt Loder played along with Love's game. It's TV, Madonna was ace in this when she could have been annoyed as fuck instead

I loved how blunt and honest she was in that interview. Didn't try to say her and Courtney were BFFs or anything. But what she said was spot on.

:thumbsup:

I do think she knows not what she says.

It’s true for old people who go around spewing venom on people, that deep down inside, they’re hurt, they’re sad, lonely, whatever. Kurt Loder interviewed me after the MTV Awards, after I won some award, and I was sitting up on a platform on the street. About five minutes into the interview, a compact went sailing over my head. I thought someone on the street was throwing things at me. And I hear this gravelly voice, and then we looked down and it’s Courtney, and she’s throwing makeup out of her purse at us, and it’s just missing our heads. And Kurt invites her up.
Now, I know Kurt invited her up because there’s all this hyped-up bullshit how we have been feuding for years and years, and I think he wanted to see a catfight. She was babbling about 25 different things. And at one point, she did grab my arm and said something to me like. ” ’94 sucked, but ’95’s going to be better, isn’t it?” And in that ono moment I looked in her eyes and felt her vulnerability and her sadness and I felt bad for her. I felt that she was trying to reach out to me, even though at every chance she gets, she slags me off in the press.

The paradox, an even split

Inappropriate question for sure.. Kurt was unbelievably talented. Got nothing to do with M.

sure she had some of her own addicts to take care of. I hadnt thought of it. Her Miami days must have been heavy on her...

I was wondering if Ingrid ever had any problems with drugs

She seems to be the only remaining friend from her "Miami days" in the early to mid 90s

Lourdes+Leon+David+Banda+Ritchie+Madonna

madonnaalmare2.jpg

Cattura_zpsykhcaf6r.jpg