Live Aid 1985 (MTV Reel) including unseen foootage!

dubtronic

Its amazing how porcelain pale she remains throughout the performance. And she allover the stage dancing.

Those were the days tan+rouge. she always stands out!

yes. the producers said, "shes just a dancer" and she was the only one who came and idd a dance routine! imagine that now? everyone would have a routine and background dancers...

I kinda felt that vibe this year at the grammys, her performance was pretty much the only big number with dancers, costumes, and that finale...

I love the way you can see everyone backstage just looking at her perform ,sort of fixated...

I also love the way shes preparing herself right before the show, totally believing in herself as an artist, focused, knowing that probably 85% of the performers there thought of her as a flash in the pan and a bimbo...it's like she totally knew what she was in for...

Wow so cool seeing her perform LMTWGR before True Blue was released and before she completely changed her image. When I listen to True Blue album I always vision short blonde hair Madonna.

Yes!

This was the first song she ever wrote with Pat Leonard - who she had hired as Musical Director of the Virgin Tour that year and who of course went on to co-write many of the best songs of her career!

One of the 1985 VT bandmembers shared the original LMTWGR demo a few years ago - which was also fascinating to hear. And I'm so glad she went on to record this song for "True Blue" cos it's such a stunning feel-good tune.

In the UK and Europe, the Live Aid TV broadcast cut back to Wembley Stadium before Madonna's set had ended - so no-one here got to see the full LMTWGR - in fact it was maybe 10 years later until I heard / saw it (thanks to the net).

How wonderful reliving Madonna at live Aid. Scrapple, brilliant that you were there. I also remember that floral pants came right into fashion after Madonna at live Aid. She was and still is such a superstar.