Listening to American Life...

Guest Pud Whacker

This album is a masterpiece! I love it from the first track to the last one :inlove: :inlove:

The Holy Trinity of Pop :drama:

1435583319-american-life-madonna-08072101435583109-mi0000807458.jpg1435583165-m-e1434562302419.jpg

Every tour i'm hoping for 'Easy Ride' to be performed......maybe this time round. I think it would be a very dramatic, theatrical performance with a very coolending when the instrumental end of the track kicks in..

I struck a nerve.

???

You're so cute with your sensitivity about this silly album. I think the nerve was struck with you. :lol: you're virtually the only person on here who doesn't like Rebel Heart...so if Madonna sucks so bad now, you're basically forced to live in the past and for that I'm sorry for you :chuckle:

...if Madonna sucks so bad now, you're basically forced to live in the past and for that I'm sorry for you :chuckle:

I feel sorry for you carrying on like a Manet fan when the latest music is lackluster. American Life is the last genuine risk she has taken musically.

I feel sorry for you carrying on like a Manet fan when the latest music is lackluster. American Life is the last genuine risk she has taken musically.

If liking her latest music means we're all as pathetic as Janet Jackson fans (your words), then maybe the best thing for you to do is move on, since you have superior taste (LMAO) and have no reason to mingle with us :)

American Life was a musical risk. You commend her for taking the risk, not for writing good songs, which is basically all you do for pretty much everything. If Madonna released an album of vaginal queefing set to a melody and everyone hated it, you'd say you loved it. You even named Alien 3 as your favorite Fincher movie. Even he hates it. Clearly there's a pattern with you :lmao:

Yeah 'cause Madonna/Like A Virgin/True Blue/Like A Prayer/Erotic/Bedtime Stories were all huge risks musically. It sucks to see this woman who gave us Vespertine and Medulla turning into a basic pop star :rotfl:

She has only like THREE "risky" album ffs :newspaper:

One could even make the argument that in the wake of Music's success, American Life was not really a risky album at all. Same producer, a lot of the same "flavors" sonically, and very safe and pedestrian lyrical content that wasn't really political at all - the themes were all Kabbalistic mantras about the ego or about fame not "being what it seems" (wow, we haven't heard that ). So what was the risk? The rap on American Life? Yeah it was a risk alright, it was a risk to put out something so shit as your lead single. I guess Give Me All Your Luvin' was a risk too.

Or maybe it was the yanked music video that was the risk?

If anything Music was a way riskier album that luckily had 2 really solid singles that sold it. And people embraced it becuz the risks she took paid off; the music was pretty unique and still sounds unique even today.

So how about that? You can look at it that way, tbh. :queenbitch:

And full disclosure I like American Life, I like all of Madonna's albums. But of all 13 of them, it's easily her most pretentious and hookless work. She was neck deep in Guy Ritchie and Kabbalah at the time and it shows. But it's part of her evolution. I respect it, but I see it as the launching point for her renaissance in COADF. Thank god for Love Profusion and Die Another Day, which I think are amazing songs.