Madonna on Acclaimed Music

Guest HaveASit

Guest HaveASit

Acclaimed Music is a site which compiles best-year-end lists and best-of-all-times lists from professional critics creating a ranking of the most recommended music ever created.

Top Artists

The artist ranking is based on the positions for the artists' acclaimed albums and songs.

Madonna is at number 23 on the best artists of all time list, the number 1 female artist.

1- The Beatles

2- Bob Dylan

3- The Rolling Stones

4- David Bowie

5- Bruce Springsteen

6- Radiohead

7- Elvis Presley

8- Neil Young

9- Prince

10- R.E.M.

11- The Beach Boys

12- U2

13- Led Zeppelin

14- The Who

15- The Velvet Underground

16- Marvin Gaye

17- Jimi Hendrix

18- The Clash

19- Kanye West

20- Elvis Costello

21- Miles Davis

22- Nirvana

23- Madonna

24- Pink Floyd

25- Stevie Wonder

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/

(None of the flop divas and princesses is on the top 200 :chuckle:)

Guest gang bang

Fuck! again Nirvana ahead of her? at least this time they didn't put Beyawnce ahead of her or very close :laugh:

Beyonce is great , but MADONNA IS MORE TALENTED ..VERSATILE ...

The real performer ,. musician

There are two threads- one dedicated to albums and one to songs (there was a 2014 update):

Albums: http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=47293

Tracks: http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=47292

There will be more list additions that feature M added in 2015.

M is ranked higher with the 2014 update, thanks to a change in formula to include all tracks (not just those in the top 3,000). She had been ranked around No. 50.

That's cool, although I wouldn't give such lists too much credibility. I mean, let's not deny that music critics, after all, have their own personal preference in music too and there's always some lack of objectivity in music reviews - sometimes more, sometimes less, but how recommendable you consider an album / song still comes down to your personal liking.

For example, I for sure would not rate Kanye West's work higher than the artists who inspired him (and the whole music scene of today) in the first place - Madonna and Michael.

So, in this regard, such a list surely is interesting to look at, but I find it absolutely meaningless.

She is far more talented and successful than to be as down as number 23. But still, girl power!!

Guest HaveASit

There are two threads- one dedicated to albums and one to songs (there was a 2014 update):

Albums: http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=47293

Tracks: http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=47292

There will be more list additions that feature M added in 2015.

Thanks for this, but I coundn't find on your topics a ranking for the Top Artists

Guest HaveASit

She is far more talented and successful than to be as down as number 23. But still, girl power!!

I think this is a great postion, she is above artists like MJ and Joni Mitchel

Guest gang bang

That's cool, although I wouldn't give such lists too much credibility. I mean, let's not deny that music critics, after all, have their own personal preference in music too and there's always some lack of objectivity in music reviews - sometimes more, sometimes less, but how recommendable you consider an album / song still comes down to your personal liking.

For example, I for sure would not rate Kanye West's work higher than the artists who inspired him (and the whole music scene of today) in the first place - Madonna and Michael.

So, in this regard, such a list surely is interesting to look at, but I find it absolutely meaningless.

well I don t know Kanye , but its not about if an artist inspired other artists ,for example , pariah inspired a lot of singers , but she is not so talented , yes she was a great singer , but a horrible performer ..THE WORST, awful interpreter ,bad artist on video , mediocre songwriter and producer ..REDUCTIVE ..

Mj was a great dancer , but a bad singer , reductive performer, musician , yes his videos were good , BUT NOT BECAUSE HIM , because the GIMMICKS in a big part ...as well his performances , he always used to need holograms , effects , unlike Madonna had and has an amazing artistry ..she is a real talent.....AS A MUSICIAN-SONGWRITER - PRODUCER , PERFORMER , INTERPRETER AND ARTIST ON VIDEO

really MJ shouldn t be on top 50, well is my opinion...

well I don t know Kanye , but its not about if an artist inspired other artists ,for example , pariah inspired a lot of singer , but she is not so talented , yes she was a great singer , but a horrible performer ..THE WORST, awful interpreter ,bad artist on video , mediocre songwriter and producer ..REDUCTIVE ..

Mj was a great dancer , but a bad singer , reductive performer, musician , yes his videos were good , BUT NOT BECAUSE HIM , because the GIMMICKS in a big part ...as well his performances , he always used to need holograms , effects , unlike Madonna had , and has an amazing artistry ..she is a real talent.....AS A MUSICIAN AND PERFORMER AND ARTIST ON VIDEO

really MJ shouldn t be on top 50

If an album has inspired other artists, I surely would take this into account when rating this particular album. And regarding Michael, that is your opinion, it doesn't make it more or less factual than mine (I'd completely disagree with you) or any other for that matter.

I for example would also never place Elvis in such a list because no matter how popular he is, he contributed nothing to making his music so acclaimed, all he did was laying his vocals on it. Then again, I'm sure many would disagree with me on this, which is fine.

Not to mention M herself is badly placed as well IMO, like everyone else mentioned we can bet she'd be so much higher if it wasn't for the sexism which is undeniably present in many music reviews.

Really, it all comes down to your personal liking, attitude, experience etc...There simply is no pure objectiveness in music reviews.

Guest gang bang

Im not saying that Mj was not talented ,he was , HE WAS A GREAT DANCER,, ok performer , but not so much talented like Madonna , or Prince , real artists ,

yes an artist needs production , but you can t think about Mj ,without gimmicks , SO MUCH PRODUCTION ....

compare Vogue video with Thriller , Black or withe videos , etc , Madonna s videos and performances WERE MORE HER AND THEY HAD MORE ARTISTRY , while Mj were more effects ...

Elvis was a great dancer too , real performer , better singer than MJ , and he could play the guitar ,unlike Mj couldn t play an instrument....

for sure Elvis was more talented than MJ ,

There are some acts- Elvis, Aretha Franklin, etc.- who didn't contribute much to the composition of their music, that are revered and regarded very highly. Just as there are some who do co-write/co-produce, that aren't as highly regarded. So, the role one plays in the composition of their music isn't necessarily a key factor for the act's level of acclaim.

Madonna has played an integral role in her music, but her reverence is about much more than that.

This list really shows how sexist music critics can be. Madonna should be in the top 5 and the fact that the first female to appear is at 23 is quite appalling really.

Yeah, absolutely that's the case. I would put Madonna higher than Nirvana and Kanye. Maybe also Elvis. I'm really shocked she was placed higher than Pink Floyd. I don't know why R.E.M. and Elvis Costello are even on the list (of top 25 anyway). I've come across some of their songs and liked them, but really??

Im not saying that Mj was not talented ,he was , HE WAS A GREAT DANCER,, ok performer , but not so much talented like Madonna , or Prince , real artists ,

yes an artist needs production , but you can t think about Mj ,without gimmicks , SO MUCH PRODUCTION ....

compare Vogue video with Thriller , Black or withe videos , etc , Madonna s videos and performances WERE MORE HER AND THEY HAD MORE ARTISTRY , while Mj were more effects ...

Elvis was a great dancer too , real performer , better singer than MJ , and he could play the guitar ,unlike Mj couldn t play an instrument....

for sure Elvis was more talented than MJ ,

I'm sorry, but you haven't gotten me. My point was that music reviews are objective. Everyone has their own personal preference in music and opinions on certain artists, music critics included. They're not much more objective or less subjective than (almost) anyone else.

What you've just said about Elvis and Michael is exactly that too. An opinion. You think in this way, I think in a different way. Perfectly ok.

And that's why such lists ranking supposedly acclaimed artists are non-sense. Once again, whether you consider an artist's work recommendable depends on your personal taste and attitude.

This list really shows how sexist music critics can be. Madonna should be in the top 5 and the fact that the first female to appear is at 23 is quite appalling really.

Well the homophobic and cross dressing Prince reached number nine!

Well the homophobic and cross dressing Prince reached number nine!

what? he's a homophobic?...like really? but he's more princess than a prince at various levels...intereseting :laugh:

Exactly. I don't give these lists much credence either, but the only woman and at 23?

Fuuuuck you, my men.