Mooncrown11

Sooner+or+Later.jpg

"Sooner Or Later"

Sooner or later you're gonna be mine,
Sooner or later you're gonna be fine.
Baby, it's time that you face it,
I always get my man.

Sooner or later you're gonna decide,
Sooner or later there's nowhere to hide.
Baby, it's time, so why waste it in chatter?
Let's settle the matter.

Baby, you're mine on a platter,
I always get my man.

But if you insist, babe, the challenge delights me.
The more you resist, babe, the more it excites me.
And no one I've kissed, babe, ever fights me again.
If you're on my list, it's just a question of when.

When I get a yen, then baby, Amen.
I'm counting to ten, and then ...

I'm gonna love you like nothing you've known,
I'm gonna love you, and you all alone.
Sooner is better than later but lover,
I'll hover, I'll plan.

This time I'm not only getting, I'm holding my man
Though she had gained a lot of critical respect with the Like A Prayer album , many didn't believe she could pull off something as challenging as Soundheim - those people couldn't have been more wrong. Not only does she pull it off, but she makes the song her own as if it was specifically written for her and when you hear her sing it, you can't imagine anyone else doing it justice. Her vocal is phenomenal here, rising from a sexy purr to a full-throated growl and back again. Her delivery is also spot on - not only capturing the spirit of Breathless Mahoney but also a bit of her own celebrity persona as well. Of course, one cannot think of this song without also thinking of the absolutely showstopping performance from the Academy Awards. Despite being visibly nervous, she absolutely owns the performance and the stage and left no doubts about her vocal and performance abilities.
What do you think of this song?

Honestly the Academy Awards was icnonic and all but her best vocals would be druing the Blonde Ambition tour in Japan she nailed it there so much

as for the song.. well this songs is me when I eye a man, like a sly fox. Love it

absolutely love this song from one of my favs ALBUMS...

i couldn't even chose a "favourite vocal part"....there are so many in just one song....how she says "i always GET my maaan" to the "let's settle the matter" to "And no one I've kissed, babe, ever fights me again (here she totally delivers and you feel she really believes what she's singing and give you thrills....)"

I love this song and the way Madonna sings it. I am a huge Sondheim fan and was thrilled that Madonna nailed his songs. Her performance at the Oscars was similar to her Superbowl performance in that it made non-fans sit up and admire her talent. I still think it was the best musical performance I had ever seen at the Oscars. Star quality like no-other.

I remember i was so disappointed watching Dick Tracy because they kept cutting the scene of her Sooner or Later performance...

The Oscars was her best live performance in terms of vocals ever. Makes me a very proud fan! I also missed that early 90's voice.

Guest bluejean

Love the Yokohama vocal performance but the Oscars is IT.

Those versions taped from TV are rough. I wish we had an official release of that audio! I mean honestly, the performance belongs on a Box Set. Or a compilation DVD. It's mammoth. THE version of that song.