Was Hard Candy ahead of its time?

Lymon

:huh: :huh: :huh:

AL: production is briliant!

if you dont like the songs is one thing but mirwais and madonna did really good thing together.

the sound is perfectly clean and consitent. her voice or music. if you listen music on your shitty headphones you can see how mirwais or whoever played with sound so intelegent.

i dont know from what planet you are. if it wasnt political it would be praised by critics. trust me. the worst thing that happen to her is that she step back since then. since then she has issues about be careless. COADF was good...but...HC was good...but....MDNA wasnt soo good but...you know. i hope she ll return to the track with next album.

i cant belive WB asked for re recording original vision from her.

i cant belive she pulled out the great video.

the only thing i can be happy about it is how it perfectly showed how music industry works and in how bad condition was usa politicaly at bush period. AL is one of her best works.

it is consistent, have message, good lyrics and incredible production. and about this personal thing that all the time i reed on this forum. she get personal and open on that record and public made her to eat it back. and thats a tragedy. you have no respect. :old:

Bless you. This perfectly sums up AL! :thumbs:

There was never even a skerrick of evidence to support this rumour. Madonna has had complete creative control over her music since Warners decided to let her co-produce herself after the success of "Into The Groove". It's almost unthinkable that they would "reject" material thatn she submitted. While they suggested that she work with certain people over the years (e.g. Dallas Austin), and they certainly dictated the lead single choices (since Madonna, by her own admission, isn't good at choosing lead singles), they pretty much left her to her own devices when it came to what she recorded.

I don't believe the rumours that Warners rejected "American Life". When is this supposed to have happened?

its an urban myth, started from a silly gossip in madonnarama which probably wasn't even true..

Eve made a whole album with Pharrell and Kanye in 2007 but then she had problems with her record company (Universal) and the tracks got canned. She nonetheless released an album in 2009 with a lot of changes made to the tracks and some were entirely left unused. She left Universal and tried to have the tracks released elsewhere to no avail. She indeed has a beautiful singing voice on this track. Now i remember that near the end the music stops and Madonna says "Are you listening ?" and it starts again. And i don't know if it's M only or Eve or both who chants "Oh oh, oh-oh-oh-oh" after each chorus. It was not intended for Hard Candy because Madonna only sings the chorus but it sure sounds a lot like the Beat goes on demo. Same vibes. I wonder if the album feel was not intended at first to be more accoustic/folk mixed with RNB, like she did on some of "Music" and "American Life" album with electronica.

Candy Shop is classic

There's another word, like "iconic," that gets thrown around far too often. I wouldn't even consider my favorite song from HC a "classic," let alone CS. I'm not even comfortable calling "Hung Up" a classic. "Music," sure.

^ Because I accidentally revived it by saying I heard GI2M in Port Authority the other day. I didn't want to start a new tread just for that. But now it's one of my biggest regrets in life. I can only ask for forgiveness and hope that it will be granted.

Guest Rachelle of London

Hard Candy is life! I feel sorry for the fans that dislike it. There's only so much ROL a person can take.

GI2M

MA

SNM

DWRM

it is enough to have 4 great songs on one album to say it was worth it.

even there are also nice tracks like CS, BGO and V. others i never listen seriously. i cant deal with stupidity of the lyrics in SL.

album art i never liked. it is kitch and to american...whatever that meens.

i m not sure what will happen with mdna in the future. but the main album problem is that i still cant connect with lame lyrics on it.

anyway...her songs need time like wine for me.

Aren't they? And speaking of Nippy, I could see her & bobby grooving to this right here:

A1Tre77.gif

One of my favorite songs from HC!

ibsKB16Nm4kIcq.gif

Btw, I just love how Madonna and Pharrell's voices sound together in some of the songs.

Like right after Pharrell's bit in "She's Not Me" , I have no idea what they are saying but I love that bit. Also the "Give me a bassline.." bit in "Give it 2 Me". Ugh I love that song so much.

I remember this being reported too...and why isn't it verified official? because why would M want to admit she had to re-work the tracks....

I remember reading that the album wasn't pop enough...and it was originally called Hollywood...

her career has never been the same since then....damn....

I thought it was Wendy Melvoin and her funky bass.

It is! Read the credits yall, she's playing bass on the track! They are giving her a shout out to close out the song. hello yall