BEST Like A Prayer from Blond Ambition

albertogerard

Of course it's fantastic. It's LAP from Blonde Ambition. In fact I believe if you look up fantastic in the dictionary, a still from this tour appears :gent:

Of course it's fantastic. It's LAP from Blonde Ambition. In fact I believe if you look up fantastic in the dictionary, a still from this tour appears :gent:

Thy speak thee truth.

Guest eroticerotic

I mean, Like A Prayer is just the best fucking song :)

I lived in a really macho/gang territory area when the song came out, and even in that neighborhood, you'd hear this song blazing from speakers :).

If it is not already, this song is becoming her token song fast lately. I'm glad!

This version has camera angles that I really appreciate, not only because they are different but because they give (me at least) more perspective on the performance.

This version has camera angles that I really appreciate, not only because they are different but because they give (me at least) more perspective on the performance.

I agree. every leaked video footage from the tour seems to have slightly different angles.

I have to say that I'm a fan of the ponytail footage, maybe because I went to the Dallas show with the ponytail?

It just seems more rare, aside from the HQ Japan show. LOL.

It's also nice to have some footage from an indoor venue : Yokohama, Barcelona and Nice were all outdoor, which has an effect on the lighting (I'm thinking about that halo on the Nice laserdisc)

It would indeed be awesome to finally have that Paris footage used in ToD, to finally have indoor version with proper lighting.

It's also nice to have some footage from an indoor venue : Yokohama, Barcelona and Nice were all outdoor, which has an effect on the lighting (I'm thinking about that halo on the Nice laserdisc)

It would indeed be awesome to finally have that Paris footage used in ToD, to finally have indoor version with proper lighting.

Regarding that Paris footage shot. Originally it was meant for the Blond Ambition Tour to be released with SOME backstage footage. As we all know, Madonna changed her mind and decided the backstage stuff was more interesting. That said. I know Madonna & Pioneer had an exclusive contract for the laserdisc to promote the LD player. At this point, that CAN'T be the reason we still don't have BAT on DVD, it's been almost 25 years! Madonna and Co. spent $2-4 million producing & shooting the show/film. Truth or Dare made over $20 million in profits worldwide.

My questions as to why BAT has yet to be released are:

1. Do you think that Madonna feels she's already made all the money she's going to make from it?

2. Madonna's lack of nostalgia keeps her from even wanting to revisit that show.

3. In this day & age, because sales for Music DVD's are so small, it wouldn't be worth the trouble?

What do you think, Thief?

Love the dance break in the middle, it's absolutely fucking epic. I've tried for years to master it but have never been able to lol.

This is slightly different from the small snippet of Like a Prayer from the Paris footage that appears on Truth or Dare however.

The bit in the beginning where Carlton is holding her on her back whilst she sings 'It's like a dream, no end and no beginning,' is obviously a different night.

I think I remember Alek saying they filmed 3 nights from Paris for the movie.

God it pains me to know that this amazing show is just sitting there in the vaults. I mean what is the fucking problem here? It doesn't need any editing, just some artwork for the cover, a few pics from the show on the back, a set list, an action shot on the front of M in her JPG corset and there you go. Pull it out of the vaults, put the fucker on DVD and Blue Ray and it will sell like hotcakes. Fuck, sell it for a small fortune and we will still buy the bastard.

I just don't understand her reluctance to give us a BA and RT DVD/Blue Ray. Sure when the respective documentries were out they didn't want a tour dvd to compete with sales of the movies but it's been 20 years since BAT and 10 years since RT. What's the big deal? You may even get an increase in sales

of the doco's from the added interest in the release of the concerts.

WB could even go straight for our pockets like they did with the box sets a year or so again and give us a limited edition box set of all her tours.

What was the point last year in having someone remaster the Nice show, only to just drop the ball yet again? Why go to all that hassle when Paris is all edited and ready to go. I really thought WB would have given us some treats by now, considering how money hungry record companies are, why are they holding back so much?

Love the dance break in the middle, it's absolutely fucking epic. I've tried for years to master it but have never been able to lol.

This is slightly different from the small snippet of Like a Prayer from the Paris footage that appears on Truth or Dare however.

The bit in the beginning where Carlton is holding her on her back whilst she sings 'It's like a dream, no end and no beginning,' is obviously a different night.

I think I remember Alek saying they filmed 3 nights from Paris for the movie.

God it pains me to know that this amazing show is just sitting there in the vaults. I mean what is the fucking problem here? It doesn't need any editing, just some artwork for the cover, a few pics from the show on the back, a set list, an action shot on the front of M in her JPG corset and there you go. Pull it out of the vaults, put the fucker on DVD and Blue Ray and it will sell like hotcakes. Fuck, sell it for a small fortune and we will still buy the bastard.

I just don't understand her reluctance to give us a BA and RT DVD/Blue Ray. Sure when the respective documentries were out they didn't want a tour dvd to compete with sales of the movies but it's been 20 years since BAT and 10 years since RT. What's the big deal? You may even get an increase in sales

of the doco's from the added interest in the release of the concerts.

WB could even go straight for our pockets like they did with the box sets a year or so again and give us a limited edition box set of all her tours.

What was the point last year in having someone remaster the Nice show, only to just drop the ball yet again? Why go to all that hassle when Paris is all edited and ready to go. I really thought WB would have given us some treats by now, considering how money hungry record companies are, why are they holding back so much?

my thoughts exactly like what is really the hold up?? i mean this is what she said last year on the Reddit chat....

2ms0mqa.png

my thoughts exactly like what is really the hold up?? i mean this is what she said last year on the Reddit chat....

2ms0mqa.png

I can't imagine her rummaging through dark closets to find these. And why can't she just place a call and have someone or a team of people to look for them?

2ms0mqa.png

To me that means "I won't trouble myself with this"

Regarding that Paris footage shot. Originally it was meant for the Blond Ambition Tour to be released with SOME backstage footage. As we all know, Madonna changed her mind and decided the backstage stuff was more interesting. That said. I know Madonna & Pioneer had an exclusive contract for the laserdisc to promote the LD player. At this point, that CAN'T be the reason we still don't have BAT on DVD, it's been almost 25 years! Madonna and Co. spent $2-4 million producing & shooting the show/film. Truth or Dare made over $20 million in profits worldwide.

My questions as to why BAT has yet to be released are:

1. Do you think that Madonna feels she's already made all the money she's going to make from it?

2. Madonna's lack of nostalgia keeps her from even wanting to revisit that show.

3. In this day & age, because sales for Music DVD's are so small, it wouldn't be worth the trouble?

What do you think, Thief?

I really have no idea :laugh: Maybe the master tapes are not in good enough condition anymore ?

But the most realistic reason - in my opinion - is that it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble.

This month marks the 25th anniversary of one of her most iconic albums, yet there is no special release or anything planned about it, especially since the original CD can be asily found in many stores' low-price operations. So a DVD/Blu Ray release of BA... it would indeed involve some production costs which might be superior than what the relase would gross. Also, if it was released out of the blue, it may send a message like "oh look, she's now using her past achievements to keep on being relevant" (of course, that would not be the case, but the media and some online assholes wouldn't miss that opportunity to trash her)

What would be great is the possibility of a digital download (you know, as some DVD/Blu Ray discs you buy give you the possibility of a digital copy) which would reduce the costs and everyone interested in getting it would download it.

What would be great is the possibility of a digital download (you know, as some DVD/Blu Ray discs you buy give you the possibility of a digital copy) which would reduce the costs and everyone interested in getting it would download it.

Yeah I don't understand why more of this kind of thing is not happening. Madonna's always been at the forefront of using the latest technology to make money and bring products to us - they could be selling digital downloads of so much unseen stuff.

I remember thinking when Guy Oseary said he was "trying to work out ways of bringing it to the fans" in relation to the S&S 2009 extra songs - why didn't they just stick the pro-shot footage of the 3 songs from any night on the tour onto ICON. What on earth could have been easier?!?!

And of course they do it from time to time - like with the Britney and Justin appearances at Los Angeles S&S 2008. They just stuck that stuff online pretty quickly afterwards.

They have pro-shot concert footage of most every night of every tour she's done since 1987 - it wouldn't kill them to start putting bits of it online (for sale or otherwise) and it would make a hell of a lot of people extremely happy!!!!

Yeah I don't understand why more of this kind of thing is not happening. Madonna's always been at the forefront of using the latest technology to make money and bring products to us - they could be selling digital downloads of so much unseen stuff.

I remember thinking when Guy Oseary said he was "trying to work out ways of bringing it to the fans" in relation to the S&S 2009 extra songs - why didn't they just stick the pro-shot footage of the 3 songs from any night on the tour onto ICON. What on earth could have been easier?!?!

And of course they do it from time to time - like with the Britney and Justin appearances at Los Angeles S&S 2008. They just stuck that stuff online pretty quickly afterwards.

They have pro-shot concert footage of most every night of every tour she's done since 1987 - it wouldn't kill them to start putting bits of it online (for sale or otherwise) and it would make a hell of a lot of people extremely happy!!!!

My thoughts exactly.

This material is circulating anyways, at least she'd have some control over it and, most importantly, fans would buy the real deal, not some altered version as it is the case with many photo outtakes some people "retouch" so they can track down who's leaking what...

If she released them would she make no money anyway because they belong to WB? I have no idea who owns what when it comes to her back catalogue now.

I have never seen this. I this is FANTASTIC.

I dont like this recording at all, its looks amateurish dated and the performance loses all its energy. Im glad you liked it though haha

^ I sort of agree. And it looks like it's on a TV show, not a tour. Like most tours, good editing really makes the choreography look much better. Not impressed by it here.

Let's not forget this wasn't originally meant for home viewing purposes; if seen on screen during the actual concert, you're kinda cuaght in the action and you don't usually pay that much attention to the editing and stuff...