love tried to welcome me appreciation thread

This is probably amongst my top 15 songs by her ever.

I love how the second half of Bedtime Stories is Madonna basically internalising literary influences (Whitman, Proust etc.) and shitting out pure poetry. Because really this song is nothing if not poetry. Like:

"Instead of spring it's always winter/and my heart has always been a lonely hunter" - Too real. Too tragic. Too perfect.

It's Madonna at her bleakest and most nakedly vulnerable (before motherhood essentially saves her) cocooning herself in the most gorgeous opulent production imaginable. SO MUCH LOVE.

Guest Rachelle of London

It's lush and one of her truly timeless sounding recordings. Pairs well with the bossa nova of "To Have And Not To Hold".

PREACH

Oh, wow, glad to see how much love this song still has. :dramatic: It's up there as one of my faves, as well.

Agreed with the poetry comment from Nevermind ... indeed, the title to "Love Tried to Welcome Me" is, itself, borrowed as an idea from a poetic text from George Herbert, "Love Bade Me Welcome." It's a great poem, and Madonna really captures the melancholy. Love it.

Sadly, I feel like I've adopted it as my personal theme for my life. :sad: Hah!

Oh, wow, glad to see how much love this song still has. :dramatic: It's up there as one of my faves, as well.

Agreed with the poetry comment from Nevermind ... indeed, the title to "Love Tried to Welcome Me" is, itself, borrowed as an idea from a poetic text from George Herbert, "Love Bade Me Welcome." It's a great poem, and Madonna really captures the melancholy. Love it.

Sadly, I feel like I've adopted it as my personal theme for my life. :sad: Hah!

Hahahahaha

My favourite song off Bedtime Stories. It's the opening track on my compilation CD Something to Remember II.

This song broke my heart when I first heard it and continues to break my heart all over again every time since. It's amazing. Beyond, actually. It's one of those rare moments when it seems an artist knows more about you than you do about yourself.

My favourite song off Bedtime Stories. It's the opening track on my compilation CD Something to Remember II.

post the track listing for the complete album please

This song broke my heart when I first heard it and continues to break my heart all over again every time since. It's amazing. Beyond, actually. It's one of those rare moments when it seems an artist knows more about you than you do about yourself.

This. Yes.