Masterpiece (Orchestral Version)

horn

Abel Korzeniowski in an interview with MadonnaNewEra:

"I arranged the strings for „Masterpiece” and conducted the orchestra for „Falling Free”. William Orbit was producing both songs and, to be honest, I cannot really say how much of these recordings made it into the final mix [....] we worked on a version of Masterpiece featuring a classical string orchestra. Eventually, William chose a more modern, synthetic sound. This song was created independent of the original film score."

:lmao: Looks like people were talking bullshit and I'm right after all. :madgemanson:

Abel Korzeniowski in an interview with MadonnaNewEra:

"I arranged the strings for „Masterpiece” and conducted the orchestra for „Falling Free”. William Orbit was producing both songs and, to be honest, I cannot really say how much of these recordings made it into the final mix [....] we worked on a version of Masterpiece featuring a classical string orchestra. Eventually, William chose a more modern, synthetic sound. This song was created independent of the original film score."

I wish she released both versions: one on the W.E. soundtrack and one on MDNA. That way we would have both. More is always a good thing.

How do you figure that, GU?

"I arranged the strings for „Masterpiece” and conducted the orchestra for „Falling Free”. William Orbit was producing both songs and, to be honest, I cannot really say how much of these recordings made it into the final mix [....] we worked on a version of Masterpiece featuring a classical string orchestra. Eventually, William chose a more modern, synthetic sound.

CONDUCTED THE ORCHESTRA FOR FALLING FREE. If a true orchestral version existed I would be excited to hear it. I think it's more than a little unlikely and I'm yet to hear anything that resembles an orchestra.

The legendary orchestral version wouldn't have the synthetic beat obviously, so clearly that version hasn't leaked yet

You would think that would be common sense even to non musicians. :lol: I know that at times the two are combined but not in this way on this kind of song. At least you and Suedehead and that woman noticed.

"I arranged the strings for „Masterpiece” and conducted the orchestra for „Falling Free”. William Orbit was producing both songs and, to be honest, I cannot really say how much of these recordings made it into the final mix [....] we worked on a version of Masterpiece featuring a classical string orchestra. Eventually, William chose a more modern, synthetic sound.

CONDUCTED THE ORCHESTRA FOR FALLING FREE. If a true orchestral version existed I would be excited to hear it. I think it's more than a little unlikely and I'm yet to hear anything that resembles an orchestra.

I can bold stuff, too ;)

Yes, I know. However he is saying that they worked on the COMPOSITION rather than recording. Or at least that's how I read it. Especially considering straight after he says that he says that 'Eventually, William chose a more modern, synthetic sound.'

:bow:

Yes, I know. However he is saying that they worked on the COMPOSITION rather than recording. Or at least that's how I read it. Especially considering straight after he says that he says that 'Eventually, William chose a more modern, synthetic sound.'

:bow:

That last comment would suggest that they worked on the production of the song together, as opposed to the composition. William had nothing to do with composing "Masterpiece", but he (along with Madonna) was responsible for the sound (i.e. the production). Madonna composed the song with Julie Frost and Jimmy Harry, then co-produced it with William Orbit.

So Abel had no real role in that case. Right? I assumed that Harry had contributed lead lines and lyrics while Madonna and Frost had contributed lyrics and vocal melodies. Then Orbit had tightened the composition and produced it. Would be nice to know the process behind it but the bottom line is that there no orchestral edit. :lol: