The Impossible Feat Of Madonna's Billboard Award-Winning MDNA Tour

aorlaan

Guest Rachelle of London

^^^ tbf EVERY time I watch an MDNA clip I see something different, there are just so many different elements to that show

My favorite technical aspect of the show was the lighting. Her best yet.

I agree! All the technical elements of this show really make it her best show to date, IMO anyway

I agree! All the technical elements of this show really make it her best show to date, IMO anyway

I agree, the lighting was phenom. And put that together with the screens, stage, choreography, props, dancers etc... It's just like WOW! Lol

My favorite technical aspect of the show was the lighting. Her best yet.

The lighting was AMAZING!!!

Interesting how she decided to go with such a big lighting package for this show...when a few previous tours had very minimal lighting with more emphasis on video. Re-invention and Confessions are very dark (aesthetic wise), with minimal lighting...I wonder if that was just a creative decision, or a budget thing.

I was pretty sure that at some point one of the dancers would fall from the ceiling and hell would break lose :lol:

On top of that she could have put real fire on the stage and smoke too (like she did at the GS with fire and at the RIT with smoke).

Imagine Gang Bang with pyro fire and I'm Addicted with a smoked floor!

Anyway, the show was dangerous enough.

You have to be joking. It lifts during I don't give a, I'm addicted...it goes down after Best Friend interlude, takes her away after GMAYL,

Actually, the part of the triangle that went up is different from the part that went down. There was a large square lift at the back of the small stage at the end of the triangle, and the tip lifted. Speaking of the lighting, there were even hidden lights that only appeared when the tip was raised.

Actually, the part of the triangle that went up is different from the part that went down. There was a large square lift at the back of the small stage at the end of the triangle, and the tip lifted. Speaking of the lighting, there were even hidden lights that only appeared when the tip was raised.

You're right. That slipped my mind. Lol

And yes the lighting on the tip was awesome too!

On top of that she could have put real fire on the stage and smoke too (like she did at the GS with fire and at the RIT with smoke).

Imagine Gang Bang with pyro fire and I'm Addicted with a smoked floor!

Yeah...I was thinking of that too. Real fire and fog/smoke. I could definitely see IA being really foggy and ethereal.

I also could imagine at the end of IDGA, when she raises on the pillar in front of the cross, seeing fire go off around her...like she's descending to hell.

Yeah...I was thinking of that too. Real fire and fog/smoke. I could definitely see IA being really foggy and ethereal.

I also could imagine at the end of IDGA, when she raises on the pillar in front of the cross, seeing fire go off around her...like she's descending to hell.

omg perfection

But in my interpretation she's not descending to hell.

She expresses all her struggles with the Catholic Church, her personal demons and her search for God on the first section. At the end of it she finally finds what she was looking for (the Light).

That's why the lights change from red to white (enlightening) at the very end. And that's why she breaks the cross (religion) with her name on it (ego).

The journey of a soul from darkness to Light.

Guest Rachelle of London

She expresses all her struggles with the Catholic Church, her personal demons and her search for God on the first section. At the end of it she finally finds what she was looking for (the Light).

That's why the lights change from red to white (enlightening) at the very end. And that's why she breaks the cross (religion) with her name on it (ego).

Thats what I was thinking!

Interesting interpretation. I like that.

I feel the whole show is the journey, not just the first act. Yes, "Transgression" is about her struggle with religion (Catholicism), her inner personal demons, her bad girl/rebellious/liberated from the dogma and structure of organized religion essence, what does "God" mean to her ... but when you get to that final ascension on the pillar with the cross, it's as if she's asking for redemption, as she raises her hand to the sky (the light), the cross illuminated...but ultimately is rejected, as the cross explodes and the church crumbles. I don't really sense any redemption in that moment.

She then has to continue her journey (the rest of the show), peeling back the layers of her identity, exploring other emotions/feelings - joy, humor, fun, her revolutionary essence, vanity, fashion, sex, sexuality, defiance, aging, love...and ultimately culminating in her realization that "she's a sinner" (whether you think she's being literal, or ironic) essentially accepting herself for what she is - all those things we explored in the show - and culminating in the much broader 'spiritual' moment of "Like A Prayer" that unites all as one consciousness (she has now truly found her "light").

Then, we 'celebrate' as one.

So overall, to me, the redemption doesn't come until that final moment from "I'm A Sinner" into "Like A Prayer", as she looks to the sky and sings "And it feels like...home".

Thats a good interpretation too. I do feel like the whole show is the journey too, but not like the way you put it. I still like mine. :laugh:

But thats why art is so amazing! Its open to many interpretations!

Thats a good interpretation too. I do feel like the whole show is the journey too, but not like the way you put it. I still like mine. :laugh:

But thats why art is so amazing! Its open to many interpretations!

Yep! Especially a Madonna show.

Curious...how would you describe/interpret the 'journey' of the whole show?