I've been listening to the "Bedtime Stories" album a lot lately.

Apples388

I think it was a great move to skip the so-called tour. It wasn't going to be that different from the previous tour anyway. In 2001 the hi-tech stuff was much more interesting than it was back in 1995.

Despite some mistakes, like not releasing Into The Groove in US, the Music campaign being cut short because WB didn't want to release Impressive Instant, not releasing Nobody Knows Me right after Hollywood with a great video to follow the message from Die Another Day, American Life and Hollywood, working with the shit producers for Hard Candy, etc I think her career moves are pretty much spot on.

I'm pretty sure Beautiful Strsnger replaced Amazing

I think it could fit right in there as well, but it was confirmed that Amazing was going to be in the Cowgirl section, right after Human Nature and if you think about the meaning of Amazing, it actually makes sense a lot.

Too bad they didn't retaliate by releasing "The Funny Song" as a single instead. :D

:lmao:

ah ok, i just dont see Amazing in the cowgirl section

During Human Nature she is tied up by her dancers, etc. and in Amazing she sings about a guy who mistreads her, but she can't stop being in love with him. So, it DOES fit in...

And 'I want you' would have been amazing in the Spanish section of DWT right towards the climax of the show

Yes, indeed! Unfortunately they had trouble with the arrangement of the live version...

Try mine. In my mind it tells a sensual love story of a woman who falls in love with a man she lusts after and they have sex so good that she becomes unconscious. lol

LOL. I actually really like your tracklist! I'm gonna try and see how it works...I always thought, that BS would've been a really good album ender!

I always imagined the Bedtime Stories Tour opening with a haunting and atmospheric Sanctuary (imagine the opening of the DWT but with 90's Madonna in the centre) with Madonna in full Versace regalia and long hair extensions with lots of smoke and dry ice wafting up from below the stage, surrounded by video screens and then rising to the heavens on a platform as the song segues into Bedtime Story just like the album, complete with wind machines and dancers like the Brit performance but elaborated on with a bigger production. She could then blow everyone out of the water with one of her bigger hits but something to fit with the mystical vible of the first section and her long flowing dress and hair. Like a Prayer would be ideal and ending with something moving like Live to Tell or I'll Remember. The second act would be the big statement piece with heavily choreograpged songs like Human Nature, Express Yourself, Thief of Hearts, Words and Bad Girl. Madonna could bring out her shiny PVC suit or something similar to bring the HN video to life, including the white set from the clip that had the cubes in it that Madonna and the dancers danced within. The suit could be held together by zippers and be slowly taken off her during the set until she's in just a pair of little PVC shorts and a top or something similar to the Justify My Love single cover. The third act would be RnB heavy, focusing on tracks like IRBYL, Survival, Physical Attraction, Don't Stop, Waiting and Forbidden Love. The final act would be message driven with songs like Secret Garden and a big finale of Take a Bow before ending with a big encore like Deeper and Deeper or Holiday.
imagine the box choreography from HN video on tour? and we would've definitely gotten that BritAwards/versace look on tour or maybe finally brunette M on tour

:dramatic: PERFECTION! Sanctuary would've been a great great great opening for the show! I think she would have chosen Human Nature to open the show, though...But I love your idea!

I always imagined the Bedtime Stories Tour opening with a haunting and atmospheric Sanctuary (imagine the opening of the DWT but with 90's Madonna in the centre) with Madonna in full Versace regalia and long hair extensions with lots of smoke and dry ice wafting up from below the stage, surrounded by video screens and then rising to the heavens on a platform as the song segues into Bedtime Story just like the album, complete with wind machines and dancers like the Brit performance but elaborated on with a bigger production. She could then blow everyone out of the water with one of her bigger hits but something to fit with the mystical vible of the first section and her long flowing dress and hair. Like a Prayer would be ideal and ending with something moving like Live to Tell or I'll Remember. The second act would be the big statement piece with heavily choreograpged songs like Human Nature, Express Yourself, Thief of Hearts, Words and Bad Girl. Madonna could bring out her shiny PVC suit or something similar to bring the HN video to life, including the white set from the clip that had the cubes in it that Madonna and the dancers danced within. The suit could be held together by zippers and be slowly taken off her during the set until she's in just a pair of little PVC shorts and a top or something similar to the Justify My Love single cover. The third act would be RnB heavy, focusing on tracks like IRBYL, Survival, Physical Attraction, Don't Stop, Waiting and Forbidden Love. The final act would be message driven with songs like Secret Garden and a big finale of Take a Bow before ending with a big encore like Deeper and Deeper or Holiday.

:dramatic: PERFECTION! Sanctuary would've been a great great great opening for the show! I think she would have chosen Human Nature to open the show, though...But I love your idea!

imagine the box choreography from HN video on tour? and we would've definitely gotten that BritAwards/versace look on tour or maybe finally brunette M on tour

I'm pretty sure that Versace would've done the costumes, if there was a tour!

978c88b2da4eac6d615c2c76e6d8f376.jpg

I can see her wearing something like this for Human Nature or Vogue

Ummm...I don't really like either album, both Erotica and Bedtime Stories are my least favourite albums. I would prefer Bedtime Stories a bit though, the songs on Erotica (specifically titles 7-12) all sound quite the same to me and their sound is boring as well. And yes, I am being serious.

I agree that BS and E are similar, but E is much better because it has that COOL 'urban' feel on WLB, Waiting, BBB and SG while BS has that BORING 'urban' feel. And While I'm at it, HC has that AWFUL and DISGUTING 'urban' feel.

E is the obvious winner of all of her attempts at 'black music'.

Off topic, but I think GGW is like a prequel to Bad Girl. Louise Oriole gone wild, getting all fired up like a smoking gun, on the floor till the daylight comes, but at the end of day she's just acting this way because she's hurt by life.

:shock:

I think it was a great move to skip the so-called tour. It wasn't going to be that different from the previous tour anyway. In 2001 the hi-tech stuff was much more interesting than it was back in 1995.

Despite some mistakes, like not releasing Into The Groove in US, the Music campaign being cut short because WB didn't want to release Impressive Instant, not releasing Nobody Knows Me right after Hollywood with a great video to follow the message from Die Another Day, American Life and Hollywood, working with the shit producers for Hard Candy, etc I think her career moves are pretty much spot on.

The Next Best Thing instead Chigago?

Guest Not4Pussies

I agree that BS and E are similar, but E is much better because it has that COOL 'urban' feel on WLB, Waiting, BBB and SG while BS has that BORING 'urban' feel. And While I'm at it, HC has that AWFUL and DISGUTING 'urban' feel.

E is the obvious winner of all of her attempts at 'black music'.

Off topic, but I think GGW is like a prequel to Bad Girl. Louise Oriole gone wild, getting all fired up like a smoking gun, on the floor till the daylight comes, but at the end of day she's just acting this way because she's hurt by life.

:shock:

Louise Oriole died.

I think it could fit right in there as well, but it was confirmed that Amazing was going to be in the Cowgirl section, right after Human Nature and if you think about the meaning of Amazing, it actually makes sense a lot.

:lmao:

During Human Nature she is tied up by her dancers, etc. and in Amazing she sings about a guy who mistreads her, but she can't stop being in love with him. So, it DOES fit in...

I'm pretty sure it was Beautiful Stranger....

I meant the vocals not the vibe of the album. :-) Erotica was sex, lust and passion. Bs was Romance and hurt.

Edit: just read back what I wrote originally and I wasn't very clear. :lol:

Actually, Erotica is just as much (if not more) about romance and hurt than BS: Fever, Bye Bye Baby, Deeper and Deeper, Bad Girl, Waiting, Words, Rain. Practically the whole album!

I think it's the music/production on Erotica that makes it feel cold/detached. BS was indeed much warmer sonically. And her vocals were more lush. There's a raw/demo quality to Erotica so it's less polished.

Actually, Erotica is just as much (if not more) about romance and hurt than BS: Fever, Bye Bye Baby, Deeper and Deeper, Bad Girl, Waiting, Words, Rain. Practically the whole album!

I think it's the music/production on Erotica that makes it feel cold/detached. BS was indeed much warmer sonically. And her vocals were more lush. There's a raw/demo quality to Erotica so it's less polished.

Fever is about sex. Pure lust.

Bye, bye baby doesn't sound emotional. It sounds more like 'over it'.

Deeper and deeper is tragedy but not hurt.

Bag girl I'll give you hurt but no romance.

Waiting is sensual. I guess there's a bit of romance in it.

Words is angry and fed up. I don't feel like its pain or romance. At all.

Rain is full on romance.

You may interpret it different to me but I stick by my guns.

There's so many emotions and feelings on Erotic, but romance and hurt are one of the biggest subjects on the album.

BS is definitely one of my favorite M albums. I love the whole soft mood in the songs and just around the album in general? I want to get the Pink 2XLP vinyl, does anyone here have it?

Erotica isn't about romance at all. It's all about relationship dynamics. Even when she sings in the first person it's largely depersonalized. It's a very intelligent record. :fag:

Erotica isn't about romance at all. It's all about relationship dynamics. Even when she sings in the first person it's largely depersonalized. It's a very intelligent record. :fag:

Agree. Even the song itself contains the word in an ironic sense. It's a collection of S and M sound bites.

Erotica

Romance

I'd like to put you in a trance.

If you've ever visited Soho or an old fashioned fetish salon you'll recognise it's like walking around and reading the posters on the wall or literally saying what you see. Madonna is playing Dita who is inviting you to live out your fantasies. She's like a madame at the door. With the song she is turning the very impersonal and detached sex industry into a one off personal experience for the individual. It's really fucking smart, you're right.

Agree. Even the song itself contains the word in an ironic sense. It's a collection of S and M sound bites.

Erotica

Romance

I'd like to put you in a trance.

If you've ever visited Soho or an old fashioned fetish salon you'll recognise it's like walking around and reading the posters on the wall or literally saying what you see. Madonna is playing Dita who is inviting you to live out your fantasies. She's like a madame at the door. With the song she is turning the very impersonal and detached sex industry into a one off personal experience for the individual. It's really fucking smart, you're right.

That's why I love the album, so much...apart from the fact that it was my crucial teenage album :D

It's also one u can't just put on & have it play in the background (BS is much more suitable 4 that).

When E plays u listen. So yes I like the idea that BS is the antithesis.

That's why I love the album, so much...apart from the fact that it was my crucial teenage album :D

It's also one u can't just put on & have it play in the background (BS is much more suitable 4 that).

When E plays u listen. So yes I like the idea that BS is the antithesis.

Erotica is best on headphones, in a dark room and alone. It was like my sexual awakening (obviously when I revisited the album rather than when I was 7). I knew my sexuality and my fantasies but it gave me a lot of chances to dig into my own thoughts on things. It gave me a confidence about my sexpression outside of sex, if you know what I mean. I was a teenager too.

Erotica is one of those albums that you have to sit back and listen to. Bellengers remaster sounds sooooooo good in the car. The bass in Erotica is thumping, and I wear my Dita mask loud and proud when I drive around with Erotica playing, I don't curr what the other drivers think.

But

I prefer the video version of Fever over the album version. If you disagree, I insist you listen to it on headphones, the mastering on that mix is glorious, you can feel the warmth from the fire, it's hot. (Yes I know it doesn't go along with the rawness and grittiness that the rest of the albums mastering has, but whatevs)

I prefer the video version of Fever over the album version. If you disagree, I insist you listen to it on headphones, the mastering on that mix is glorious, you can feel the warmth from the fire, it's hot. (Yes I know it doesn't go along with the rawness and grittiness that the rest of the albums mastering has, but whatevs)

The album version is EVERYTHANG. I also play the 12" a lot. It's a wonderful blend of loungy jazzy house

Those synth horn stabs & the xylophone :dramatic:

No the album verso of Fever is better. Its the icy coldness..

But I have to say all Fever versions are wonderful. It has the best remixes of any her tracks.

No it wasn't believe me! ;) Beautiful Stranger was going to be in, anyway. The Funny Song was something that was created spontaneously...

But here is some interesting information about the I Want You performance!

http://www.madonnatribe.com/idol/magno.htm

That's not how the story goes. The info has been on the Internet since day 1, trust me, Beautiful Stranger replaced Amazing. It's one of the best examples of Ms relationship with WBR.

That's not how the story goes. The info has been on the Internet since day 1, trust me, Beautiful Stranger replaced Amazing. It's one of the best examples of Ms relationship with WBR.

Okay I believe you! ;) I was looking for the source I had about The Funny Song replacing Amazing, but I couldn't find it. -.- Well apart from that I'm still pretty sure that The Funny Song replaced another song on the setlist. My guess: You'll See, which later replaced on Gone on several shows or maybe I'll Remember or TPOGB...

EDIT:

Nevermind! I think the album version of WHat It Feels Like for a Girl would've been in it's place and Runaway Lover maybe used in the video interlude, instead.

Fever is about sex. Pure lust.

Bye, bye baby doesn't sound emotional. It sounds more like 'over it'.

Deeper and deeper is tragedy but not hurt.

Bag girl I'll give you hurt but no romance.

Waiting is sensual. I guess there's a bit of romance in it.

Words is angry and fed up. I don't feel like its pain or romance. At all.

Rain is full on romance.

You may interpret it different to me but I stick by my guns.

I feel like you're splitting hairs with all of these examples. Of course she's hurt in BBB and Words. And Waiting is sensual? It's about longing and hurt.

I'd Rather Be Your Lover - passion/lust

Forbidden Love - passion/lust

Love Tried to Welcome Me - no romance here. She's closed off, cold, like anything on Erotica.

Sanctuary and TAB are really the only songs that are romantic. The rest of the songs don't even fall into the category of relationships/sex/love.