MDNA TOUR - PITTSBURGH

mdna2012

Looks like bra and panties (hope not):

Madonna celebrates Obama victory in Consol concert

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

By Scott Mervis, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

110712_madonna_500.jpg

Jill Knight/Post-Gazette

Madonna performs "Give Me All Your Lovin'" during her concert Tuesday at the Consol Energy Center.

Most Americans got their election returns Tuesday night from Brian Williams, Wolf Blitzer or one of the other distinguished anchors.

The beautiful people packed into Consol Energy Center found out who their next president was from, of all people, the woman who sang "Like a Virgin."

It was quite a way for Madonna to spend her first night in Pittsburgh since 1985. To be exact, it started Tuesday night and ended Wednesday morning. She hit the stage around 10:45, thinking perhaps that the fans who paid hundreds for the tickets didn't have jobs to get to the next morning.

What her patient and long-suffering Pittsburgh fans got was a highly choreographed, highly stylized pop spectacle and an Obama victory celebration from one of the artists who helped re-define pop spectacle in the '80s.

She's had a knack for throwing her sexed-up dance-pop into the face of her Catholic heritage, and we didn't have to wait long for it Tuesday. The stage was set as a cathedral with robed monks performing a mass under a fiery, swinging thurible, when Madonna burst out of the confession booth in gangsta black to confess her sins and sing (along with the track to) "Girl Gone Wild," the monks turning into her spectacular topless dancers.

It launched her very physical concert journey from darkness to light, breaking down roughly into religion, violence, sex and spiritual release.

"Revolver" took us from god to guns, with murderous Madonna and her girl dancers packing heat that went off during "Gang Bang," blood soaking the video screens as she sang "bang bang, shot ya, shot my leather in the head" and did a balletic tussle with a dancer in a Tarantino-looking motel scene. "Papa Don't Preach" was a brief roll on the floor before she was manhandled and bound by military thugs doing a cool tightrope dance, which she joined, on "Hung Up."

It was a relief when things turned sweet and bubbly, the 54-year-old Madonna marching around in a majorette uniform for "Express Yourself," combined with its knockoff, Gaga's "Born This Way." "She's not me!" Madonna chanted with her backup singers, bringing us to the cheerleader pop of "Give Me All Your Luvin'," complete with a marching band suspended from ropes.

In the Euro-styled mid-section, things went off script when Madonna learned that her "baby," Barack Obama, had been re-elected. After the wild Eastern European dance on a jubilant "Open Your Heart," she yelled "Do you know what just happened?!" and led the crowd in a chant "[f] yeah." When she heard a few boos, she said, "I love you too, but I want a president with a moral compass." It led her into an impromptu version of "Holiday" with a spinning "happy dance," as she called it, and a bit more emotion on the ballad "Masterpiece."

We mentioned sex, right? Yeah. Things got racy, as she was groped by a dancer on "Candy Shop," while singing "my sugar is raw," and she stripped down to a bustier and a thong for "Human Nature"/"Like a Virgin," done as a slow dirge, showing off her most seductive vocal. The segment ended with her writhing around and rolling in money she asked people to throw on stage for Hurricane Sandy victims as she sang "Love Spent."

The whole crew went Shaolin style for "I'm Addicted" and the world beat "I'm a Sinner" building to a rousing gospel version of "Like a Prayer," capped with a trip to the modern disco for "Celebration."

Needless to say, it was quite a bit different than the '85 show when the young star pranced around in lingerie to simple catchy pop songs like "Borderline" and "Lucky Star." That was an unforgettable one for her teen fans.

A lot of those same fans were back for this very different experience with the grown-up Madge. Between the eye-popping production, elaborate dances, the striptease and the night's historic events, Pittsburgh's Madonna fans will always remember where they were on Election Night 2012.

Read more: http://old.post-gaze...m#ixzz2BVwvI1hz

just got home. it was soooooooooo amazing! She did indeed sing holiday and did a "happy dance". She asked people to throw money on stage to benefit the victims of hurricane sandy right before she sang love spent. She and her crew rocked the obama shirt for celebration/gi2m. I need to chill out and get some sleep though. 316uesh.jpg

2lu8jgo.jpg

just got home. it was soooooooooo amazing! She did indeed sing holiday and did a "happy dance". She asked people to throw money on stage to benefit the victims of hurricane sandy right before she sang love spent. She and her crew rocked the obama shirt for celebration/gi2m. I need to chill out and get some sleep though. 316uesh.jpg

2lu8jgo.jpg

Wow these two pics are EPIC!

Right! I had a terrific spot in the pit :) I'll post more stuff after I get some sleep.

Goodnight! So glad for you! I WAS gonna go but my hurt my back working out.i regret it now! It was such an epic show, I bet!

Good photos & video! Pittsburgh looked like a great show & madonna was obviously extremely happy a/b the obama victory. I saw an interesting youtube video from last night of people booing when she was talking about obama again, but that was to be expected from some cities. I'm sure people must have walked out & were extremely pissed, but that is their problem.

NY is less than a week away!!

If people are not aware by now that Madonna is incredibly outspoken about her political views and are offended that she freely and openly expresses them during her shows....and they are so offended by this that they leave the show early....they only have themselves to blame. It is the same as if they were offended because she gyrates and uses foul language on-stage. This is all nothing new.....it's Madonna folks, she has been doing this shit for YEARS....

So I ended up winning 4 pit contests for this show lol vita coco, icon, and 2 from twitter (my friend who lives outside the country won from retweeting my tweet (odd). So my bf and myself used the vita coco, i gave my twitter tickets (luckily i was smart enough to put them in my friends name) to 2 die-hard fan friends of mine who had crap seats, i used the other twitter tickets for my co-worker and his gf (who love madonna and his gf drove several hours with such short notice to see the show) and I intended finding 2 fans at the venue to surprise with the last pair of pit tickets but the guy at the box office said "you can only win one contest" and wouldn't let me find 2 random people to give them to (douche!). I didn't intend to win anything, I just entered every contest I could find and then the day before the show I find out I won all of them so don't think I'm greedy. It was my first pit experience too. So, note to others who may win more than one contest - make sure you put any additional contest winnings in someone's name that you'd give the tickets to.

For future reference if any of you bring a fucking huge sign to the show, consider that you will be blocking the view of people behind you and when Madonna has to tell you herself that she's seen it already then put it the fuck down. Thanks!

There was a couple religious freaks protesting outside the venue shouting "Madonna is going to hell". When I got into the pit I recognized several faces who always seem to be in the pit in every city (how do these people keep their jobs?). I don't think I'm good at writing a review of the show and the only other show I've seen was in Edinburgh so I'll compare it to that. This show was loads better than Edinburgh for one she didn't skip any songs. I got to witness love spent and like a virgin (finally!). At that point we knew Obama had won re-election so she said she was keeping her promise but she never did get naked just took off all of her clothes except her undergarments (like she did at olympia right before die another day). She was playful sitting and laying on the piano. She also did perform some of Holiday and did this happy dance. It was strange to hear people booing when she brought up Obama but she said she loves them too. Rocco was there. When celebration started she and the dancers came out wearing Obama shirts specially made for that night (just like she did last presidential election when I saw her in San Diego). I'm not feeling the inclusion of GI2M in Celebration though. I thought it was a great show and she was in a happy mood. :)

nldczt.jpg20flg7.jpg1glu7s.jpgfnx1eo.jpg

I love the fact that Madonna fans boo her in her own shows

Fabulous

Right....it's so disrespectful. If you don't like her political views, just don't cheer or appluad.....booing is immature. It is HER show and she has every right to express her view on the political sphere.

The booing BEFORE she even takes the stage is what I find disturbing....it happened is many cities across the US as people grow impatient waiting for her.

Guest Not4Pussies

When I got into the pit I recognized several faces who always seem to be in the pit in every city (how do these people keep their jobs?). :)

I know, right. *bites tongue*