Appreciate the GHV2 "Bedtime Story" version

Apples388

Yes I know that GHV2 is a dirty word in the Madonna fan community but I do like this 'edit' if you will of "Bedtime Story"

I love the abrupt little intro without the "Sanctuary" outro that we normally get on the LP version (and don't get me wrong I do love that too) but it's nice to have this

But more importantly (cause of carse we had a "Bedtime Story" edit on the singles at the time), it comes right after "Don't Cry for me Argentina" :rotfl:

Got to love the haphazard and random GHV2 sequencing :lmao:

From Eva Peron to Bjorkle-penned ode to E :lmao:

Guest bluejean

Oh dear God that tracklisting was fucked up. They could have at least used the Miami mix too, it might have fit alongside Deeper and Deeper. I feel sorry for casual fans who have this and think this sums up 90's Madonna.

That Ray of Light edit too, same as what was on Celebration. I usually like edits but that was just awful.

Guest bluejean

The 1st disc of Celebration flows pretty well. It's the 2nd disc that confuses me. For eg Frozen following Who's That Girl. Just really weird.

I think Music is on the album so she obviously likes it and likes to listen to it more than once in a row..

but I seriously doubt shes that fond of TAB.

I couldn't say really, but in 1994 she said she considered TAB among the best songwriting of her career.

It was a Greek Tv interview, & no I don't have a link.

Mrs Capricious! No wonder our QoL Suedehead takes after the Queen. :wow:

Maybe it's cause it's a difficult one to sing, taking up her entire vocal range (at the time) and even has, gosh, a key change?

As for BS.. this is just the radio edit on the CD single, right? Never one of my faves (but god how I love the remixes! those saved it for me) but I imagine this version is a bit better.. I can't think of what was particularly long or bloated about it other than the start where Sanctuary bled out of it. :confused:

This is the Album Edit from the original single (maxi single in the US, they put the full album version with the same 'clean' intro on our standard single here) and is the version used in the music video.

Unlike The Immaculate Collection, everything on GHV2 was a pre-existing version from commercial and/or DJ releases.

GHV2 would have been stronger had they included a few of the bigger ballads from the era ("Playground", "I'll Remember", "You'll See", "Rain") but it seems they were trying to keep those exclusive to Something To Remember.

Mrs Capricious! No wonder our QoL Suedehead takes after the Queen. :wow:

Maybe it's cause it's a difficult one to sing, taking up her entire vocal range (at the time) and even has, gosh, a key change?

As for BS.. this is just the radio edit on the CD single, right? Never one of my faves (but god how I love the remixes! those saved it for me) but I imagine this version is a bit better.. I can't think of what was particularly long or bloated about it other than the start where Sanctuary bled out of it. :confused:

You mean the best part of the album

:confused:

This is the Album Edit from the original single (maxi single in the US, they put the full album version with the same 'clean' intro on our standard single here) and is the version used in the music video.

Unlike The Immaculate Collection, everything on GHV2 was a pre-existing version from commercial and/or DJ releases.

GHV2 would have been stronger had they included a few of the bigger ballads from the era ("Playground", "I'll Remember", "You'll See", "Rain") but it seems they were trying to keep those exclusive to Something To Remember.

I hated how everything was listed so precise on the back cover, not necessary :noway: I know why they did it, but I think it would confuse consumers when in fact it was essentially the originals.

Oh it is a great part of the album for sure even though I don't care much for either song. I'm just not sure what editing was done to BS, other than that, as it never seemed that long.. it suited long, really.

Sanctuary will be done as a "Sanctuary/I Want You suite" before I die, live in Australia, I hope!

• 1 year later...

Does a full album version of this exist (with the extra Oomph!)?

The full vocal has never been released, only the single edit, but the Instrumental on the b-side of the single is of the full length remix.