Love Spent & Holiday?

nightcutter

Sorry guys.

I haven't looked at the Tour Forum for ages until now. Is she performing LS and H in the US? what songs have been dropped for them?

Holiday is like a bonus, in the basque section, I think is after Open your heart.

Love Spent was part of the Like a Virgin performance, but now in Vancouver apparently she dropped the whole LAV for extended LS

Oh. So this means LAV may not be on the DVD. That sucks, it was a highlight for me.

God forbid. LAV must be on the freaking DVD

I agree. I don't know...now everything is mixed up. The feeling is gone from the full like a virgin performance into something a little different with half LAV and half LS, and now without LAV...

Obviously no matter what we get will be awesome, I'm just undecided as to what I'd love to have most.

What I want is Love Spent in FULL as well as LAV but it makes no sense considering how she's doing it and where...

Well, this might be signalling that they are testing the public's reaction to Love Spent, and release it as a 4th single. Someone in another thread said that Guy told them they ARE releasing a 4th single and it's either LS or Gang Bang.

Why does LAV have to suffer because of that, no idea. It shouldn't be an "either/or" decision! Include BOTH!!

Holiday is like a bonus, in the basque section, I think is after Open your heart.

Love Spent was part of the Like a Virgin performance, but now in Vancouver apparently she dropped the whole LAV for extended LS

Thank god! I really don't like what she did with it this time...I know everybody loves it, but it's whatever to me. Holiday is really not that good either, I'd rather want to see Everybody instead. But I'm so glad that she actually did add LS to setlist! Can't wait to see it on the DVD!

Thanks for the info.

Can't say I liked the new LAV so if it isn't on the DVD I won't mind.

Guest bluejean

I LOVE Like a Virgin on this tour. It's one of the highlights.

Personally I think Love Spent would make more sense after Turn Up The Radio before Open Your Heart. It seems to take away something from the Like a Virgin performance for me. And I think Holiday would make more sense after Like a Prayer before the encore. But anyway its all good. Really I am just thrilled she's added new songs to the setlist, its a very unMadonna thing to do.

when I saw her I felt she lost the audience a bit during Masterpiece and Like A Virgin (and nowhere else) so maybe she feels these are the segments that need work, though if it were up to me i'd just switch Masterpiece with Love Spent and perform LS similar to Miles Away on S&S, get the audience involved....

I'm glad she's switching it up a bit she's used to be do rigid with her shows. I hope she's in a good mood when she comes to Atlanta. During S&S here she was really going thru the motions. Overall she seems to be enjoying herself.

I LOVE Like a Virgin on this tour. It's one of the highlights.

Personally I think Love Spent would make more sense after Turn Up The Radio before Open Your Heart. It seems to take away something from the Like a Virgin performance for me. And I think Holiday would make more sense after Like a Prayer before the encore. But anyway its all good. Really I am just thrilled she's added new songs to the setlist, its a very unMadonna thing to do.

when I saw her I felt she lost the audience a bit during Masterpiece and Like A Virgin (and nowhere else) so maybe she feels these are the segments that need work, though if it were up to me i'd just switch Masterpiece with Love Spent and perform LS similar to Miles Away on S&S, get the audience involved....

I initially thought Love Spent Would be in the Basque section very much like Miles Away or You Must Love Me on guitar. Holiday after Like A Prayer would be amazing but it would have to become a whole performance and with the Celebration outfit, it would fit perfectly in the dance closing section before Celebration... :wow:

I don't think it would do any good to switch Masterpiece with Love Spent. People feel lost cause its a ballad they don't know and Like a Virgin is unrecognizable to everyone until the chorus hits and then they are left questioning what the hell happened to the version they knew, but it's laziness and an audience with the lack of artistic understanding. They do come to see Madonna for all the glitz but I mean, come on, at some points, you should be able to open up your mind and embrace the new version of Open Your Heart with the amazing vocals and instrumental work of the Kalakan trio and the new interpretation of LAV...

While in the PIT, people even enjoyed Hung Up, and sang along and whatever was different, they just ignored as they were left in awe at the performance aspect of the song. With Like a Virgin, if you're not gay or a fanatic, seeing her half naked seeing in this style can get old quick...for me, every second was a gay induced coma...her abs, her horrid (but great) vocals, the red curtain, evgeni's rendition (since I love W.E. so much), the corset, everything...

I hope they don't take like a virgin out. Fingers crossed, they'll mix up where the songs are performed but lets not hold our breaths. It's an incredible tour nonetheless.

hopefully, for the DVD, she will just put EVERYTHING into whatever 2 shows are filmed for it, LAV/Love Spent, Holiday, Beautiful Killer...

Idk about Beautiful Killer. I'm sure in her mind, we already got a professional version of it from Olympia. She used the same choreography as in Revolver and it's definitely a song that needs a choreography. She's only added songs that don't need anything and can stand on their own, like holiday and adding LS to a section that would make sense but wouldn't need anything new to rehearse... I doubt we're getting BK at all.