Evita is an amazing movie

Lymon

That's such a sad gay thing to say...

I know gay fans doesn't care about the movies... just about style and looks...

it reflects on the music aswell... that's why we're stuck with this fluff madonna music nowadays because she seems to only listen to that side of her fanbase... which will eventually bring her career to a bitter end...

oh well

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Unreal!

Guest Pud Whacker

Nah... not you

In general..

Putting DSS (some 80's fluff movie with Madonna in a supporting role) over an EPIC movie as Madonna, the only acclaimed Madonna movie where she is having the lead... well yeah... kinda unclassy... but we all have different taste so :lol:

dss is true cinema. its her only classic. it has everything.

Wrong. Movie fans don't care about Evita. It is hardly considered a great film.

Yeah... because it was her only acclaimed film?

The world outside her fanbase doesn't give a shite about the rest of her movies... but when they will eventually see something... they might end up seeing the one she actually got some praising for

Guest Pud Whacker

Well Pud thinks this is SEX so I'm ok with it :lol:

clip_image001.jpg

I love UGLY Madonna :lol:

1996.jpg

omg, i would take that hard candy bytch over that 40's factory worker anyday.

omg, its so ugly in that streisand lighting. :vomit:

fags that are into class, drag queens and all that fancy shyt love evita.

fags that love dirt love susan.

Not true... I love the dirt

but EVITA is epic with Madonna in the lead

DSS is a movie that has been long forgotten outside Madonna fan rooms...

Oh I meant to say The World magazine featured Swept Away as one of the "Very Worst Things Of The Noughties" :chuckle:

I would scan it if my computer wasn't dead, but here's what they said

Swept Away

Vanity projects have always been with us, but with Guy Ritchie directing 'er indoors this attained a fusion-grade critical mass of mutual self-regard. Madge is stranded on a desert island (hooray!) in a comedy less amusing than shingles.

Don't know why they bothered including that, seems pointless. They also had another dig at her by including Celebrity Adoption as one of the worst things.

Guest jamesshot

Yes she should be proud. I think this film gained her so much goodwill from people. This upped her respect level from everyone.

What really bothers me about the movie is her obvious pregnancy throughout. It is VERY distracting and almost ruins many scenes.

Guest Pud Whacker

Not true... I love the dirt

but EVITA is epic with Madonna in the lead

DSS is a movie that has been long forgotten outside Madonna fan rooms...

dude, get real. i mean seriously. evita is shyt. its bad.

in any reputable book about cinema, dss is heralded as a classic. great dialogue, cinematography, stage actors, captured a moment in time, etc...

heres the reality - outside of madonna fan rooms, evita is a huge joke.

thats just the truth.

What really bothers me about the movie is her obvious pregnancy throughout. It is VERY distracting and almost ruins many scenes.

Interesting. I always wondered how she managed to do it prego. Are there any other examples of obviously pregnant women filming movies? I can't think of that happening much.

dude, get real. i mean seriously. evita is shyt. its bad.

in any reputable book about cinema, dss is heralded as a classic. great dialogue, cinematography, stage actors, captured a moment in time, etc...

heres the reality - outside of madonna fan rooms, evita is a huge joke.

thats just the truth.

Delusion much.

No one barely knows what DSS is outside the Madonna fan rooms... get real...

what reputable book about cinema? "Queens' best movies of the 80's" or what!?!?

You must have missed that EVITA is the only acclaimed Madonna movie... so get real please...

Guest Pud Whacker

not only that but you can tell shes very protective, very motherly in a role that begs for VENGEANCE. evita is like a mussolini. she plays it with a smile the whole way through. she has about 3 minutes of craziness. it would be like jerry mathers playing hitler.

Delusion much.

You must have missed that EVITA is the only acclaimed Madonna movie... so get real please...

Actually Zezwer, you're wrong about this one. Evita was simply the movie that won Madonna a Golden Globe. DSS is the movie that Madonna put out at her zeitgeist. It's just as, if not more iconic. When people talk about Madonna's career they always talk about her movie debut, which happened to be in a decent little comedy in which she played a street vixen with great tits. Not a brilliant film but a good one nonetheless. Evita divided critics - and I remember this because I became a fan in the wake of Evita. The only accolade Evita got was a measly Golden Globe and NO ONE really puts too much stock on those. It just made Madonna more of a legend by winning it - thats all. Had Madonna won an Oscar I'd see your point.

Guest Pud Whacker

Delusion much.

you just proved you know nothing about film.

go read great art of light and shadow - archeology of the cinema.

desperately seeking susan is the ONLY madonna movie loved by critics, fans and MOVIEGOERS.

Actually Zezwer, you're wrong about this one. Evita was simply the movie that won Madonna a Golden Globe. DSS is the movie that Madonna put out at her zeitgeist. It's just as, if not more iconic. When people talk about Madonna's career they always talk about her movie debut, which happened to be in a decent little comedy in which she played a street vixen with great tits. Not a brilliant film but a good one nonetheless. Evita divided critics - and I remember this because I became a fan in the wake of Evita. The only accolade Evita got was a measly Golden Globe and NO ONE really puts too much stock on those. It just made Madonna more of a legend by winning it - thats all. Had Madonna won an Oscar I'd see your point.

Golden Globe is better than nothing...

It is still though... to this date her most critically acclaimed...

but it's ok if people doesn't like it... but those are facts...

as for DSS it's iconic within the Madonna community... and just because of that icon status it got me so disappointed that she just had a support role in it... I expected alot more..

I think that for older fans that were around that era... or for the ones that this was the first Madonna movie they saw... I can understand the nostalgia feeling or whatever

My first Madonna movie was "Who's that Girl"... but I saw it probably like 10 years after its release but anyhoo...