GAME OVER!

cosmic_system

The Sticky & Sweet Tour may not me my favorite Madonna tour, but the show in Paris Bercy was my favorite Madonna concert... Completely loved it.

This round 2 was a very good thing to do !

How is her show not suited for a Stadium? It's more suited for a stadium than almost every other artist who performs in one. Most bands/solo artist just have a blank stage and like two big screens lol. Dave Matthews, Paul McCartney,Bruce Springsteen etc...all have done Stadiums shows recently and all have a pretty bare atmosphere in the visuals department. Even U2's new show isn't that "grande" so to speak. It's just like one big circle screen and thats it. I guess I can't comprehend what you would expect. Yes Madonna's shows look "bigger in arenas" but that is because they are arenas and it makes it more "overwhelming" in your words. Of course the production is going to "appear" smaller when you are accomadating 30,000-85,000 people but in no way is her production any less of a stadium production than any other act, in fact it is much more. You should just see her in arenas from now on.

This is Paul McCartney from one of his three shows recently at Citifield. Notice the complete lack of lighting and production. Madonna has so much more with her lighting, dancers, mega screens transforming into various shapes etc... The only thing she doesn't really use is fireworks but those are tacky most of the time. The only time I have liked those is with Robbie Williams Closer Enocunters tour.

The show would have been fine in Wembley but whoever put the stage together didn't take into account certain aspects such as the side of the main stage - the sides were completely covered. Unlike previous tours where you could see all the way back to the video screens at the back of the stage, you could only see the front two metres and the walkway so much of the performance and videos could not be seen. The giant screens were also were at an angle that could not be seen by large swathes of the crowd. Wembley isn't a popular venue anymore though. The O2 has prooved its credentials as superb venue including the second leg of the S&S tour. Hyde Park is also taking over as the place to hold mega concerts. She should play there. At least people wouldn't be stranded in the middle of nowhere when the crap underground system shuts.