Let's talk Mirwais Ahmadzaï

I've just noticed (yes ok I'm a bit slow) that Mirwais has done tracks for Madonna on Music, American life and COADF. (And for the COADF he produced some of my favs from that album)

Do you think in the future he will re-appear to produce the odd Madonna track? (e.g on her first LN album)

I could imagine she may pick Stuart, Mirwais, DJ Frank E and Paul to help her do a new album (IMO sounds like a good line up lol)

Hmmm...I think we may see Mirwais' name re-appear in the future, but probably as a songwriter and not a producer. It seems like he and Madonna were quite prolific in the studio and there could be a lot in the vaults we don't know about.

I think Mirwais gets a bum rap, but I do understand why. His work is very love it or hate it.

He's done some fantastic work with Madonna: Music, Impressive Instant, Future Lovers, but also some so-so stuff like I Deserve It, Love Profusion, Intervention. I wouldn't care if she ever worked with him again because it always seems to be hit and miss. I say bring on more Stuart Price.

Do you think in the future he will re-appear to produce the odd Madonna track? (e.g on her first LN album)

I could imagine she may pick Stuart, Mirwais, DJ Frank E and Paul to help her do a new album (IMO sounds like a good line up lol)

Out of those names I would ONLY be ok with Mirwais returning..

I'm sick of the euroclub sound so no more stuart/paul... Mirwais atleast is somewhat interesting and original so that would be ok with me..

What i've heard of Frank E is more or less generic...

He's done some fantastic work with Madonna: Music, Impressive Instant, Future Lovers, but also some so-so stuff like I Deserve It, Love Profusion, Intervention. I wouldn't care if she ever worked with him again because it always seems to be hit and miss. I say bring on more Stuart Price.

Intervention.. so-so? Wow, we sure all have diverse taste. To me, that song alone saves that awful album.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I prefer Mirwais to Stuart. I liked what him and M did together. It became a very signature style for her.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

AL is heaps better than Music imo.

I love Music, but i don't find myself revisiting it as much as some of her other albums from that time.

I really love Fighting Spirit and Superpop, both of which show Mirwais can be a very flexible producer and still sound good so I hope we either get some new collabs between him and Madge or some of the vault songs released :thumbsup:

Intervention.. so-so? Wow, we sure all have diverse taste.

Intervention so-so ?!?! IMO it`s one of her best songs ever....the guitar in the beginning, the chorus, her emotional voice ! Pure heaven :thumbsup:

Well, there's a rumor that one of the "Celebration" releases (either the digital album, or perhaps one of the single EPs/downloads) will have a bonus track referred to as "the one that (almost) got away" -- a leftover from the American Life recording sessions called "Cool" (or "Cool Song"). If they see fit to release this one from the vault, then maybe you'll get your wish for more Mirwais.

[by the way, I tend to agree with you -- I like a lot of his work with her. I feel like I'm always (obnoxiously) reminding people that he had a hand in COADF. Love Future Lovers, Impressive Instant, Paradise. And, yes, I love Intervention -- it's beautiful! But really, Stuart seems to edge out Mirwais as a long-time collaborator -- because of all his work with her on tour in addition to albums. Remember, Stuart started touring with her in 2001 on DWT, remixed "Hollywood" and co-wrote "X-Static Process" in 2003, and then did most of COADF with her. Even though Mirwais has loads of bonus tracks and has tracks on three albums, Stuart has three tours and re-imaginings/fresh production on so much of her back catalog due to the touring collabs -- think CT's "Erotica" and the promo tour remix of "Everybody" for just two small examples. And of course -- who do we have to THANK for Stuart and Madonna getting together? Well, that would be MIRWAIS. :) Haha! So it kinda does all come back to him, huh? LOL! Thank you, Mirwais.]

Sorry about slamming Intervention since most of you like it. It just doesn't seem to go anywhere for me. Everyone has different tastes I suppose. I think I liked the more uptempo stuff he did rather than the laid back stuff (aside from Nothing Fails, I think that's the best thing Mirwais did for Madonna).

I think he is her all time tackiest collaborator and would rather she never works with him again. Mirwais' production is akin to wearing a green vest with burgundy pants. Just gaudy. I was able to digest certain songs he did on Music, but his shtick got old quick. The American Life album proved that he was a one trick pony.

I can't fathom how anyone cal say Intervention or even Love Profusion is a so so song. They are two of her greatest achievements in pop music. Mirwais was a genius collaborator for her, and I'd love to see him come back once in a while.

Stuart Price can go flush himself.

DJ Frank E???...based on that shit demo?? HELL NO.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Impressive Instant is still very fresh sounding and original almost 10 years later. I love her with Mirwais

So is Music imo.

I can't fathom how anyone cal say Intervention or even Love Profusion is a so so song. They are two of her greatest achievements in pop music. Mirwais was a genius collaborator for her, and I'd love to see him come back once in a while.

Stuart Price can go flush himself.

DJ Frank E???...based on that shit demo?? HELL NO.

Well musically speaking they're average songs. Lyrically speaking they're above many other things Madonna or her co-writers have written. There are more interesting songs in a musical sense on American Life, like the title track, Hollywood, and I'm So Stupid (though the lyrics leave alot to be desired). I tend to pay more attention to musical structure than to lyrics. The way a song sounds is mostly what draws me to it, and Love Profusion and Intervention seem to stay in the same place and don't vary much in their musicality.