Debi Mazar Talks About Madonna (Dancing With The Stars)

Guest Hot Revolver

Debi guest starred on Law & Order: SVU last year. (It was one of those 'ripped from the headlines' type of episodes... she played a character based on that woman who harrassed a teenage girl over the Internet -- and the girl killed herself. Very sad story in real life, and so the fictionalized version was also very dark. But Debi's performance was good.)

^^ well, I'm not saying dancing is Z-List. That show is. I was sad to hear the news.

Um. Dancing With the Stars is like the second biggest rated show in the US after American Idol. Its a JUGGERNAUT with HUGE coverage online and on entertainment shows. Check your facts.

Guest hot revolver

Um. Dancing With the Stars is like the second biggest rated show in the US after American Idol. Its a JUGGERNAUT with HUGE coverage online and on entertainment shows. Check your facts.

Yea but the celebs themselves arent like a listers ok?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest groovyguy

Dancing's Debi Mazar: I'll Make Madonna Vote for Me: Contrary to widespread reports, Debi Mazar says she has absolutely no dancing experience on her résumé. So what's with all that B-girl talk? "I did a hip-hop TV pilot for a friend," the Dancing with the Stars contestant tells TVGuide.com. "All of the New York City breakers were the B-boys. I was just the girl who liked to dance at the clubs." But her rhythm in the clubs hasn't easily translated to the ballroom. "It's so grueling. I didn't know how to keep my feet together. I'm, like, f---ing pigeon-footed, like I'm about to take a sh-- or pee-pee. I look like an idiot!" the always sassy star says. Find out how she's learning to focus (and who gave her the advice), why she chose Maksim Chmerkovskiy as her partner and more.

TVGuide.com: How are rehearsals going?

Debi Mazar: It's going pretty good. We have some days that are better than others, obviously. I had a naive sense because I thought since I love music that I was going to feel it and be divine! Then I realized I'm the most uncoordinated person! I feel like I have ADD. This rehearsal process has been really humbling, excruciatingly painful. There's a lot going on now too. I have two kids and school has started. I don't have time to do extra cardio or whatever. I find myself crying — not because of Maks because he's quite patient and lovely with me — because I, as a performer, want to look like the pro dancers.

TVGuide.com: A lot of people think Maks does make people cry.

Mazar: Not with me. I'm hard on myself. The reason I chose Maks is because I saw him in other rehearsals on YouTube and I really felt that I needed somebody that was going to be really strict with me since I'm not a dancer. My second choice was Derek because I thought his dancing seemed fantastic, but I thought Maks would be better because of our heights — not that I'm tall or anything — and our coloring. Then I came to find out he's this incredible son. He's a great brother. He's a great boyfriend. He's a gentleman. He's 29 years old and has, like, four businesses. He's really intelligent and all of these things made me go, "Wow, I scored." I got someone who's going to push me and make me f---ing miserable, but I'll probably come out being a better dancer. And our personalities are good. We're both stubborn and have a great sense of humor.

TVGuide.com: He's single now. Are you going to try to hook him up with anyone?

Mazar: I don't go for hooking people up. I always found that hearts should come together organically. I'd love to introduce him to a wonderful girl, but I don't hang out with girls that much because I'm a mom. With all that's going on, I'm being a good friend. We're working really hard to pass the time because time heals. I have no idea what it's going to be like for them. I've met her and she's beautiful, lovely and very generous.

TVGuide.com: Will Madonna ever drop by or make an appearance on the show?

Mazar: Oh, definitely not! Never! First of all, she just ended a world tour and Madonna's never seen Dancing with the Stars. The tabloids wrote that she called me. Madonna doesn't call anybody on tour. I e-mailed her to go, "Oh my God! I've taken this job called Dancing with the Stars! My feet are killing me! Should I rehearse in flats?" She goes, "Oh, I always rehearse in heels. I'm really good at ballroom dancing." [Laughs] And that's the only advice she gave me! In terms of coming to see me — no. She's busy. With the amount of attention and cameras coming here, she wouldn't want to be involved in all of this. But I'll make her vote and make her spread the word. She doesn't really watch TV, but she'll TiVo me.

TVGuide.com: According to your tweets, the foxtrot is giving you hell. What's so tough about it?

Mazar: I've been pushing my neck back too far and it feels like it's going to snap off. But when I just relax and allow Maks to lead me, it's like magic. I'm trying to be patient with Maks and myself and it's only happened a week ago. Rosie Perez called me. She goes, [in Puerto Rican accent] "You need to shut the f--- up, man! You need to f----ing listen to him!" I tried it and it worked. You know, you kind of lose some self-confidence after having kids because you'll never be the way you were. But I feel good. I feel ready to go out there and have fun. I'm going to use the time I have left to shut up and really be a good student. I don't care how the other people are doing.

TVGuide.com: The cast is huge. Can you even remember everyone?

Mazar: Honestly, some of them, I don't even know who they are. I've met him here, but I don't know Aaron Carter. Not being disrespectful, but he's, like, 20 and I think he's got a band or something. Joanna Krupa — I've never heard of her. I don't read Maxim. ... The press likes to sensationalize it and go, "Who the hell are these people?" Well, they're people and they're trying to be dancers. I mean, I don't think Angelina Jolie is going to come on Dancing with the Stars. I'm sorry. But how about Donny [Osmond]? He's a professional dancer. He's a professional performer. He's got a smile that runs from California to New York. He's got the biggest, whitest teeth and people love him!

TVGuide.com: I want to talk about your website, Under the Tuscan Gun. It's very cool and the cooking videos are great. Are you going to do more during the season?

Mazar: Thank you. We have one extra in the can and we're going to do more. Worst case scenario, I come home, take off my makeup and start cooking. People quite like our date-night episodes. A Web design company found me from Twitter and we're relaunching the website. It has an incredible look. I've never seen it on any cooking website.

TVGuide.com: How did it come about?

Mazar: My husband wrote me love letters while I was on location in Canada and pregnant. They turned into being about food and it turned it into a cookbook. He called it The Tuscan Cookbook for the Pregnant Male. It was kind of genius. When I took it a book agent, he was like, "Men don't buy cookbooks." One day, we filmed a recipe for fun and we started doing one every week. What we do, you can do on an electric burner with the cheapest crap. It's about simplicity, love and family life. It's not produced in a way where it's, like, "Now you add the sugar" and cut to cleavage. They wanted it on a network, but we held off because they always want to overproduce it. But now that it's going, we're hoping it'll plant some seeds because we want to relocate to Florence.

TVGuide.com: Between dancing and cooking, have you changed your diet at all?

Mazar: No, my husband makes an Under the Tuscan Gun lunchbox for me everyday. He's been so wonderful with everything. I'm so grateful. I have my daughter's Hello Kitty lunchbox that I'm using. I eat the same things. Could I diet more? Yes. But could I do it and have the same energy? No. I don't have the time and I need to do what makes me comfortable and happy. And I'm happy. I want to have fun and Maks to have fun. I feel like it's my responsibility. I will never be the dancers that the pros are, but I might be able to come out of this being able to turn out some nice steps at a party.

Ok so say you asked me for advice about rock climbing and my response was:

'I CLIMB MOUNTAINS BAREFOOT, I'M GREAT AT CLIMBING MOUNTAINS!' How would you feel about that?

I would think the first part was probably advice worth taking, the second was you slightly veering off topic and telling me how good you are at climbing. My sides wouldn't be SPLITTING I have to be HONEST.

Well you obviously don't have the same sense of humour as me. It's a fire sign thing. What do you find funny? I shudder to think. The reason it's funny is because it's so tragic and self centred. 'HEY GODESS, MY STAR IS FALLING SO IM DOING THIS FUN PROGRAMME, WHERE YOU LEARN TO DANCE...ANY ADVICE?'. Madonnas response 'HI BITCH, WHAT EXACTLY IS A TV? I GUESS I CAN GIVE YOU ADVICE ON DANCING. I DANCE IN 5 INCH HEELS MINIMUM AND I'M REALLY FUCKING GREAT AT BALLROOM. GOOD LUCK.'

Oh ok. I just wondered whether that was all.