A Question For The Madonna Critics

Cherish

Guest Danny86

Well Danny to be fair, people complain about a LOT of people here. Hell, people complain about Neutrocks. A lot. Plenty of people have him on ignore as well. What can we do? He's not breaking the rules. Believe me there are a lot of people on here who I just would rather see GONE but sometimes we just can't do much. I will say that the next time one of the moderators is called in to have to babysit after GimmeSomeMo then it might be the last time we have to do it, if you know what I mean. GSM is well aware of this so I would hope he knows not to push his luck.

OK, fair enough. Thanks for the explanation.

Guest Danny86

Lets be fair though Danny, to use structural complexity of song writing in and of itself as a measure of artistic success is complete NONSENSE of the HIGHEST ORDER. :D

Maybe so, but in my opinion it still negates the complaints about Madonna putting less effort into HC, no matter how silly "CS" or "SL" lyrics are. :p

:rotfl: I DON'T DOUBT THIS.

I DO!! One of Neutrocks longest threads was the Celebration leak thread. I sure remember a lot of replies from people that didn't have him on ignore.

Anyway, for the most part, I love how Madonna Nation doesn't ban people. It's why this forum stays as diverse and mixed up as it is. If I dislike someone that bad, I can just put them on ignore. But, I'd rather not and just tell them off instead. lol

Guest ursaminorjim

Better still? Don't tell people how to think or question their motives for liking or disliking whatever they choose.

Express yourself, don't repress yourself.

Guest jamesshot

I think, to a large degree, the moderators do an outstanding job with this place. It can't be easy putting up with a bunch of opinionated know-it-alls ( and I include myself) on a day to day basis.

The IGNORE tool is useful. I even have a moderator on ignore. However, that is the only person. My suggestion is don't take the bait. Some posters who just want to cause trouble, love to find out what makes you tick then use that over and over to get a rise out of other posters. Generally, it is best just to ignore or reply with something short and to the point like "Yawn".

For the most part, the free flowing ideas around here is great.

But even I, yes I, can get on some epic rants like I did last week. 12:15 even called me out on it and we had a brief exchange but I hold him in high regard even though I like to give him shit sometimes. I even offered to help him find a place to stay when he was considering coming to see Madonna in Houston. Doesn't stop him from calling me out and it doesn't stop me from giving him grief sometimes.

Though sometimes this board does NOT resemble a FAN board. M "fans" love to bash her. I don't get it. A fan board should be a place where that object of the board is defended. If not us, who?

Guest SuperPop

Wait a minute, so you're reducing her songs to structural tidbits now? That's like saying that a book with illustrations is by definition a better quality book than one without them.

I don't see how not having a bridge is bad if we get a nice instrumental break instead. I don't see how having a verse/chorus structure is bad if hte melody is amazing. Why don't you just be honest and say that you prefer Hard Candy to Confessions because you just DO? It just sounds like you're trying to make everyone who poops on Hard Candy and glorifies Confessions look like they have a shitty grasp on what "GOOD SONGWRITING" is. That's the exact kind of snobbery that you spend 90% of your time on here fighting against.

I am very aware of people's dumb excuses for the relative thud Hard Candy was recieved with when it came out last year, and I am just as ready as you are to squash them, but your excuses for a group of people PREFERRING an album over Hard Candy are pompous as fuck. Just saying.

:clap::clap: