"Celebration" DVD- Double DVD Set

cosmic_system

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I doubt we are going to have a WHOLE GROUP of under 18's buying this DVD. I'm sure the more adult videos will be perfectly FINE to put on this.

acko & Suedey- I too have had issue with TIC home video. It's not just the images, but also the audio, no? Or maybe I'm thinking of The Video Collection? I know with one of them, the audio sounds drowned out some, not as loud as it could be (on regular volume).

You're right about that as well (the TIC audio). It really is annoying in parts.

Guest nothingfails0603
I doubt we are going to have a WHOLE GROUP of under 18's buying this DVD. I'm sure the more adult videos will be perfectly FINE to put on this.

I agree. It pissed me off that Erotica and Deeper And Deeper didn't make 93-99 (which would've been 92-99 instead) because Warner didn't want a sticker. Don't worry about it Warner, put those two plus Justify, stickers be damned.

It didn't surprise me in the least that Erotica and D&D were left off that collection -- it was released right after "Ray of Light," when Madonna was all new-age/born-again/g-rated pop star and they didn't want to reflect on moments of her career that caused a stir. It was pandering and a cop-out, but still, expected.

I would be fine if this new one ommitted a video or two, provided that they aren't as prominent and the tracks are on the CD (i.e., "You Must Love Me"). This really should be for the important videos and for those that have never been available, like "I Want You" and "American Life."

And it may be naive but it would tickle me to DEATH if they through "Paradise" on here, just because it got short-sighted on the DWT and it would be a good bonus for those who were miffed about the whole situation. It'll never happen, but oh well.

LTT and TUTBMP aren't amoing her best videos, though, Topaz (then again, neither is LDLHA), so them not appearing on any prior video collections doesn't necessarily mean there aren't other versions in the vault. Not saying there are, mind you, just hypothesizing.

Guest bluejean

The Video Collection 93-99 was such a random thing to release when I think about it now.

They could have waited until GHV2.

Thinking about this I just had a thought...

Madonna's 2 biggest flops followed after GH albums. Erotica and American Life.

I hope the Express Yourself video uses the original audio that was on the promo vhs cassette, used widely in 1989 and to this day rarely seen instead of that fucked up mess they put on the IC

the original version of express yourself was 5 minutes

the same with lucky star

and prob erotica

i wouldnt be surprised if they used the edits so they could save time and include more videos.

I don´t think there´ll be a problem with the soundtrack videos. Because the studios or producers of the movies will benefit from the release of those videos, simply this is a marketing tool for them as well. People may be interested to watch those movies and buy the DVD. And the producers don´t even have to pay Madonna for doing this kind of campaign. And they are not stupid. At this point she does no need to include those videos. So it´s rather unlikely they will charge her for the footage. And maybe all these legal and financial issues were solved a long time ago, when the videos/movies were shot and she was granted the use footage for future releases.

The Video Collection 93-99 was such a random thing to release when I think about it now.

They could have waited until GHV2.

Thinking about this I just had a thought...

Madonna's 2 biggest flops followed after GH albums. Erotica and American Life.

It's like there is curse on greatest hits albums.

I don´t think there´ll be a problem with the soundtrack videos. Because the studios or producers of the movies will benefit from the release of those videos, simply this is a marketing tool for them as well. People may be interested to watch those movies and buy the DVD. And the producers don´t even have to pay Madonna for doing this kind of campaign. And they are not stupid. At this point she does no need to include those videos. So it´s rather unlikely they will charge her for the footage. And maybe all these legal and financial issues were solved a long time ago, when the videos/movies were shot and she was granted the use footage for future releases.

It's all about the money for Warners. We will be lucky if we get at least 2 or 3 soundtrack music videos.

Guest groovyguy

Can we expect remastered videos just like the songs? I really hope so.

That would be cool. At least include a few remix videos.

I doubt this will happen for the 2-DVD set since this is WB.

One DVD - The main videos (I'm sure they can cram over 40 videos on one DVD)

Second DVD - Remix videos (I'm sure she had several over the years)

Edited by Live It Up

So the MADONNA.COM newsletter confirms the 2 DVD release

Dear Madonna Fans,

As announced last week, an important Madonna release is to hit the stores on September 29 (September 28 outside of the United States). Celebration is the ultimate compilation of Madonna's biggest hits, which were all remastered and selected by Madonna and her fans.

Also featured on this upcoming release are two brand new songs co-produced by Madonna and Paul Oakenfold. The first single, also titled "Celebration," has just been sent out to radios worldwide and is available for download from iTunes! Make sure to get your copy of it and to celebrate the song that is soon to become another worldwide hit for Madonna!

Celebration, the album, will be released on CD but also as a 2-CD set, both of them being available for pre-order from Amazon.com:

Pre-order the CD »

Pre-order the 2-CD set »

More Celebration-related releases are to be detailed within the next few weeks, including a special 2-DVD set and more — so stay tuned!

Let's get the party started, it's a Celebration!

The Madonna.com Team

Madonna.com